End the Greifing and make PVP a mutual agreement

So basically… you’re playing a role playing game… an mad that someone decided it would be fun to play the roll of a villian an attack other players… seems like that option is kinda the point of role playing games. The game already supports the ability to play your own servers with 8 players who can play anyway they want.

I can’t believe people are crying about this. You know you can set level restrictions or make private games right? Getting griefed is not something that happens that often in mf games, and the dude griefing usually gets chased out by the party of like 5-7 players lmao.

That one guy could easily run into a party with barb bo, druid oak, multiple elemental damage types and multiple auras from high level characters/mercenaries. Good luck with that.

I guess because they think it is fun? Try asking some folks from Dark souls why they invade other players.

Hell try asking to remove invasions on dark souls on a forum and watch the fans laugh you out of the room.

D2 pvp is the same thing, except it is easier to avoid and dying to a pk has a lower penalty. You lose what, a few minutes of time? Some gold that is worthless anyway? Actually if you put that in shared stash you don’t lose it either.
On hell difficulty you lose a little bit of exp, that is the only time it has an actual penalty.

Edit:

Are you actually going to compare abusing animals in real life to pking in a game?
Really?
You can’t see any conceivable reason why those two are completely unrelated?

this will never happen people from the “real” pvp community will never let you opt out of their well balanced (only with glitches and bugs apparently) high skill level needed highly competitive mode.

if only you could stop people for invading your game in dark souls… i wish there was a way.

You can, just play offline or don’t activate an ember. I always hated getting invaded in DS as well but I never ranted about it, it is just part of the game.

Edit: to be clear, I am not much of a pvper in any game. I don’t really get a thrill out of it. But this is a change that is wholly unnecessary. It is quite simple to evade pks in D2, you hear hostility sound (assuming it will be fixed before release, which NEEDS to happen) you go “oh snap someone is going hostile!” and either get ready to fight them or open a tp and return to town.

I also think people are greatly overestimating how many people are actually going to be pking on live. Most folks are going to be farming items and exp, not trying to kill players for 0 reward.

that’s my entire point they have actual in game mechanics to disable pvp in dark souls yet you are using it as an argument as to why we shouldn’t have that in d2r… lol

See my edit. It is much easier to avoid a pk in d2 than it is in dark souls. It also comes with a much lower penalty than losing a ton of souls in DS.

having to stop playing for a few minutes to wait or make a new game isn’t really a solution to them because people do it just to grief people into having to stop, hell because of the stupid TP blocking aspect people do it just to disrupt people getting back to their group. Also for people who like me can’t hear the game i really hope they add a warning message or something on screen if they do add back in the sound for others.

You’re obviously talking about random games, but it’s a role playing games. So if you play random games you play with people who are playing different roles. That’s how its intended. You have all the options to control the content you play you’re just actively ignoring your options by playing with random people an complaining about it.

so the solution to this just like with 90% of the problems brought up on these forums is once again to play online solo… how wonderful.

we should add back in ultrawide support in this case because if you don’t like it you can just not play with people who have ultrawides or people you don’t know if they have ultrawides. problem solved.

In OG d2 a skull and crossbones appeared with the hostility sound playing, I would assume that should happen here as well. Admittedly it might be easier to miss than if you had the sound enabled.

Having to stop for a few minutes is a minor inconvenience at worst. Even making a new room is not that bad. If it bothers you so much you can make a private room with friends.
Again I think you are greatly overestimating how many people are actually going to be pking on release. It is much worse now because there are only 2 acts of normal available and people are bored.

Nope. That’s not what I said. D2 came with options to avoid what you dislike. It’s a community of gamers on a multiplayer game. So your more then welcome to find like minded players like yourself, an create a discord, add to friends list, play together an have 8 man games with all like minded players. You just want to put zero effort into creating the games you want to play.

Yes, yes it is. Suck it up, grow a pair and fight back or return to town if it happens. It does not need to be changed.
I actually am in favor of having the option have black bars or not by the way. Make it on option on room creation. something like “always off” “hostile only” or “always on”.

how do you meet likeminded people without playing with random people to see how they think and play? i made a lot of friends in random games in d2 having to go forum hopping to find people i hope will end up being compatible for a game is stupid

He literally just told you. Join a discord. There are tons of them out there for D2 and d3 already. Hell I am sure there are some out for d2r beta as well.

a discord is just a forum with a different skin… they are the same thing

The blizzard forums need a dislike button for comments like the one the OP made so we can down vote these kind of stupid game change suggestions into oblivion. Pvp is a crucial part of what makes d2 what it is.

no way. instantly refunding if they touch pvp

Why not just have a box you can check before creating a game that allows players who join your game, participate in PVP? Auto grouping is already streamlined so this option would be a welcomed addition to the game. Just know that if you join a game with this option you are liable to being PK by anyone in it.