Diablo II: Resurrected Patch 2.4 | Ladder Now Live

Chiming in to share that we deployed a fix for the Character lock & black screen issue. The update should fix all those affected by the bug previously, and prevent future instances of the bug. We’ll keep our eyes on posts across our forums to see if the issue still persists - thank you all for your patience!

13 Likes

Glad to see that one get fixed ASAP. Hopefully it works better than the fix for the non-functional Infinity runeword items did. :slight_smile:

I agree there is zero justification to lock content out of single player. Blizzard just has a burning hate for anyone not playing on battle.net and inflating their precious monthly active users stats -_-

2 Likes

Has anyone else lost their remaining respecs since the patch release?

I keep crashing since patch 2.4. I tried everything i could, really everything .Can someone help me? im crashing every 5min and it made me miss a dclone today, so yeah… help pls haha

my D2R doesnt show the new 2.4 patch, Am i doing something wrong?

The version number shown in the launcher under the play button should be 1.2.68992

1 Like

Incorrect in the live stream they did say not every ladder will have new items/Rune words.

Players are taking what they said out of context. I understand majority of players want new items/RW every ladder. Thats just not the case.

1 Like

bugblo2R…

Why did you delete FHR and FBR ?

I think the FHR demands have become even more awkward thanks to the ever-decreasing 2.4 patch.

rollback 2.3 ver… FHR & FBR

1 Like

waiting for ladder… kinda weird to release patch without ladder a week apart…

regardless…appreciate the maintenance and progress.

1 Like

hopefully to surprise us with some additional changes when ladder release … game lobby

I’m curious about this too. The 2.4 patch notes say “ladder only” for some cube recipes and for some runewords.
That’s BS. For months we were told single player would get everything ladder gets.
I hope this is clarified/fixed.

1 Like

Cool.
Now clarify if there is in fact ladder only stuff, or if single player offline gets the new cube recipes and new rune words. It was said for months that there wouldn’t be “ladder only” stuff anymore; that SP offline people would get the new things.

Also, in case anyone actually reads this…Let’s get stackable gems, runes, and potions in our stash already. If it’s somehow impossible/too difficult, give us infinite stash pages then. Modders added that to D2:LoD years ago, I know it works.

I am looking forward to playing a summon druid and maybe using a non-act 2 merc for once, too.

2 Likes

Amen! I took this for granted in D3. Love the stacked gems and runes. I think that or maybe like challenges to add more stash space. People love to collect and it’s a big part of the game but stash space takes away what you can keep. I’ve thrown away stuff I’d love to hold onto but I can’t because I need to keep the functional gear a priority.

Regardless, kudos to the D2R team and the 2.4 patch. I never thought I would still be playing the game I loved growing up. Now that’s longevity!

1 Like

The area levels are unchanged in classic (non-expansion). Please change them there too.

1 Like
  1. remove the new ludicrous limitation of “Leap now has minimum height and duration”. Why are you deliberately trying to ruin BvC? As if it’s not one of the most demanding/complex PvP builds already…
  2. Please fix the whirlwind bugs - see this great video D2R PvP Glitches - Whirlwind is Broken - YouTube which demonstrates the problems with WW
  3. revert the FHR mechanic to how it was! now it is an inconsistent nonsensual madness!
  4. character inspection
  5. show ilvl on items
  6. hotkey to view the stats of the socketed jewels in items (separated/standalone from the item’s innate stats)
  7. currency tab for stacking runes/gems/jewels/keys/etc
  8. maybe 3 more shared stash tabs and significantly increased character slots per account (if you wish, monetize those features, we’ll gladly pay $$)

Please take special care for PVP. D2 is alive for 22 years mostly because of us PVP players (we are actually your hardcore gamers playerbase with 30++k hours playtime, so please don’t neglect us). Currently PVP is absolutely destroyed in D2R, majorly due to 2 aspects:

