Diablo II: Resurrected Patch 2.4 Balance PTR

Never saw such a number but even if this number is just 40 vs a druid with either 5 sw or 3 dw or 1 bear, there is no comparison by any mean. If this wont change, i personally pref the PD2 over this game.

Let’s see no. There’s a character limit and barely any stashes. Go feed that bull**** to someone else.

1 Like

I’m hoping a few existing runewords that relate to class characters would be improved as well. Here’s kind of what I was hoping for:

Bone
3os Body Armor
Sol Um Um
15% Chance To Cast level 10 Bone Armor When Struck
15% Chance To Cast level 10 Bone Spear On Striking
+2 To Necromancer Skill Levels
+10-20% Faster Cast Rate
+100-150 To Mana (varies)
All Resistances +30
Damage Reduced By 7
Counts as a piece of the Trang-ouls Avatar Set

Enlightenment:
3os Body Armor
Pul + Ral + Sol
5% Chance To Cast Level 15 Blaze When Struck
5% Chance To Cast level 15 Fire Ball On Striking
+2 To Sorceress Skill Levels
+10-20% Faster Cast Rate
+1 To Warmth
+30% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +30%
Damage Reduced By 7
Counts as a piece of the Tal-Rasha’s Wrapping set

Myth
3os Body Armor
Hel + Amn + Nef
3% Chance To Cast Level 1 Howl When Struck
10% Chance To Cast Level 1 Taunt On Striking
+2 To Barbarian Skill Levels
Damage Reduced by 5-10%
+30 Defense Vs. Missile
Replenish Life +10
Attacker Takes Damage of 14
Requirements -15%
Counts as a piece of the Immortal King set

Peace
3os Body Armor
Shael + Thul + Amn
4% Chance To Cast Level 5 Slow Missiles When Struck
2% Chance To Cast level 15 Valkyrie On Striking
+2 To Amazon Skill Levels
+20-30% Faster Run Walk
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
+2 To Critical Strike
Cold Resist +30%
Attacker Takes Damage of 14
Counts as a piece of Mavina’s Embrace Set

Principle
3os Body Armor
Ral + Gul + Eld
100% Chance To Cast Level 5 Holy Bolt On Striking
+2 To Paladin Skill Levels
+35-75 Mana
+50% Damage to Undead
+100-150 To Life (varies)
15% Slower Stamina Drain
+5% To Maximum Poison Resist
Fire Resist +30%
Counts as a piece of Griswold’s Legacy set

Rain
3os Body Armor
Ort + Mal + Ith
5% Chance To Cast Level 15 Cyclone Armor When Struck
5% Chance To Cast Level 15 Twister On Striking
+2 To Druid Skills
10-15% Enemy Fire Resistance
or
10-15% Enemy Poison Resistance
+100-150 To Mana (varies)
Lightning Resist +30%
Magic Damage Reduced By 7
15% Damage Taken Goes to Mana
Counts as a piece of the Aldur’s Advance set

Treachery
3os Body Armor
Shael + Thul + Lem
5% Chance To Cast Level 15 Fade When Struck
25% Chance To Cast level 15 Venom On Striking
+2 To Assassin Skills
+45% Increased Attack Speed
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
Cold Resist +30%
50% Extra Gold From Monsters
Counts as a piece of Natalya’s Odium

1 Like

Hah, Balance thats a funny word.

Why is warcry still blockable as a spell? how about we balance that and not its damage that 30% increase wont fix LOL so instead of doing 2k we now do 2.6k, 600 damage difference lol now it can kill baal in 10 minutes instead of 12 minutes Whew thank goodness i was about to be worried. LOL

1 Like

maybe if you can multibox and get buffed in town… fast

i mean it has been like this
for what 20 years :zzz:

1 Like

You used to have unlimited mules by creating extra accounts.

3 Likes

Why do you hate Barbarian?

2 Likes

i really think that was not attended either
it was there
how many games had that
they maybe had more stash space but not were you could make as many xtra accounts as you would like

Werewolves getting absolutely screwed by this. Entire BiS armor sets are being upended by the AS normalizations. And anything that causes people to experience Act 3 even longer is a very, very bad idea.

This is the truth. Feedback is what the PTR is for. Things can and will change but you have to give them the feedback to think about if you 're disappointed or think they overlooked something.

