"Failed to enter game, this character is already in a game on the server"

Forced check for updates, scan and repair, restart client, restart PC. These attempts at fixes are common sense for most people in troubleshooting and if the fix was as simple as client side, this post would have less than 2k replies and people wouldnt be locked out of their characters for 24 hours+. No offense, seems like you’re trying to help. Blizzard/AV are the only people that can help this situation.

1 Like

thank you, yea im honestly not sure what to do. though… i do know Hardcore should work, the same thing was happening to me the earlier today. again I do apologize I couldn’t be of any assistance but it was worth a shot

Hardcore confirmed worked for me and ive been locked for awhile now.

1 Like

Yeah i spent the last 2-3 hours playing HC. It’s not something i truly wish to invest my time in however as I know it will all be gone within the next 1-40 levels.

1 Like

[게임 진입 실패, 이 캐릭터는 이미 서버의 게임에 있습니다]

BattleTag: MaRine#31969
캐릭터: HYEON_BRO
플랫폼: PC
asia

Hey Sonix, thanks for giving out ideas on how to solve this problem, but I believe this is not the case you’re thinking, as Fale posted many of us here tried basically anything we can do, but none of these works.
The problem you’re mentioning is something the original D2 had, joining/creating a game too quickly after leaving a game, which happens a lot for baal runs, since no one wanna miss the next room, which gets full immediately. But this situation is completely different.
From the 2 times I’ve encountered this, along with others’ experience, it seems like something to do with Identifying Items.
The 2 times, I was in the game, playing completely fine, until I started to try identifying items, and none of them works, scroll or Cain. So I thought, might as well leave this one and identify them in the next new game, then BOOM, this problem happened. That was approximately 24hrs ago.
After a long break came back, probably 14+ hrs, D2R had a minor update, and my char is good again. Played for about 4 hrs, until I tried identifying something after a NM baalrun, it failed. The “I got a bad feeling about this” immediately went through my mind. I quit the game, and…yeah…again. Currently still locked.
So I believe this has nothing to do with our side, its the server end. The moment you found yourself unable to identify something, you’re doomed.
My only guess is that you could save yourself from now quitting the game too quickly, I’d say when you can’t identify something, just go do something else in that game, for some period of time, until you can finally identify items, then I guess the problem probably won’t happen, but that’s just a guess, can’t find out until I’m able to play again. At least it’s something I’ll be trying out next time I find myself not being able to identify items.

나도 3시간 동안 게임 참여 못하고 있음.
제발 빨리 해결해주세요.
아니면 환불해 주던지. 완전 쓰레기 게임

Battletag: caesar#41178
Character: caesar
Region: USA
Platform: PC

‘’Failed to enter game. This character is already in a game on the server. Please try again‘’

Got unstuck after 8 hours a few minutes after posting here. Played for about 30 min, did a couple mf runs and a couple baal runs, stuck again. Shoot me, its 5am and now I’m not tired.

Having this issue now too, having tried everything I guess I can only wait…

Battletag: Loveday#3918
Character: DEADCAT
Region: ASIA

‘’Failed to enter game. This character is already in a game on the server. Please try again‘’

same here…

“Failed to enter game, this character is already in a game on the server”

and when creating another Character the game crashes when entering the game.

Battletag: Mortaugswrath#1634
Character: Kornac
Region: NA
Failed to enter game. This character is already in a game on the server. Please try again.

Battletag: Riot#12887
Character: Riot
Region: America

Please Blizzard help us :frowning:

Character: Slinkysaurus
Region: EUROPE
Battletag: Cmon#1536

Battletag: TiaAires#4876

Char name: kruchyp
Softcore
Region: Europer
Platform: PC Windows
Battle tag: kruchyp#1265

Same

SpicyCupcake#11175
Softcore
Region: America
Platform: PC Windows

BTAG: mucha#2902
Character: drptbl_soso
Server: EU

+1 every character of mine on SC cant join or make a game no matter the region but I can make HC and play. rip… 3 hours and counting