Don't buy this game yet. It's not out of beta

What a ridiculous comment. Why would you want to create another knowing that one can just be whipped too? Just happened to me. I am loving this game but the thought of just repeatedly loosing progress kills any motivation I have to play or recommend it to others.

I am VV’s reputation as well. Also if Blizz didn’t care at all then they wouldn’t even think of doing what they are alleged to having done. Now don’t get me wrong I cannot say whether they are guilty or not guilty. That is a job not only for the courts but also any higher powers that people that are religious look to. Both of which are beyond the scope of these forums to discuss further.

The laws of the land are only good to keep the ones that want to obey them in check. The ones that don’t care about the laws will disobey the ones that they don’t want to obey.

Now you mentioned something that is already known outside of like you said making another character. But you better be sure not to name them the same as the one with the problem. The character lock situation, from what I have heard is because players actually named two characters the same. I never did that in D2 before D2R, nor will I do that today.

Btw I haven’t had any problems with character lock. Also haven’t had a lot of trouble overall, except a few crashes here and there. Nothing game breaking.

Since I have played enough online only games I know what to expect when it comes to the launch of a game. I know that they will have their own day one issues. From problems with the server such as lag, crashing, etc… Then bugs in the program that will cause problems as well.

I started playing my first online game in 2012 with City of Heroes, about one month after it launched. The only thing that I had a problem with were the bugs in the program. I think they already had ironed out their problems with the servers.

The others like Star Trek Online and Champions Online on their launch day. The same with Secret World Legends (previously The Secret World), Along with a few others that I played that I wasn’t there for the launch day but still no doubt they had their problems.

Trying to find one that is perfect, zero errors on launch is something that you probably won’t find or it will come once in a lifetime.

No more ladder only items or recipes.

oh you sweet summer child. is this your first time playing a game on launch day? cause you sound like it is.

it hasn’t failed. they didn’t have ladders at launch because there was always the possibility that the game would have issues at the start and they want everything stable before they do. they will be coming.

How about today? It’s saturday… when did the game launch again? It ain’t first day chief. I still can’t get into a character… ANY of them…

I am honestly so glad I didn’t take any vacation for Thursday/Friday or I would have been pretty irked too.

Played a few hours today - smooth as butter.

and your just one of the whiny cry babies that can’t handle launch day issues. I DEMAND INSTANT GRATIFICATION!!! :roll_eyes:. thousands can’t play, but 100 times that can. so stop acting like the game is broken garbage just because your launch experience was bad and you don’t understand the potential of launch day issues. un-bunch them panties and wipe the sound out ya crack and you’ll be fine.

and yeah. it could be your fault. or more precisely, your computers fault. this is why people should be posting their issues in the bug thread with their computer specs. it helps the devs locate potential issues in varying systems so they fan fix a wider array of specific problems. what does crying here like a Karen accomplish?

Were literally thousands with the same issue and it hasn’t been addressed by Blizzard at all. People have good reasons to be pissed after spending 40$ and not being able to play at all.

Its a billion dollar company that basically a 20 year old game and they couldnt get it right. They have zero excuses, its a complete lack of professionalism and respect.

3 Likes

you do know that blizzard is just the publisher here and vicarious visions is the developer, right? and vicarious visions has a rep to uphold after their successful crash bandicoot and tony hawk 1&2 remasters.

and i’ll repeat. it’s rather super common for games to have first day issues. especially games with online servers. can people be mad? sure, but it just showcases their lack of understanding of how things work and their lack of patients.

try looking at the blue posts or their twitter for once.
second one down.
“[#D2R] We’re currently looking into issues that prevent some players from seeing existing characters or creating new characters.”

1 Like

Played the beta fine with an i7 990x. Push the play button, get a dark windowed loading screen, then a pop-up error box without any information as to what the problem is. Have not been able to start the game since launch day. Hopefully some of this stuff gets fixed Monday.

hey if you have invented a fool proof way of testing live server stability in a closed environment you could make billions by patenting that and selling to all the game studios.

I had trouble when the game first launched… Couldn’t create a game on bnet.

So rather than coming here and rage posting like many others have done, I just played local single player for an hour on my lunch break, just to check for any changes, performance improvements, etc.

When I got home, I tried bnet again and was able to play for 4 hours straight. I’ve had relatively few issues so far on bnet.

1 Like

I made an edit to the OP:

I want to edit this message and elaborate a bit more: I don’t think the game is a “No buy”, I just think it’s a “Buy when Ladder 1 launches” - The game is based on one of the greatest games of all time, and has only positive improvements to it. The stash system, the click transfer, etc etc etc. All great things. My intention here is to tell people to save their excitement. Save your “day one” excitement for ladder day 1. Ladder day 1 we should expect it to be the experience you were expecting on the 23rd. Bugs fixed, issues resolved, if we’re lucky even QOL edits made to the not-so-great lobby we currently have.

On THAT day? The best possible D2R experience, in my opinion. Save your vacation and excitement for that day. It will be the only ladder that isn’t overrun with bots, and it will be relatively bug-free since we’re currently in the “hash things out” period (GM confirmed this)

I hope your right I pre ordered the game around June So yeah I rather them fix the crashing on launch then they can figure out on adding new stuff like mutiple respecs and fixing Amazons woke look later on. Hopefully it will be fixed by the time its out of the beta but in all honesty I wish the game wasnt released in this state.

1 Like

i was locked out for 12 hours due to an error that my character is in a game when its not… and 10k players are all having this issue… my character was fixed after 12 hours and now im back at the lock out again…

Man i was checking forums because i wanted to make a topic about how broken d2r is but thank you, you already did.

The funny part of all of this is:

This game is still in alpha, there are bugs like the map cant reset clean only if u leave game which we had in alpha already. (One example of many other broken things their which was in alpha present)

I mean, this is right now so ridiculous…

Why we had these Development stages, if we’re keeping these bugs in the final game as well?

Why are we releasing games if we know they are unfinished?

If their management are more and more controlling their developer studios and set the deadlines of their games and the developer losing more their influence on that, you’re going to see they will run in to the wall sooner as they expect it.

In all honesty Im pretty sure they released it early in this broken state was due to the scandals that happened these last couple of months because Im pretty sure it was originally going to be released in December. Dont know why it they thought releasing it this early would help with people forgetting the scandals but atleast according to some of the video reviews Ive seen its a good remaster unlike Warcraft 3.

RE - [Sawyer].
Very Narrow-minded and naive. #1 the game isn’t for ladder only, so that shouldn’t be a deciding factor. #2 Why is it only playable when the ladder is out? Do you not think there might be ladder bugs to work through?

Those bugs will be the only thing on their plate to fix. Basically the game is shot after ladder 1 so it’s really the only chance we have at untarnished D2 before bots get to it. RMT is already rampant and it’s been a couple of days only.

Single player is your own business I guess but no one really cares unless it gets plugy.

Another bug which was in alpha aswell, if you buy merc from nightmare which has holy freeze aura and then u playing hell it has defiance, i mean this was already in alpha too, u guys sell us complete broken stuff and come on activison, new bugs which will be released from a game is understandable, but old existing bugs which was in test stages before…its peanuts…i am pretty sure if they allow us to set up our own client, they gonna see a proper game which they get jealous about it. Blizzard need to get rid of Activision…this is must have.

1 Like

i heard the map bug was in beta too, which kinda further proves the beta test was not for fixing bugs, but for pure marketing

1 Like