Diablo II: Resurrected Ladder Season 8 Coming Soon

On friday? :confused:
Doesn’t the season always start on thursday? :smiling_face_with_tear:

I would just love to finally have an option to copy my non ladder characters to offline. Even auto delete them off non ladder once copy was successful.

Idk how, maybe request my characters files and send them to my email so I can copy it into offline. I only play hardcore (for like the past 20 years only hardcore) and after a really really good season I just can’t bring myself to delete them. So that takes up space in my “online” characters pool. I do play offline as well so let me archive them in offline. Maybe they will eventually rip there in offline but if I didn’t rip them in season I just don’t want to delete them when they have great gear.

Not a single ladder had the same duration as the others… this is truly abysmal even for blizzard.
D2 people aren’t playing your crappy D4, there’s no reason why the ladder start can’t overlap.
Stop making ladder for bots only.

2 Likes

tcp ip will fix the issue sadly blizzard lie too us and hold you prisoners on bnet

1 Like

updated as in change status from “unread” to “read”

They simply can’t manage 90% of reports that been made cause of PK’ing.

Ah, yes, you have the answer before it’s even given a chance. K

Take how player reporting has been working so far… It hasn’t been. So with news that player reporting has been “updated”, the logical reasoning of any update to player reporting is for it to now work.

They need to really update this so I have something to do when the WoW expansion needs 24 hr maintenance for the plethora of bugs coming.

50 comments and only 5 likes. :joy:

1 Like

Nothing significant as always.

1 Like

I mean the bug fixes are cool, but very assassin centric. I was hoping for something like deletion of mosaic…

Or maybe a buff to existing uniques.

Or maybe buffing zeal by 5% per 5 points.

Or even adding new uniques. It’s possible because mods do it, so don’t think it’s not.

Or adding a lootfilter.

Or allowing mods to change more information in the database than currently.

Or making the small but significant change of… MOVING CAIN TO THE STASH IN ACT 5.

2 Likes

Make sure to pre order the new Diablo 4 expansion pack guys ! -_-

If they also updated some unique items to make them more useable like Corpsemourn for example… i mean wtf is that armor even? for WHO? and add so rare armors would spawn with tab skills and class skills,ias and fcr so that you felt like picking up rare armors again over stealth RW i would not complain. But this is pure nonsense again.

Mosiac is a broken mess instead the skill ITSELF should be fixed, and Metamorphosis is also the most dumb junk i’ve ever seen added into a game where again UNIQUE ITEMS BECOME OBSELETE… makes sense… all of this…

PS: Why does the Bow amazon still do a whole like 3k-4k damage with very strong gear? Multishot freezing arrow an idea? up the Fireskill and coldskill damage of the amazon in general like hello blizzard are you sleeping? do you play your own games perhaps?? no? that character is botched as hell on higher player count.

Blizzard can you please confirm the date is no typo?

Hello Blizzard,

Here i leave the changelog for the season 9, make it possible please (much of these changes are very easy to implement).

You could even charge to have access to season ladder, this way you get some money to mantain the game and servers. I think a large amount of players would pay a little (like 5-10€ per season) to keep playing with some updates.

If you do not want to mantain the game, then liberate the code and let people continue this awesome game.

The changelog:

Adjust Melee Characters

• Remove the level difference factor from the attack rating formula. This mechanic prevents players from hitting higher-level enemies, even with a good attack rating, which feels very frustrating.

• Increase the base damage of all weapons. Melee characters deal absurdly low damage, and since patch 1.10, melee builds have been unviable for completing the game unless you have very powerful items like Grief. A good way to adjust the base damage of weapons would be to add scaling based on attributes like Strength or Dexterity (similar to the Dark Souls series). This would not only improve damage significantly (which is very necessary), but it would also give more purpose to Strength (which is typically only increased to meet equipment requirements) or Dexterity (which is mainly used in some builds to increase shield block chance). Ideally, weapons with normal range would have low scaling, exceptional weapons would have medium scaling, and elite weapons would have high scaling. This change would not only greatly improve melee characters’ damage but also serve as a small nerf to Grief. Although Grief would still be very powerful, other runewords like Last Wish or Breath of the Dying would see more use. Specific weapons like Assassin boots or the Paladin shield should also have their own scaling.

