Drop rates suck

I said what I said on it… it sounds a bit unbelievable is all. Even with taking time off from work it be 16 hour days of playing, say 1.5 hours for food/food runs, showers, livings, and 6.5 hours of sleep (just guessing at sleep).

Even if you ware doing this, and if so you do you, it sounds a bit suspect does it not?

8 Likes

Is there a better place to farm high runes? My understanding is Hell Cows is still the best run farming spot but I will admit I hadn’t played LoD in about 10 years prior to D2R

1 Like

Hell Cows is great for farming runes. High monster density and fast killing speed is all you need.

I clear as fast as I can, focusing on killing the packs. I ignore the stragglers just to save time.

Even killing the devilkin packs in A1 on the way to The Pits, I’ve dropped a few decent runes.

4 Likes

Except it is literally the same game under the hood.

“D2R makes me feel like I’m wasting my time” - D2R doesn’t make you feel like you’re wasting your time. Playing for 8 days straight out of 12 days that it’s been launched should make you feel like you’re wasting your time. (Although I HIGHLY doubt those numbers)

Like others have said, you are farming inefficiently. You don’t go mining for gold in a salt mine and complain to the mining company that you’re not finding any gold.

4 Likes

Your assuming alot there. Sleep is relative, uber eats exists, and if I took 4 weeks off work for a video game you would assume that I would have no problem playing 16 hours a day. In truth it’s probably been close to 20 hours most days

I also love how with playing 20 hours a day constantly, you also found time to spend 7 hours reading the forums and posting multiple topics about your dislike of the game, including this:

9 days ago you were putting in for your refund, but you continued to play 20 hours a day? Cool story bro.

10 Likes

Yes the drop rates are horrendous
And I love it.

8 Likes

Oh look another entitled spoon-fed child who want their game to be mind-numbingly boring.

11 Likes

Most people have more than 1 monitor. I’m sorry your poor

People change their minds. Troll harder bro

2 Likes

A couple of ladders ago I was doing meph runs… Run after run after run… When I was about to give up, I killed meph… Nothing again… so I went and hit up the chest behind him like usual and killed the vampire mages… On the ground drops a Windforce, from a white trash mob. I looked it up, somewhere around 1:12,000,000 chance.

Worth it.

1 Like

That’s what I’m talking about. This is a situation where people THINK they want something but they really don’t. The minute you have every single piece of gear you could want, you don’t turn the game on. It’s boring. Why make that happen for everyone in a week?

The game is about the hunt. You don’t get anything that great every time. In fact, you barely ever do. Good. Cause when you do, it’s worth it. That’s the game.

3 Likes

The hunt doesn’t end just cause you find an item. Once you complete your build, then your farming for better rolls, then perfect rolls. So your argument is completely wrong.

5 Likes

No I meant once you have all the gear you could want (perfect versions of all of it) the game is over. There is no reason to log in.

1 Like

This is absolutely impossible to reasonably do without buying items off a forum. It would take you years of farming and trading to find perfect roll of every single piece of every build for every character.

3 Likes

You have more than one set of hands to reply to 80 posts while constantly farming Mephisto? Did you forget that the math provided ^ assumed constant farming with zero breaks? Has nothing to do with having multiple monitors, it’s the fact that you are active in the forums.

Or perhaps you yourself are admitting to botting?

Also just for the sake of comparison, even if you DID do 2,000 runs on Mephisto at 400% MF, your odds of finding say a SoJ in 1.14 D2 are 1 in 7157. A HoZ off of Mephisto is 1 in 2840. I have no idea what items you were targeting at Mephisto, but 2000 runs was no where near a guarantee of a good drop in D2 LoD. Take off your nostalgia glasses (or glasses tainted by the fact that you probably botted the hell out of D2 like everyone else did) and either enjoy the game for what it is (a near perfect copy of D2) or go away.

4 Likes

Currently, yes. We’re talking about increasing drop rates. Which mean everyone gets increases. Which means it will be much easier to trade for perfect gear. You can’t have your cake and eat it too.

The thrill is in the hunt. Making the hunt a cakewalk defeats the purpose of the game. Anyone that’s had all the gear they want will tell you they don’t have motivation to log back in. Just how it is.

1 Like

Bro if I was botting I wouldn’t be complaining about the loot drops. And if I was willing to bot, then I would just swipe my credit card and buy the items instead. The intelligence level of people in this forum is sad.

6 Likes

Good job ignoring the rest of my post which was completely relevant to the entire topic of you thinking drop rates in D2:R don’t match D2:LoD :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You picked a small handful of items that are ridiculously rare to use to justify your argument. I ignored the rest of your post because your argument is dumb. Shako has a 1:711 drop rate at 400%MF. 2000 runs is plenty of time to drop a Shako. My post wasn’t discussing any single drop item at all. In 2000 Meph runs it would be statistically improbable to have not a single unique/set item drop with a tradable value over Pul. Your trying to strawman an argument using ridiculously rare statistical outlier items.

3 Likes

Okay let’s do the math on a shako. It’s a 1/728 chance to drop (0.00137362637%)
If you ran Mephisto 2000 times your probability of it not dropping is: 1 - (1 - 0.00137362637)^2000 = 0.93601722158321%
It is not a 100% guarantee chance to get a shako even at a 1/728 chance.

Also I’m very curious how you have 400% MF in gear that you’re able to do Mephisto runs in 3 minutes without finding a

:thinking: