Enough is enough

They specifically announced at the release announcement that ladder WOULD NOT be available at release with no date for release. You bought the game knowing it was not part of it

Modern day gamer? I’m 37. I simply dont tolerate being lied to and being stolen from. They KNEW thyey were misleading because otherwise they’d have to pay out a lot of money. You know why they got away with it? People like you just think it’s crying. There is a huge difference between crying and wanting what you paid for. $40 is trivial but it’s the principle. They have lied and deceived the entire time for massive profit. Wake up.

5 Likes

No. They said it WOULD be out “shortly after.” You all like changing the details to make your arguments easier and it’s telling.

5 Likes

You were never misled, stop banging that drum. You had ALL the information you needed to decide to keep the game or get a refund. You chose to play the game and therefore were not eligible for a refund.

If you really are 37 I feel bad for you. You are actually acting like my 4 year old, even he knows better.

Let’s put it this way – if you feel this was misleading or a bait and switch or whatever, take it to the BBB, file a complain, or even talk to a lawyer to see if you have grounds for a suit/class action if you feel you were cheated. Actually act like a grown adult and you will be treated like one.

1 Like

They never specified a date it’s been 20 years so shortly could really mean anything

You were not lied to. You were told that ladder would not come at release and that they did not have a date for it.

You had 5 weeks to get a refund before release.

You chose not to.

You then played the game extensively knowing that invalidated any refund.

I don’t see a lie. I see a person who is angry that Ladder has not happened yet and is regretting not refunding during the 5 weeks they could.

If you are 37 then by now I am sure you are familiar with refund policies - and know that for software in particular if you use it you own it.

2 Likes

What do you think shortly after launch is?

4 Likes

You are lying too. I was told shorty after. Please use the exact words when refuting. This is not shortly after. The reason you change the wording is intentional because you know they have failed to live up to exactly what they said.

4 Likes

You 100% could have got a refund when they announced that ladder wasn’t going to be available on launch.

I know this to be a fact because my friend who pre-ordered it the first week it was available decided to issue a refund when they announced ladder wasn’t going to be available.

After that announcement they made no promises of a date of when ladder was going to be available. 100% didn’t set a date until December. In December they announced Quarter 1 of 2022. We are still in Q1 of 2022.

I’m sure you are familiar that intentional deceit would void the refund policy. Since you want to play that card. Blizzards legal policy makes it very difficult to sue and that’s by design because they would lose in a court battle pretty easily but the require many steps first to make it very costly.

“Shortly after” is not a date. That makes my statement correct. You were not given a date for ladder release.

Again, if this bothered you this much you should have refunded it during the 5 weeks before launch where you KNEW about the ladder delay. You had lots of time to do that. You opted not to.

1 Like

They said shorty after. That’s their wording. No rational person would think that would mean in Feb we wouldn’t even have a date. Why do none of you want to address the shorty after issue? Hmmm ?

3 Likes

Clearly its not soon enough for you. I could take or leave ladder, that was not a factor in my purchase decision. If it WAS a primary factor and I knew it wouldn’t be available at launch I would’ve done the reasonable thing and not made the purchase or refunded if I had pre-bought until ladder was ready.

This is ENTIRELY a frustration of your own doing.

1 Like

I believed them when they said shortly after. The only fault I made was trusting blizzard.

2 Likes

Sure, I will.

That term is vague for a reason. No date was given for a reason. They did not know when they could safely release ladder and it depended on game stability.

If they can’t commit to a date, they don’t. That is why they did not give one and left it with the vague “shortly after” verbiage.

Then you can argue what that term means, but it does not really matter.

You had 5 weeks to refund. You did not.

2 Likes

To beat a dead horse. When I chose to keep the game the person said I’ll get your money back to you shortly. Where’s my money?

Stop telling me to grow up. This isn’t shortly after and you know it. Best case scenario it was misleading. More likely a blatant lie. They knew they weren’t close but couldn’t take the loss if they were honest.

2 Likes

So when asked what they meant about shortly after I think there is an official post somewhere that they talked about when they figured out the server issues and coding problems they were running into.

Then they made an official post a month or so later saying they are having to re-code a bunch of things based on old broken code from the legacy server that started becoming a problem when so many people started playing.

Then after that they let us know they were still working on it and a month later which leads us to December. They gave as a date range of Q1 2022. They also did apologize that they were running into coding problems.

So what else are they supposed to do?

What is your expectation exactly?

You think that for some reason you deserve a refund after playing the game for hundreds of hours?

Then they shouldn’t have said shorty after. They should have said we have a lot of issues and don’t know how long it will take and won’t be doing so until it’s ready which will probably be in 2022. That’s not what they did so don’t act like it was.

2 Likes

What is this hypothetical? Are you stating that you were promised a refund and didn’t get it? If that was the case then you should pursue that.

If you’re just trying to continue about what shortly means, I think Cheetah absolutely nailed. If you NEEDED a date you should’ve asked for one, if and one could not be given, you should’ve been smart enough to wait and get a refund. You chose not to.

Again this is frustration is entirely your doing. Please show some emotional maturity and accept that and move on.