"Failed to enter game, this character is already in a game on the server"

it should be fixed now, but after leaving a game try not joining or making another one just for about 10 to 15 seconds.

I got this bug too. Please help me fix it. Thanks.

Char name: Skitarg
Region: EU
Platform: PC
Battle tag: Berran#2781

I don’t believe it is that, as another poster said when it will happen the game you are in you won’t be able to identify anything at that point you are doomed, after you leave that game you will be locked

BattleTag: KaLi#1113
Charakter: KaLiblizz
Server: EU
Plattform: PC

Also I am still locked

that is a old diablo 2 connection issue, in the original game if it timed out you couldn’t click on anyone or pick anything up etc. try leaving and exiting diablo 2, reboot and try joining another game. servers still can be full and could cause lag now and then

same issue

BT : Nomercy#1310
character Nomercy
america

Failed to enter game, says my character is already in game? Been a few hours, i’ve closed, reopened, restarted computer.

BT: Doomed#174
Char: Doom
America

BattleTag: Wolfie83#6290
Charakter: ArcticMagefire
Server: Asia
Plattform: PC

Stuck in game…

No offense, but none of that is the issue. It’s server-side, and has been a problem since release (and in the Beta). Thousand of people have the same issue. Just pray it doesn’t happen to you.

1 Like

Failed to enter game. says stuck in game

BattleTag: Wolfdance#1732
Character: DragonEssense
Platform: PC
America

it has lol, they’ve been working on it. as a work around I sometimes use the Europe servers but the americas server has been working great so far, if it keeps giving you issues try contacting blizzard or making a post. I see some people still have that same problem but I can join in and out of games just fine, and the forms are not getting flooded like they was earlier today when the servers was having issues. please be patient, they are doing what they can to fix the problems on the servers

There are new posts literally every second, what do mean. The lobby is filled with people having the same issue. Changing regions does nothing, they’re all linked anyway and we’ve all tried all that. All we can do is wait for Blizzard to fix it.

Changing region doesn’t change the lock out situation. When you’re locked you’re completely locked out of SC.

They have no idea what they are talking about. This is an issue with 1000s of people. Blizzard needs to figure out the fix on their end to get us all back and running again.

let me try joining and leaving games and see if the issue happens

You seem like you’re talking about the network error, which this isn’t. This is getting stuck in a server.

[Failed to enter game, this character is already in a game on the server]

BattleTag: 개굴#31799
Character: UU
platform: PC
asia

I’m not sure it seems to work fine for me, did you try leaving and closing out of battle.net completely and trying again? i’ve noticed everytime i boot up diablo 2 it needs a update but is super short. but then works just fine

You’re naive if you think every person in this thread hasn’t tried the dumbest things you have suggested.

1. I have tried waiting.
  2. Swapping regions.
  3. Closing the game completely.
  4. Restarting my PC.
  5. Scan and Fixing the game.
  6. Reinstalling the game.

The issue is there is no automatic timeout for characters in this game. So it thinks we are already in a game and there is nothing we can do on our end to fix that.

1 Like