Diablo II: Resurrected Patch 2.4 Balance PTR

Enchant will be very useful for melee characters.

I was talking about how the guy thought it was OP. It will be a trade off vs having melee auras from a2 mercs.

Or summoners :smiley: Guess the iron wolf would be quite busy on a skele necro :rofl:

i wouldnt say op. it will mainly be there for ar, not damage. the fire damage is neglectable. ar bonus at level 20 is +191%, fire damage 84-110. with items you might get it higher (until now most skills go to level 17, with +3 diadem, +3 sword (was it hexfire?) and +2 spirit it might be at around level 25. so in ar terms act 1 merc still is better for normal monsters

well depends on the fire mastery. do iron wolfs got it?

we don’t know. i will datamine it once we can download it. theoretically hirelings have 6 slots for skills in hirelings.txt if they don’t they might get damage problems…just a reminder, right now lvl 98 fire does 450 damage. even a buff by 20 levels only raises the damage to 850

With fire mastery around 20 on full sceleton army with lower resist curse :thinking:

without warmth synergy its still weak. 180 - 235 with both at level 20

1 Like

i straight up cannot believe you went through the effort of making a cool runeword like plague and basically locked the classes that need it out of using it. assassin needs to be able to put that in a claw and necro needs to be able to put that in a dagger. just change it to any melee weapon christ.

4 Likes

So this is an inconsequential request but would you consider making the Rogue Encampment firepit ignite when telekinesis is cast on it? It has a cycle of being alight or smouldering.

Sometimes when I want a break I just leave my character chill by the firepit and alt-tab to do something else while listening to the fire crackle, it’s kinda relaxing but the fire goes out. If I could reignite it, that’d be super. :pleading_face:

1 Like

@Blizzard Entertainment:

YOU DO REALIZE THAT EVERYONE SKIPS ACT 3 BECAUSE NO ONE WANTS TO EXPERIENCE THAT CONTENT RIGHT??? WTF.

6 Likes

Any chance of getting guided arrow to pierce again? At least up to a maximum # of times? I really miss that from 1.09.

Infinite arrows / bolts, and even throwing weapons (javs, axes, etc) would be nice, too. Running out of ammo and needing to run back to town adds more annoyance than depth.

12 Likes

Very disappointed in the Frenzy changes. There still just isn’t enough benefit to increased stamina. A3 compelling orb being mandatory is also tedious and unwanted. Bowzon looks interesting and the merc changes will be interesting to play around with. You guys can do better with Frenzy.

3 Likes

am i the only one that likes it? i mean by skipping that act we miss out on 20% of the game

3 Likes

Unfortunately without more character slots , stacking items , more stash spaces, and even a CHARM inventory for your character (basically inventory space dedicated to charms only) I don’t see myself being too excited.

What’s the point of adding more stuff when you have no space and carrying an entire inventory of charms isn’t fun.

2 Likes

The act is still gonna be skipped just like every other act though. It just makes rushing take a little longer.

you mean by that option the devs probably forgot to consider? imm not mentioning it on purpose :smiling_imp:

1 Like

A dedicated summoner necromancer can have over 100 summons.

Over 100.

diablo2
believe it or not is not about keeping every item in the game
sometimes you have to decide do i keep it or not

i think that is a great thing

1 Like

Isn’t even close to OP.
Necro has 30 minions, corpse explosion, the best skill in the game, can summon a golem from an item and keep the item benefits (aura), AD curse as well.
Was so excited for the patch announcement but when saw that druid can still summon 5 wolves OR 3 wolves OR 1 bear, i am just disappointed yet again.
Count that ravens now will hit 5 times so we will stop moving every 2 seconds to cast and cast again and again for ravens.

All i see is that ppl will just go to PD2 yet again. Sad

4 Likes