Druid - what would you change in skills

he could give hunger a teleport effect or equivalent. when you use hunger it instantly teleports you to the target and takes a bite 100% hit.

1 Like

By the way, I’m still curious if you would be able to make a D2R version where every “class only” affixes are turned into Oskills instead

Would love to test how the game feels

1 Like

Things on the Druid that really need work:

1: Hunger
2: Arctic Blast
3: The Vines, especially Carrion and Solar
4: Spirit of Barbs

Hunger: I can think of two options.

Option A: Make Hunger Always Hit. That would allow it to be used with Crushing Blow, and combined with the extremely high life leech it might be viable as an Uber killer?

Option B: Replace Hunger with Ice Claws. Basically, Fire Claws, but Ice instead. Make Hurricane the synergy. I think this is the option I prefer. Especially if you combine the Fire Claws synergy to one synergy (for double the damage increase) which should be Armageddon.

Arctic Blast: Make it so Arctic Blast can pierce Cold Immunes. I’d suggest doing by having each ice shard that hits an enemy reduces that enemy’s Cold Resistance by -1%. Allow that to stack, and if it hits enough times it can break the immunity. Second, make it freeze enemies instead of chill. Those two changes ought to make it a viable skill.

Vines: These are all really weak. They need an ability that makes it worth investing in them. Since the Spirit skill branch is all about buffing your party, how about making the Vines branch about debuffing the enemy? Second, the vines need some kind of defensive ability for the vine itself, making it survive longer. Finally, the Carrion and Solar Vines need a synergy.

Poison Vine: Add an aura to the vine that Slows Enemies by 1%, with each point in Poison Vine increasing the Slow effect by 1%. Add a Chance Monster is Stunned When Struck effect to the vine, starting at 1% and increasing by 1% per a point in Poison Vine, with a duration of 2 seconds. Thus, level 20 Poison Vine would have a Slow Enemies 20%, and 20% Chance Monster is Stunned When (the Vine is) Struck. Both of these abilities would work well with poison damage.

Carrion Vine: Since Carrion Vine restores life; I think we should aim to make it work well with Shapeshifter builds. Add an aura to the vine that reduces Enemy Attack Rating by -2%, and Enemy Damage by -0.5%. Each point in Carrion Vine further reduces Enemy Attack Rating by -2%, and Enemy Damage by -0.5%. Add a Chance Monster Flees When Struck effect to the vine, starting at 1% and increasing by 1% per a point in Poison Vine. Thus, a level 20 Carrion Vine reduces Enemy Attack Rating by -40%, and Enemy Damage by -10%, with Monster Flees (from the Vine) When (the Vine is) Struck 20%. As for synergies, how about each point in Carrion Vine grants 2% Open Wounds to both Feral Rage and Maul (thus giving both wereforms access to it).

Solar Vine: Since Solar Vine restores mana I think we should aim to make it work well with Elementalist builds. Add an aura to the vine that reduces Enemy Resistances (Cold, Fire, Lightning, Poison) by -1%, and allow this effect to break Immunities. Each point in Solar Vine further reduces Enemy Resistances by -1%. Add a Chance Monster is Blinded When Struck effect to the vine, starting at 2% and increasing by 2% per a point in Solar Vine. Thus, a level 20 Solar Vine reduces Enemy Resistances by -20%, or -4% against Immune Monsters, with 40% Chance Monster is Blinded When (the Vine is) Struck. Even if you got the vine up to level 50 (max realistically possible), that would still only grant -10% Enemy Resistances to Immune Monsters.

Spirit of Barbs: Since the Spirit of Barbs is about dealing damage when attacked, it seems to me that the best thing to pair with this is a high defense, so that the attacks don’t hit very often. That also fits with the theme of Spirits buffing the party, and it makes sense that barbs on your armor not only damages attackers, but makes those attacks less effective. Add effect of increasing party Defense starting at +10% and increasing by +10% per a point in Spirit of barbs.

With the above changes to Carrion Vine and Spirit of Barbs, I could see a high defense Werebear Maul build: 20 Points in Werebear, 20 in Maul, 20 in Carrion Vine, 20 in Spirit of Barbs, and then probably 20 in Grizzly Bear.