(1) With patch 2.4 the FHR mechanic is fundamentally changed, actually it is simplified and, more or less, destroyed… See, we don’t need concepts like “diminishing returns” and “cooldowns” in D2; it’s just not that kind of game! Please revert the FHR as it was! Please see this great video Hit recovery testing on 2.4 (PTR) - YouTube which demonstrates the severe problems with the new FHR concept. What personally pains me is that Leap is now a joke, completely destroys the BvC barbarian PVP build, which was already amongst the more challenging/demanding builds to play anyway. With this new “diminishing returns”/“temporary immunity to FHR” mechanic, now it’ll be very hard to chain-lock, chain-stomp, etc. Duels will last forever (e.g. 70min per duel) because you no longer can do a proper combo (especially as a melee hero) as your opponent will just be able to immediately teleport away all the time… the clear outcome is that PVP becomes less skill-demanding, less exciting, unremarkable and really not fun playstyle; it becomes genereic, like the plenty other modern games. The only way to play PVP will be with a selected few ranged heroes brainlessly shooting spells from 2 screens away (e.g. bone necro, sorcs, bowazons, etc) playing passively. Say goodbye to melee and semi-melee heroes. By introducing this harmful concept of temporary FHR-immunity you basically reduce the complexity of PVP. Sure, this way you make it more accessible to the casual players with slow fingers who lack skills. But let’s acknowledge the fact that those casual players will anyway do a couple of duels, then leave and move on with their lives. So let’s not forget that PVP is actually a game mode destined for the professional, dedicated, hardcore playerbase with superior gaming skills, APM and low reaction time. In the end, it is us PVP players who invested tens of thousands of hours in playing D2 for the past 22 years, hence we basically kept the game alive. Because we’re passionate, because we’re junkies for the dopamine and adrenaline that the outstanding PVP rhythm in D2 gives us. Unfortunately this excitement will now come to an end if you really choose to simplify and dumb-down this important FHR mechanic. Please respect your hardcore professional gamers and please take care of our PVP scene. Let me tell you now that the new temporary FHR-immunity mechanic (and similar concepts like diminishing returns or cooldowns) is outrageous, has no place in our beloved oldschool D2, and will be the end of our exciting D2 PVP gaming. It’ll be a shame…

(2) With the recent significant damage buffs to certain skills, I see mainly 3 heroes which would be totally Overpowered in PVP: bone necromancer (bone spirit/bone spear), bowazon (guided arrow/multishot), fist of heavens paladin (in particular the so-called V/T hybrid - fister/smiter/charger). (ah, not to mention AFK auradins) The significant buffs to those skills will practically render all other characters/builds useless and obsolete.
To properly balance PVP, just add additional koefficient with which to appropriately divide the damage of the tremendously overpowered skills like bone spear/bone spirit/guided arrow/fist of heavens, etc. You know, like the already existing static damage penalty for PVP (was it 6 times less damage?). The new concept should be skill-based, so every skill that needs further damage tuning for PVP will be done with its own value/weight, e.g. 0.75x(bone spirit dmg) and 0.85x(bone spear dmg), etc.
This way bone spear/spirit can have high damage in PVM, because bone necro really struggles in PVM starting from like /players 4 and above. Yet, it won’t be overpowered in PVP due to the special penalty with a dedicated koefficient.

4 Likes

Dear Blizzard, please extra ignore pvp.
It was the playfield of dupers with cheat items for 22 years. Luckily, the devs do not care about pvp. It is dead. Do not ride a dead horse.

Inspection is not required at all. Not at least.

3 Likes

As much as it pains me to say this but Ladder needs to be delayed indefinitely until server stability issues are resolved. They were a major issue back when this game launched and persist to this day. I myself have had issues with lag/server stability since 2.4 dropped(didn’t have that prior to it) and that’s despite having the latest and greatest modem hardware from my ISP. Good luck playing Ladder when you drop 5 minutes(or less) into your game only for the client to sometimes crash as a result of trying rejoin to continue. Either Softcore or Hardcore would be unplayable under that scenario(especially HC given that you only have 1 life…). Tack on the FHR changes that destroyed PvP and D2R is frankly in an existential crisis.

TLDR: Delay Ladder and fix the bloody servers already. Roll back your FHR changes while you’re at it since PvP is the lifeblood of the Softcore Economy.

2 Likes

DH - which realm are you playing? I’m using Americas and haven’t had a server issue yet since 2.4 launched? Of course, my computers are ancient potatoes, and I’ve read often that D2R plays better on them than on more modern machines.