And I love the change. It always annoyed me ppl skipped A3 in open games walkthroughs. If everybody hates walking acts, blizz should make “adventure mode” as in D3.

3 Likes

Actually, can you let Iron Wolves actually block with their shields?

2 Likes

not 100% sure but i think you could not

Werewolves are dealing more damage with fewer synergies & can cast a bunch of stuff while transformed. Not clear how they are getting screwed.

3 Likes

They skip it because they can. If they could skip A2 they would.

QQ

6 Likes

While I am not exactly blown away, I’m still pretty happy with these patch notes. I think it’ll shake up the spread of secondary characters a bit, I don’t feel it will exactly be enough to curb the massive opening meta of Sorc at ladder start, building to Hammerdin or Infinity.

Missed opportunities:
Guided Arrow: Rather than buffing Magic Arrow, why not give GA a synergy with it for magic damage. Also, would love to see Pierce come back with it, just restrict the pierce vs Player Targets and their pets/mercs so it doesn’t get OP during PvP.
Multiarrow: There is literally no reason to put many hard points into this for end game. No damage scaling, still has a 25% dmg penalty, no synergies.

Barb: Really drew the short straw here. Good QoL on duration buffs, tooltips, pierce to throwing mastery, leap speed, frenzy duration increase synergy. However, nothing to improve Whirlwind or Double Swing which are the Barb’s primary AOE attacks.

Sorc: Would have liked to see either removal of cast delay to Frozen Orb, or at least a synergy increase to pull it slightly closer to Blizzard.

Insight adding bow/crossbow: Sounds good, but if I’m a Sorc, why would I want to give up a tank to have a ranged when I’m already ranged. Should be added to Two Handed Swords for Act 5 Merc Viability.

Everything else looks really good. Slightly confusing on the Druid Spirits getting this massive nerf in NM, seems like there could be a better compromise on damage reduction spread between difficulties. No word on DClone spawn update is a downer.

They keep mentioning higher scaling at higher levels, but don’t explain what exactly they mean: Higher level scaling as in above level 20 (ie with +to skills) or level 10, level 15?

1 Like

Citation needed. Mr Llama SC doesn’t seem to even agree with all the changes from his latest stream.

Basically the werewolf is a unique melee class in that it ONLY receives increased attack speed from 2 primary sources. Its weapon IAS and the werewolf skill itself. Took a lot of theorycrafting to choose your weapon and what to socket it with. You build your entire (rather expensive) armor set around it. Now it has been dumbed down to be the exact same as every other melee class

Changed how attack speed is determined while transformed as a Werewolf. Attack speeds while transformed should match attack speeds while untransformed (enhanced by the Werewolf’s increased attack speed).

This screws werewolf mains over. Now they have to change pretty much every item they use because the “BIS” items from before are no longer BIS

i’m really pleasantly shocked and happy with 95% of these changes. great job d2r team! change when done well is good and this looks like a wonderful direction. (some highlights i noticed: naj set viable for early mf yes!, barb merc cast battle cry yes!, too many others to name).

my critiques are:

still disappointed with physical bowzon. i hope you will take a hard look at the issue with bowzon. vs. other attacking builds. melee gets grief for one hander, and eth bases for botd and other eth uniques and rares for insane two hand dmg. this puts bowzon in a hole and i dont know how to fix it. bows can’t drop ethereal and there is no grief for bows. I understand in pvp bowzon with guided can be formidable but its still really lacking as an end game pvm class on even “good” gear. basically almost 100% requires WF or faith to be useful. and even then the build struggles to max resists, get any decent mf, and has low life and no DR… i guess we’ll see if the increases to skill tree skills are enough (i dont think so, but ok will try)

thunderstorm - why not reduce cooldown between hits?

immolation arrow - same why not reduce cooldown? i guess will have to see it played to know.

edit: adding this:

how could i forget, the MERCENARY AI is soooo embarassnig :frowning: them getting stuck almost next to me around a corner or a wall or something, and the monster on my other side, and having to walk one way or another far just to drag him. then he overcompensates and walks right past the monster. like, thank you for improving the offscreen merc tele to you thingy. but the AI is still just bad. and i know its not your fault, new team LOL. but please its so bad!

2 Likes