Diablo II: Resurrected Patch 2.4 | Ladder Now Live

Can you test if this lag happens in your own games? Or does it only happen in games with higher ping? (type /fps to see ping)

For me, I can play on 200 ping and I don’t get any desync or ping spikes. I just have a slight MS delay.

I play on Americas like you and for roughly a 5 day stretch, I had nothing but lag/desync issues with the server. Normally my ping ranges anywhere from 30-60 but during that 5 day stretch, it would routinely shoot into the stratosphere(600, if not 1k). They just did Server Maintenance this morning and now I haven’t had any issues after having done a few Countess/Pit runs. Not sure about others who were in my situation posting in Bug/Tech Support but I would hope/assume the Maintenance cleared the problem people were having.

That being said, there’s still reason to delay Ladder. FHR change should be reverted back along with them overhauling the broken Lobby and Communication system this game presently has.

@Nickie It looks to have been cleared up but how long that will last who knows.

2 Likes

Ladder delay because of a pvp issue???
You serious?

2.4 PvP is not in a good place. Please revert stun/fhr changes. Keep PvM and PvP separate. Thank you

2 Likes

revert fhr changes game is trash now

1 Like

Maybe an arena area where the old rules work and everywhere else the new ones?

I mean, I like the idea that they’re trying to improve the combat system, but it’s like the story of the Tibetan Monks: 2 steps forward, 1 step back… :confused:

Yes I’m serious. I primarily, if not exclusively, play PvM but I realize how big and important PvP is to D2. Softcore wouldn’t be Softcore without it and they brought up their concerns during PTR to no avail. There’s also the in-game lobby/communication system that is an ungodly disgrace for a modern title. For a new Ladder to operate well, the in-game lobby has to work better than what it is and communicating with others is a work-in-progress to put it tactfully.

1 Like

I’m starting to think that we should look at “D2R Launch” as the real BETA test, and the first ladder season as a throw-away - more like the actual initial (buggy) launch that Blizz is famous for.

So, I’m not sure we should delay it, necessarily, but we definitely should lower our expectations whilst playing through… :confused:

this is nonsense. everything works stably for me, I won’t say that I have a powerful computer. Internet I have fiber optic. the game never crashed. There is no need to generalize your individual problems for show and pass them off as global problems. such cases are rare. Ladder must come out on time. And this is good.

1 Like

about those whiners who whine about pvp. there are not so many of you, no need to lie that it is only because of you that the game is kept. Blizzard has statistics and it says the opposite, that there are no more people in the pvp mode than there are players involved in the game of pve. No need to be a selfish idiot and try to put your ambitions on display and require Blizzard to follow them.

I said not even a few posts later that server maintenance seemed to resolve my desync issues. That said that’s just for me and may not be the case for others who were having server/desync problems and disregarding people’s concerns, or issues is a pretty shallow and snobby/selfish stance to take. I respect the desire for Ladder to arrive asap, but this game is far from being ready for a Ladder season. Heck I’d argue this game never should have been launched back in September given some of the issues that are plaguing this game right now. 2.4 introduced a new bug in Forgotten Tower that causes the game client to crash and I’m not the only one to get snagged by it(may be a semi-rare bug but its still a bug that needs squashing). Lobby and Chat are still an utter disaster for a modern title and the FHR change to PvP has completely uprooted existing PvP counters/balance.

I do have a question to pose to you and anyone who feels PvP is irrelevant: Why do you play Sofrcore? If its for PvM, why not Hardcore? You can’t duel on Hardcore because all you have is 1 life and while there are people who go around trying to PK, the general philosophy that I’ve observed over the years is that people who enjoy PvM play Hardcore and those who PvP play Softcore. It doesn’t mean PvM players can’t play Softcore too but the only game mode where PvP is even viable is on Softcore. Completely disregarding the concerns of PvP players is not only unwise but would severely hamper the Softcore Economy. Jewels, Charms, and the quest for perfect gear would be an afterthought if not for PvP(where every point of life, every point of damage matters).

And so what if PvP playerbase is indeed far smaller than those who play PvM? PvP players paid $40 just like PvM players did so belittling them when they have a genuine grievance is rather imprudent.

How can I know I am actually running on Patch 2.4??? The Version I am running is 1.2.68992

You’re good. But if you want to go for shure, pick a skill that has obvious changes like Barbarians Throw mastery, whit the replenishing quantity stuff in the skill description.

1 Like

I’m now running 1.2.69270 - since my D2R client just updated a rather quick patch. Can’t find any details about what was in the update, tho…

Yes. I agree as well yo this.
Please, make these modifications

2 Likes

It’s part of the game. You have a bad experience because when you tryed you bad mannered people and nuts.

It is so much fun to build and trade a strong character for duels especially LLD !

Please no queues at ladder launch !

1 Like

please FIX EU servers , they are unplayable atm !

1 Like

The game doesnt even launch.
You get past the login queue and its freezes and insta crashes.
Reinstalling didnt help.
This is a 20+ year old game and it didn’t have a ladder on launch and then when you try to login to play, the game crashes relentlessly the launcher scan/repair tool does nothing and uninstalling and reinstalling does nothing.

6months into the life cycle of the game only now releasing the first season and it doesn’t even let you login. Typical Blizzard fare tbh.

1 Like

Are Blizzard even aware EU is not working ?

1 Like