Do you think it's possible to design a ploot system to satisfy concerns? How would it work?

Nononono everybody uses jsp if somebody is not so bad with the game as they are. :rofl:

lol says lies yet haven’t argued a damn thing and I have been slapping you with logic. Fun times.

So other than using fallacies like the slippery slope fallacy to state the reason why you are against an optional opt-in system that wouldn’t even affect your own gameplay personally, why are you so adamant against it if there is no hidden agenda?

For the people that don’t get it - General Discussion - Diablo 2 Resurrected Forums (blizzard.com) just send them here to get caught up on what kind of system we are referring to

it will not affect anyone. the same people who use Forum gold. will still be using forum gold.

Are you just arguing in bad faith now or are you not reading what I’m typing?

AGAIN.

I know this is SUPER DIFFICULT, somehow.

But if the ORIGINAL LOOT TABLES drop 8 ITEMS for an 8-PLAYER GAME and you DIVIDE THOSE ITEMS AMONG ALL 8 PLAYERS instead of JUST DROPPING THEM ON THE GROUND FOR ALL 8 PLAYERS TO SEE, you are DECELERATING THE OPPORTUNITY for THOSE INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS to get loot.

GUARANTEEING me to get ONE ITEM is not the same as GIVING ME THE OPPORTUNITY to get ALL EIGHT ITEMS.

1 Like

Yes you have a chance to get all the loot in FFA games, so this doesn’t affect min/max meta. Which is a point of support for ploot. If someone doesn’t like the ploot style, all they have to do is not use it. What’s the problem?

1 Like

why would you be against ffa, if you dont have an agenda to leach?
see how stupid it sound?

1 Like

Can you point me to where he suggested FFA should be done away with?

At this point in time, after several months of explaining the system on these forums, you still haven’t learned that this system is optional and it doesn’t impact your own gameplay whatsoever because you can still choose to play using FFA in games so you don’t need to use the system. I am starting to feel bad about linking this post to all the developers on Twitter.

what??? dont understand this…

So we’re arguing for PLOOT to be implemented as an OPTION for games rather than a replacement of the current system?

1 Like

You said he was against FFA. So where did he say he wanted FFA removed?

i never said this… made up lie agian…

To specify, an example is a 2 second timed personal allocated item loot system that then becomes FFA that you can choose to check a box for an option during game creation.

Yeah just an option for people to play with others who like the mode. It doesn’t affect the game for anyone that doesn’t want to use it. Just an alternative loot distribution system for people who agree to use it. Can already roll on everything right now if people want to. This just streamlines it so that’s feasible to play.

Well if he doesn’t want FFA to be removed, how can he be against it?

Then I have no objection. I was under the impression people wanted to make it standardized for D2. My apologies.

3 Likes

I never said I was against FFA, I said I was for an optional system that would stop the bots/pickit/controller players from stealing the loot in public games.

if he wasent against it. then why would he want a p-loot option?.