Enough is enough

So all this is under an assumption that they knew?

So if they didn’t know it’s all good but if they did you’re mad…

That seems reasonable but you’re not acting reasonably are you because you’re saying they knew…which there’s zero evidence that this is the case. If they didn’t care about the game and just wanted to get there money and leave. They wouldn’t be doing PTR’s and would have just launched ladder.

Not sure what logical reasoning they have for doing any of this stuff if it’s costing them money and resources. If they just wanted to release a broken game and walk away.

I’m aware I have to live with it. You are making arguments against things I’m not saying. You also acted like I’ve been given all these answers yet you refuse to answer if this is shortly after. We all know this has been subpar at best. I just have higher expectations apparently.

Yeah I think if they genuinely believe ladder would have been out within a month of launch when the game launched id actually be close to ok with this. I don’t think that was the case at all though.

I mean that’s what they did. Released it and fixed a beta game at their own pace because they already got paid and are doing the minimum to achieve what they claimed. Bare minimum.

Again stop with what “shortly after” means. You have been given several responses on that and I’m not going to rehash what I AND others have already stated (re-read the posts). Clearly it’s not fast enough for you we get it. You feel you were wronged. We get that to. None of us here that have taken the time to reply to you over and over again feel the same.

You are no longer worth my time as you clearly don’t want to see reason.

You are entitled to feel how you feel.

What evidence do you have?

What your implying is that they did all of this for a quick cash grab.

Bare minimum would have been waiting 5 months then fixing the code and launching ladder as-is. They didn’t need to do any of the the other stuff they’re doing. Launching new runewords every ladder for the new few ladders to keep it interesting is not bare minimum.

I have zero evidence other than the smug attitude and that it’s hard to believe it would take over 4 months and them not be at least semi aware. It’s very possible it was just incompetence and not deception.

Yes, I have nothing against the devs but it was incompetence and not deception but I don’t even know if it’s incompetence either. They are dealing with 20 year old code trying to integrate it into a modern system.

I think they feel bad and that’s why they have promised new runewords for ladders moving forward. All this PTR skill changes and item changes tells use they at the very least care about the game. Bare minimum is just not accurate.

I hope you are right and regardless i will very happily play ladder if it’s in Feb. but paternity leave ends in March and will be wasted with no ladder. Instead I have a crying baby and no ladder

I’m going to be honest it’s still in PTR even if the PTR ends next week and the ladder launch 2 weeks after that you’re at best looking at the last week of February.

But I think they give people more than 2 weeks to plan for Ladder launch.

AND that is why he wants it now. He has sorta free time to play. I get that. But at the same time, I’ve triedo to D2 and baby — it’s pretty difficult. Gluck on the newborne.

I understand “why” they give people a long heads up on ladder dates but really hope they don’t. If they need the time coding wise I get it but the extra two weeks for “notice” sake I hope is more marketing and not actually the reason. Like if they could turn it on but don’t for two weeks so people can plan that’s weak

I understand him being upset honestly. They did over promise. They messed up. They obviously feel bad and trying to give the game love.

That made it feel like a genuine apology to me. I went from being WTF to okay well they messed up. If it were a cash grab situation that’s triggering but they wouldn’t do this if it were a cash grab.

A lot of people want to compete in ladder or want to grind with their friends. In the states at least you have to usually give 2 weeks notice for vacation time. I think it’s fair to work around that for people giving them time to take time off work if that’s what they want to do.

You’d want the same thing if you were busy working every day and a game you love was being launched.

Appreciate the good luck. Plan was to let wife sleep through the night and feed/keep baby by me and attempt to play in the sleep windows. That probably wouldn’t be effective and will be moot anyway

I’ve learned never to base vacation time around what I plan to plan or a release of any kind when it comes to games. You will always run into things like this, bad launches, etc. I simply take time off when I need it and if I can play some of my favorite games during that time, great. If not there are plenty of other things that can be done.

I personally never understood anyway. Isn’t like us normal folk will be in the top 5 on the ladder anyway, when we literally have guys like Llama who play d2 12 hours a day.

It sure is nice to sit back as an offline player though :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Who cares about a ladder?

The way the purists cry every time a change is made, I’m sure Blizz/VV is trying to implement it properly.

You are not all correct here festeruncle…

Stability issues came, and probably would have been found if…
If they would actually have done a proper testing phase, but they didn’t why?..
Because they wanted those millions of dollars, before people figured out that they were gonna play an alpha game the next 10 month…
Did they promise ladder shortly after release yes?
Was it changed to soon? yes
Was it changed to Q1 “maybe” if it fits apparently?

I think you are trying to defend something which would not go anywhere else in real life…

I think the example of buying a new car fits super well with the whole case since release… IT should never have been released in the state the game was in, perhaps not for a year or two… But then blizzard would lose millions and millions of dollars, and people would perhaps get even more suspicious about buying D4… But i think after this clownfiesta show, that it probably came to backfire.

3 Likes

I guess you need to learn the blizzard version of word phasing.

When they say “soon” it usually mean 3-7 years away

So base on that logic “shortly after” could very much mean anywhere between 6months to 2 years later.

Just because it isn’t what you expect doesn’t mean they lie or not delivering on their promises

İ usually think you defend the right cause

But you are wrong here

Shortly After isnt = to “no specified date”

İf they meant to specified date they could have picked from many options like
To be announced
Released when ready
To be confirmed
….
Not shortly after

Yes he had the five weeks to get a refund b4 release but i think the situation is like this

A - Can u lend me 40 dollars for a week tomorrow
B - Sure i can
—— next day —
A - Actually i wont be able pay next week but shortly after
B - sure
—— A doesnt pay for months —-
İf A said i wont pay you for at least 5 months then
B wouldnt have lent the money

—————-

So you CANT BLAME THE GUY COS U TRİCKED HİM İNTO PLAYİNG THE GAME İN THE FİRST PLACE imho

2 Likes