1 Like

ive posted this before

since druid cant tele in shape form… they need paladins charge… it fits thematically. a wild animal charging.
and it would give them access to a skill to keep up with all the other classes teleporting.

arctic blast is useless and not even funny as a meme. just remove it all together.

Agreed

Pick something you like @Zax

1 Like

what if spirit of barbs would prevent damage on allies equal to the reflected damage

I will be giving him something to deal with phys immunes and fire as its where druid struggle the most.

you could just remove the immunity on the monsters. probably for the best. if they are just a struggle.

1 Like

Well i already did on regular monsters but they have still 90% or 95%.

i remember there was an idea. that monster resist was capped at 90 or something %. but some monsters would have more resistance that they couldn’t benefit from. but you had to reduce this resist before minus resist skills or gear got effective.

I would the 3 creepers change, well at least the poison creeper, would be nice if it would do more damage.

Remove the temporary thingy on the ravens, I want them to be there all the time without having to resummon them every minute. Those who want to resummon them to attack an other enemy can still do this.

Changing the artic blast skill so that it gets a good endgame skill

Improving the werebear skills. It’s tanky yes, but werebear is kinda awfull compared to werewolf. It also has 1 skill less than the werewolf for whatever reasons.

1 Like

Oh, that reminds me that I’ve wanted to make Rabies accessible to werebear (so both forms could use it).
It’s been on my to-do list for my mod, but I just haven’t had time to fiddle with it, lately.

1 Like

Would be a cool idea :slight_smile:

Hey, guys first of all thank you all for ideas and suggestion as i had finaly time to check my druid topic. I have seen plenty of cool ideas from you. Complete skill rework from MasterBLB in his link was especialy amazing and very detailed.

I will definitely implememt some ideas you guys suggested.

I have written down changes for majority of skills and i have some suggestion and i am unsure about few skill and would like to hear your opinions:

Poison creeper
Do you think max 3 poison creepers at the same time would be ok with buff to dmg too?

Raven
They will not die - too much or not?

Solar creeper
I am not sure what to do with this. I am seriously thinking about replacing it with completely different summon. But which one? Any ideas? I think act 3 have some cool creatures which would fill the gap. Maybe frogs shooting acid projectiles doing fire dmg as druid doesnt have summons with range attack?

Artic blast
I am basicly playing with two ideas, either making it with wide range or making it able to fully freeze enemies, what do you think?

Maul
How often is maul used? I dont really play bear druid so idk it it need buff or changes.

Hunger
I want to replace this skill. I had one idea and i would like to hear opinions. Hunger will be replaced with skill “Rotting flesh”. If monster is hit by it, it lowers life over time. It would be basicly negative hp regen. Good ?bad? Something else instead?

There is option B, Ice claws, working like fire claws but with cold dmg having synergies with some cold skills.

Thx for feedack :slight_smile:

Also i might abandon this topic in future as i keep updating my main topic with changes i make so if you want too see what i did or will do with skills in future, you can watch my progress here:

That does not matter much, with point investment Ravens peck so many times it stops being a concern. What really is annoying in the skill is casting Dim Vision on target, and therefore override ex. Decrepify provided by mercenary.

I’ve incorporated it into my Wind Druid build, and actually find it really useful. It allowed me to replace Insight with Reaper’s Toll for the merc, and provided a HUGE damage increase + another way to deal with physical immune foes. Leave it as it is.

1 Like

That will not be issue tho i plan to have spirit of barbs with aura decreasing physical/cold/fire resistance so druid will not need the curses to lower phys res.

A possibility to add a curse is always welcomed, so even with that change curse overriding by Ravens will still be annoying.

True, but i kind of like that curse as its quite effective and helping to your army. Maybe blindness could actualy lower phys res too if i think about it. And spirit of barbs would have only aura to lower poison, fire and cold dmg.

Naay, it’s possible to make a curse not override each other - see Attract. Just make special version of Dim Vision, applied only by Ravens, which behaves that way.

1 Like