Discussion about player killing

Agree.

TP has always been my “F8” skill because I wanted the immediate ability to get out on hostile in HC. I’ve also (as above) PKK’d as well when I had characters that could do it. PK environment (ability to) was still fun in HC imo and Mazi probably would through the mouse when a d/c causes death (or latency).

Edit: And when I don’t feel like dealing with the possibility of “___holes” guess what. I play by myself or jump in game if some friends are online. EZ

In Honor of Max Schaefer…

Lol, i mean that guy had plenty of time to go to town…

I didn’t catch it on the first watch, only 2200 life? You got a PK in with only 2200 life? Those are the PK’ers I want to stalk me…

The Druid PK’er I’ve seen were up over 5K life. At 2200 I’d be sticking around for sure!

The druid in the video is only level 58 (see the beginning) killing a 92 javazone…

That explains the low life…In that case…good kill. bad barb.

I’m talking about hacks, that are still working in games NOW and let people show hostility in an instant and kill u immediatly, without going town. It’s not even 1 second.

If it was fair, i really wouldn’t mind. But it will never be.

“F8 town portal” will never help You in those cases. You won’t have a chance to decide.

“No, this will completely eliminate PK from game. PK is part of game and if you cant deal with people doing PK, Hardcore is really not for you as its part of it and always been.”

-allow me to decide if hc is for me or not. As for the first part, that’s exactly what i wrote and You just proved it with Your words. Most of the people doesn’t want that on hardcore, but still, the hell, Blizzard knows better.

I’ll repeat again:
If it was fair competition, according to the game mechanics, there would be no problem with PKing.
But it never was this way, and it never will be.

Fair PK’s are really rare, and i would really love to witness them from time to time.

i would like to quote some text from one of the main devs of d2 and his opinions about the game.

“Removing the stamina bar and instancing loot are a few things I would love to see.”
David Brevik

so if we are to keep pvp the way 1 founder thinks it should be based on their opinion we should probably make stamnia and loot the way the other thinks it should be.

If there is a new PK hack, I’m not surprised. I haven’t been hit with it yet but I use to say that until I got Trigger hacked by a GA zon.

Whatever the new PKHack is should be reported so they can deal with it. It will make the game more…interesting until it’s gone. The time when I had to worry about trigger hack was more ‘exhilarating’ than since they patched it. I used to not know who to trust and who was going to kill me. Now I know I’ll die to a might/fanat Blood Lord or a double pack of gloams. I don’t even worry about PK’ers anymore. The last rise I got was going after Nith and seeing the Snakes shooting ‘poison’ at me. That kept me on my toes.

Talking like this I know I’m doomed to die tonight!!

Every hostile I have seen so far in D2R doesn’t have a workaround like the original D2 did to do the more BS hostiles. Maybe it does still exist, maybe it doesn’t… but I haven’t seen it yet in D2R just as a FYI.

Pking is very much apart of D2. Taking it out would be like removing invasions in dark souls. It would change the tone and dynamic of the game forever and into something i would probably soon drop.

Basically everything Zax quoted is part of why the game is good.

1 Like

those are optional though… so i guess it wouldn’t be bad to make d2 pvp optional

Yea, if you play offline. You know, kind of like a passworded game in diablo? Don’t want to deal with PK, easy solution.

Easy solution to deal with it, and easy solutions to avoid it. This isn’t Diablo 1.

I used to PK bloody foothills runs all the time as a trapsin. Especially in hardcore. That was before they nerfed traps so you could head back in town and still get the kills. They wouldn’t despawn.

Those were the good old days. Crank Pantera’s f’ing hostile and start going hostile on noobs.

or if you play online with hollow form, as well as having level restriction on pvp

Just about the same thing. You have options. There are ways of preventing pkers from joining your game, making it very optional.

Losing unilateral hostility would hurt the game.

If D4 doesn’t launch with pvp and unilateral hostility its probably an automatic no from me and just about everyone i know.

being in hollow form doesn’t restrict you from getting help from random players in co-op and there is no level restriction on it.

Functionally, its the same thing as a passworded game and any level restrictions associated. Not sure how this is controversial.

PKers are already in effect optional.

I’ve been hostiled by a well known druid in hardcore, who you absolutely should not duel in normal and you absolutely should be in pvp gear. He interrupted me giving newbs a free rush. What did i do? message the newbs with a private game name.

simple. Already optional as it is.

Yes, and the best solution in hc mode is just to play alone, right. Back to the roots. Make private game, have fun alone, gg.

Prevent PK’ers by not playing with anyone. Hell yeah, that’s why we all go online, to have fun with ourselves or to die, cooperating in teams with strangers.

1 Like

You literally can invite people to your private game if they show up and won’t leave. It takes a whole 20 seconds to message the people privately with the game name and rejoin it.