End the Greifing and make PVP a mutual agreement

I can’t wait to ruin people’s good time and check their assumed privileges about “what this game is meant to be” by tele stomping them as they on on Baal wave 5.

Here comes the pain!

You are part of the problem, not the solution.

This is just something I will never understand that side.

Maybe we should have abilities that cancel out threat levels from players to make them immune to attacking anyone. New skill for sorc? I’d be down with that. Go into PvP games and ruin some “good times”.

Whoa, OMG no. Please, omg NO.

Haha, oh this is crazy comical. This literally changes the entire game… I personally LOVE the hostile environment of D2, makes it last so much longer. From the FFA loot being the most exciting system ever, to not knowing if someone’s going to come in and try to kill everyone… you have more than just the minions of hell to fear. This is exactly why so many of us were so disappointed and still are with D3. Looks like D4 will follow along this formula as well. Let’s please at least one good entry with these features, because this is the best system in any game.

Prove me wrong without being biased. My argument, is I honestly don’t care if I die. I prefer an unknown world, a harsh place. I very much would rather have this thrill in the game than without, victorious or not. I don’t see how removing this would make this game “more fun”, just simply easier and more forgiving.

But it isn’t a problem…
It is a feature.

No i didnt have druid in beta but 15 years ago I used to play lvl 49 shapeshift druid in PvP.

Possible but have little chance of getting one and that would waste a lot of money.

Civerb doesnt have deadly strike. This was actualy my equip on Zod:

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

Also lol, i was randomly checking the main page of battle net application on beta weekend time and saw link to one streamer so i wacthed for a while and she was actualy talking about pvp and MrLama and how should would like to have is Ear lol. So I joined and gave it to her since i killed him before :smiley: It was funny and kind of random LMAO she was so happy :rofl:

TIME 00:15:05 btw :smiley:

PvP does not imply fairness

I am the solution. The path and the way.

Which tells me it should therefore be consensual. Why are duelists afraid of this?

My way to play is just as valid as yours sir. Game mechanics confirm this.

You want equality? This is it. Be ready for the tele stomp!

People that are interested in PvP are only interested in griefing at game launch. It’s going to take a bit of time for people to get back to similar gear as they had back in OG D2, and while these hardcore guys are ramping up, you can bet there will be quite a few games ruined by jerks who just want to come in and kill people, looking to play with random people, but in PvE only.

Right now, anyone can join a battle.net multiplayer group, hit “p” see where everyone is, tp/waypoint to them, turn hostile with zero warning to opposing person and kill them. Right now there is no system in place to warn the targeted person that someone is out for blood. It allows people to be completely rude about things. Right now you have to constantly hit p to make sure no one is being a pker because there’s nothing to the defending player. In the original you at least had a warning via sound of someone going hostile allowing either time to prepare for combat or to run. If this is allowed to continue hardcore players will only play SP and never group

If people start hostiling in the early days of launch there will be plenty of players who will just kill them. In fact many players like ZaX will probably take great pleasure getting rid of the guy. The PK builds people use are not easily made and will not be easily done in the early days. After 3 days in beta I did find one guy running around with a lvl 9 trying to PK. He wasn’t as bad as I expected but he still took off when he realized I wasn’t running and dropping the game and my fireballs were removing 20% of his life…

PK’ing is a part of this game. It is not a fair playing field for PvP, and definitely not for PvE players. It never has been, that is the game. If you want fair PvP go find a game that does not have the power of your character tied to the items he is wearing. This game does not need to be changed to make the new players happy when you will just move on because of pLoot. The game is as it is and should not cater to some new players who haven’t logged the hours of most of seasoned player base. There are other games that are more ‘friendly’ if you don’t like the hostile environment of this game.

I think we all expect them to get the game back to only being able to hostile in town and bringing back out loud “Oh SH!T” sound of being hostiled.

I LIKE TOMBS. You should just quit, this is a huge feature of the game and if you don’t like it, we won’t miss you.

Get better, play solo, or find a group to play privately.

lol that’s pretty funny gg :slight_smile:

I thought cleglaws was bm by the way :wink:

Ah, but you will.

When sales are slow and player retention numbers plummet, Blizz will take one look at D2R and decide it’s not worth any maintenance dollars, move those funds to making Immortal PC-capable.

Then you’re left with a buggy, half-playable game that won’t be patched.

Of course, you can always then return to a more-stable D2, but you won’t have done any favors for people who want D2R to thrive…

There isn’t going to be a militia of “good players” policing open games for jerks PKing newbs. That’s just the most silly thing I’ve ever heard.

The only way to fix it, is to add opt-in PvP, to prevent it from happening in the first place.

You seem to forget this game is over 20 years old. It has had this system going for over 20 years. It is popular enough for Blizz to remaster it and try to get people back into playing it. This is not a new game, it is not intended as a new game. They don’t need to mess with the game to make it stick around until D4 is released. The goals of D2R are not the same the goals for D4.

The HC player base has dealt with PK’er for ages now, they are not an issue with the play of the game. Some form guilds and only play in PW’ed games, others build their own PK characters so they can go after the PK’ers.

IKR…

They did, I heard it this weekend, when someone entered Tal Rasha’s Tomb before the other players were even done getting their cube.

“Zhuuu-WEEEEM!”

‘Yeah, you’re gonna get it now, sorc.’

I saw lots of high level sorceresses, doing it, but very few others. In fact, I joined a game, and it was all Sorcs, no joke! Eight Sorceresses! Fun, fun, fun!

The did update it - bringing the graphics up to 2021 standards. No reason they can’t do that for the UI, either.

All of what you say sounds accurate, but it still does nothing to refute the suggestion that going hostile becoming consensual doesn’t impact the game at all - except for the most anti-social of players. Why should we put up with that kind of insanity unless we want to?