Diablo II: Resurrected Ladder Season 8 Coming Soon

I still want to know why 5 people would have liked the opening post. Did they actually get 5 people from the office to log on the forums?

1 Like

Uh oh, I’ve been caught red handed. :flushed: I mean no, me? Definitely not a Blizz employee, pshaw.

No, I just appreciate the iota of work put in to fix one or two actual gameplay bugs, that’s all. Much better than “patch” 2.7.3.

So basically the update is… Whose bot will reach the top of the leaderboard just like last season, so keep playing offline mode if you even care to consider playing this ever again. Thanks Blizzard, you’re the best.

i really don’t understand this mentality, they didn’t change the game for years and most people understood, you play it if you like it or you don’t, nothing is changing.

d2:R started with a few changes here and there, but since then, the team that did anythong on d2:r was dissolved, what do you really think is going to happen at this point, common people.

HAVE SOME COMMON SENSE. head in the clouds syndrome? i don’t know.

From there we’ll see what the community wants. We don’t really make a boxed product anymore, where we give it to you and we’re done with it.
It’s a live game, a live service.
We’ll continue to have that relationship between us and the community as they start playing it

3 Likes

That’s D3 game design tbh. If you look at D3 builds, they’re all named after the gear set they’re using. That’s the only way modern blizzard knows how to design jobs now.

3 Likes

Bruh my eyes…
Why qould you ever fight a monster with level 40 when you have lvl 90??? At level 90 you have enough defense to handle it anyway. Through like 99% of the game you fight against monsters with higher level. This change has no downsides.

My point was that if you remove the Monster Level/Character Level variable from Chance to Hit formula, your advantage on level is thereby removed. The only parameter is their Attack Rating vs. your Defense Rating. Meaning their chance to hit you is significantly higher than it would have been with the Monster Level/Character level variable in place.

Not that you would fight monsters 50 levels below you. I was just merely making a point that level difference would mean nothing anymore. Meaning Ubers and their 10+ level difference over us would mean nothing too(hence they’d be way easier as a result).

Yeah I remember them saying this, but they had a tough decision on who to listen to. As we all know, there are two primary player camps, those who want a ton of changes, and those who don’t, and of course the gradient of everyone else in between.

They also mention the game being a remaster of the original.

So what do they do? Keep the game as true to a remaster as they can? Or slowly morph the game into more of a remake?

Personally I’m OK with quality of life additions and bug fixing. I’m OK with item/skill/class balancing as well, as long as extreme caution is taken to ensure a tight lid is kept on power creep. I don’t want what happened to Diablo 3 happening all over again.

As far as the pro-change crowd, the only way I can see to please them is by the release of a paid expansion that includes a new act, class, other pro-change requests, etc. And just like LoD is to classic D2, the gameplay would need to be kept separate.

if i wanted no changes i would still play LoD (which still runs perfectly btw)

nothing wrong with having item-enabled-builds, and we already have that in d2.
for example: Chaos claw enables the ww-sin, Passion enables the zeal-sorc …

and there could be other builds enabled (by tweaking some items that already exist) that would make the game more fun (the +hydra on dragonscale for example)

Don’t disagree. But item-defined builds are much more prevalent in newer blizzard stuff for sure.

Sadly it’s pretty similar in D2 too. Most of the builds could be called Enigma-Sunder-Infinity build. Without specific endgame items there’s like 1 build per class to play. Not much variety.

Example: You’re doing fine as fire druid from level 1 but suddenly it becomes unplayable in Hell.

Immunities are unfair. They limit builds variety in early stage and made people skip mobs instead of fighting them but casters dominate anyway. They need rework or remove them from white mobs.

If the game would become too easy without immunities then nerf those builds damage. Fully geared they’re doing p8 solo which is already broken.

Nerf teleport, static field to stop Sorc being the only starter. Every Necro build uses Corpse Explosion for most damage, nerf this skill.

Buff physical melee and bow builds. Barb, shapeshifter druid, bow amazon played from scratch are just bad.

Yeah it’s a lot of work to actually balance D2…

2 Likes

Teleport isn’t the only reason Sorc is a great starter, as telekinesis is awesomesauce for popping containers from a distance. Just keep a healthy compliment of keys.

yeah right , that’s why everyone is playing sorc, because of telekinesis :rofl:

bro, if you were to completely remove teleport from the game i bet noone would play sorc as first char anymore.

1 Like

Way to take what I said out of context.

I’m actually in favor of slowing down teleport, that way it can’t be used as continuous method of travel, skipping through the game worry free. I feel that doubling the cost of each successive teleport, then requiring a cooldown period of not casting teleport to reset the mana cost would be sufficient. It’d introduce the risk of running out of mana at unlucky times, such as teleporting on top of a deadly pack of Fanaticized/Might Moon Lords and being unable to teleport again. It’d also give more incentive for the Sorceress to invest more than just 1 point into Teleport.

As far as the cooldown length for teleport to reset back to the base mana cost, 1 second for the first teleport, and an additional .5 seconds for each subsequent teleport. So for example, if you are able to teleport 7 times before the mana cost is too great to cast again, you’ll have to wait 4 seconds to reset Teleport to the base mana cost.

But we all know this won’t ever happen, because it works against the botters agenda. And we all know how many different voices err accounts the botters have.

But those items are pretty generic so they’re not build-defining items. They’re just really strong all-around “generically good” items. It’s different from Mosaic which is one item that basically defines one specific build and doesn’t really do anything else. Just like in D3 if you build, say, a Roland crusader, it’s gonna be a sweep attack build because it’s a set made to enable that specific build. That “laser focus: item X enables specific playstyle X” is a pretty modern blizzard thing. Even Enigma is a fairly recent thing as far as D2 is concerned.

1 Like

Depends…

Blizzard+CM+Static is still very strong combo even w/o Tely.

If they replace Tely by eg. Ball Lightning skill or Light Ench and… at the same time buff some skills like Fire Wall (dmg&stackig), Hydras(FBolt syn 9%), Meteor (half impact time & phys dmg), Frozen0rb (0.5CD, FBolt 8%, distance by 50%) and especialy ES as perm 1:1 w/o Telek syn I think Sorc would still be most popular char.

Interesting would be if they give Teleport for all for free like they did with Christmas event :>

It’s true they are different than Mosaic which changes how the skill works itself but for me items like Sunder Charm or Dream runeword are build enablers. Nobody played pure fire builds in Hell before Sunder Charm. I often saw people state “I got Death’s Web, I can finally make a Poison Necro” or similar things with Griffon’s Eye. Reducing enemy resistances became as mandatory as cooldown reduction in D3 with its 2 minute cd skills.

Hmm, so basically you could have just let season 7 continue, then I wouldn’t have to collect everything all over again.

Thought there would be something added, like some nice rune words, also with low and medium range like patter, which is actually quite nice.
Or you could expand a few classes, take out synergies, make things like thunderstorm more useful and just let the gamers fiddle around a bit and look forward to new rune words.

Now we have a few bugfixes and well… it’s 99.99% the same as it is now, only my stuff is just nl and I can give it away.

1 Like

I really wished they’d thrown out the d3 ideas and went back to the roots of the series…. But they doubled down on it in D4. Really unfortunate.

2 Likes