Dont make this skills stronger

I see people that want stronger skills. But i think there are skills they have to by bad (dmg) like telekines, frost nova, shok wave and and and… i hope they dont change it. Frost nova is just for slow bosses. Why change it. If they make it stronger its just like a light nova 2.0

Huh we only want trash skills buffed. Many skills become very pointless after mid game.

Are you afraid of something like frost nova sorcs dominating PvM? Which despite the changes I don’t see happening but even if it were the case tf I don’t see the problem.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t care if telekinesis did 0 damage. It would still be an incredible utility skill… Knockback, opening/breaking containers from a distance. I love it. One of the best one point wonder skills in the game.

There should absolutely be skills that cannot be used well for killing, so I agree with that. Telekinesis is not meant to kill. In my opinion, frost nova also is not really meant to kill…debatable, but I mean really it has the utility of being a ring of cold damage. If everything kills, it starts to blur together and things become awkward and boring. With that said, I don’t think they are doing that, nor do I think people are asking for it.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with making terrible skill strong enough to kill on players 1 well. But I am against balancing builds to be able to kill on /p5-8 like hammer or blizz sorc.

What’s wrong with having other characters be able to farm p8 as fast as lit sorc? Not about holy fire or crap like that…

Its making game too easy. No builds should be able to clear game on p8 solo.

2 Likes

But sorc can and so does pala. I would be ok if they couldn’t either tho

1 Like

Thats my point. Nerf what is OP, buff what is terrible, bring everything to same level.

5 Likes

I think it’s preferable when one build works best for x, while another works best for y. So, for example, my frenzy barb is best for Trav runs since the lack of tp only costs 10 seconds on the run and FI is very efficient against a large group of bosses and minions. While the my bliz sorc is best for cows and act boss runs. So it really depends on what I’m farming for.

That said, if a skill sucks for everything, then it needs a buff. Unless it’s really meant for utility or cc instead of damage. There’s a place for skills like that. Frost nova slows/freezes a ton of mobs so it would be OP to give it too much damage. It’s more than possible that Blizzard intends that skill be a cc, while you swap to something else for primary damage.

Obviously any pure damage skill needs to do enough of it to at least be good for certain situations.

So you wanna keep whirlwind (bugged) like it is where it does 0 damage every now&then and the BotD bug where the poison nova on kill is not triggering? Or the bow, sorry Bozozon we currently have who’s a java wannabe in all aspects?

2 Likes

I remember when frost nova was meta. What killed it was not the damage, it was the change to freeze duration. It used to be the opener for nova sorcs. It was a 1 point wonder, but people cast it all the time.

lol yes a self target aoe spell with damage is only for slowing singular boss mobs and that’s all it was ever intended to do.

3 Likes

I am curious why I am the only idiot seeing something like the WW barb with his random 0 dmg or the BotD bug. Or the Bozozon who is utterly useless and a thrash meme wannabe java in all aspects.

i was just commenting on the OPs ridiculous misunderstanding of what the game is/was but i think lots of specs/builds/items need fixes and buffs to bring more specs in parity with the more commonly played things.

1 Like

i see ww bug, but its been talked many times theres videos shown exact problems and stuff. dev’s know this many months now and its probably not that easy to just hotfix. and yes bowazon needs endless gear and still falls short meta builds in story mode. But what does this have to do with original post?

I am joining in "BUFF HAMMERDIN WAYYYYY TO UNDERTUNED BLIZZZZZARD PLSSSSSSS :clown_face: ". Did I do it right?

Jokes on you both bugs excist longer than a decade and a handful people from Path of Diablo (unpaid doing it as a hobby) fixed those things.

ok i found it d2r recently when i tested it. But its shown this post and according to this post this was working in legacy so…

But what does this have to do with original post? go spam on this post for visibility

Cause OP is talking about buffing/nerfing skills, meanwhile there are skills like WW which are unplayable and even a whole build the bow, sorry Bozozon who is literally just a meme. In PoD they fixed that and even made bowzon viable via maps which btw would hit 3 flies at once if blizz would implement them. 1) More builds are viable/useful 2) new endgame content and 3) would stabilise the servers, cause less people would log in/out every second.

1 Like