Martial Arts Assassin Rework

• Change all charge-up skills to buffs, similar to how Fade or Burst of Speed work. Limit the total to 3 Martial Arts buffs (Burst of Speed and Fade would not count towards this limit). Each time you attack or use a finishing move, there’s a chance to trigger a charge. For example, if Claws of Thunder is active, you would have a 14% chance to release the level 3 charge, a 28% chance to release the level 2 charge, and a 56% chance to release the level 1 charge. This would apply to each active skill (up to a total of 3). The attack rating of the active skills would be added to the Assassin’s attack or finishing move. If a level 3 charge is triggered, lower-level charges of the same skill would not trigger (but charges from other skills could).

• Remove the 100% hit chance when charges are active. Since this is a melee build, the attack rating should apply just like with other builds.

• Limit Dragon Talon to two charge activations, one on the first kick and one on the last.

• Phoenix Strike would require multiple applications depending on the charge version you want to trigger (fire, cold, or lightning). The probability of triggering the desired charge would be 28%.

• Mosaic would increase the probability of releasing the third charge, boosting the third charge by 14% and reducing the probability of the first charge by 14%. This would stack with a second Mosaic.

Miscellaneous:

• Add some physical/magic damage reduction to medium and heavy armors. Also, add an indicator that they penalize movement speed. These armors are rarely used because they slow movement speed and provide little defense. Giving them some interesting properties could make them more usable.

• Substantially nerf the Spirit Shield. It makes no sense that such a basic runeword is the best shield in the game by far, rendering other shields useless. Reducing it to +1 to skill levels, 10-15% faster cast rate, and 10-15% to all resistances would still make it one of the best shields available. Perhaps a new runeword with Spirit Shield’s stats could be added in the future, but with high runes.

• Nerf Enigma by removing the Teleport skill from the armor. This runeword is practically indispensable for all builds; not only is it possibly the best armor in the game, but it also grants the best skill in the game. The Teleport skill could instead be added directly to the Torch.

• Add the Teleport skill to the Hellfire Torch.

• Add stacking for gems, runes, and Uber keys.

• Change the logic of defense while running. Instead of reducing defense to 0 when running, reduce it by a percentage (e.g., 50%). This primarily affects melee characters and is quite unreasonable.

1 Like

Stopped reading after this nonsense.

Yeah melee chars are slower in PvM, but you can easily finish the game without OP weapons and rune words.

Don’t make up false information because it weakens the argument you want to make.

3 Likes

Removing Character Level from the Hit Chance equation works both ways. Namely while it would help the player in hitting opponents, it conversely would help Monsters in hitting you since they use the same formula. Meaning even if you were a level 90 Character, a level 40 Monster would have nearly the same chance at hitting you as one that is level 90(only difference being their Attack Rating). Granted that’s largely moot given that Defense drops while running and hence all but guarantee’s they hit you.

A whole thread is dedicated towards updating various aspects of the game(not hard to find) and within it is buffing base damage of Melee Weapons. We do differentiate based on tier and we do give a slight buff with respect to Strength to 2-H Weapon setups.

When it comes to Martial Arts Skills, honestly, I wish they’d revert it back to how it was back in the day. Use Charge up Skills to acquire charges(keep their current Attack Rating so you can reliably charge up) and then finishing moves to release them all at once. Obviously a certain runeword would have to be overhauled such as removing the not consume charge mechanic and instead change it to 50% chance to consume 1 charge on Finisher moves. Dual Mosaic would allow you to use Finishing moves more often but you will run out of charges eventually. This requires that you recharge compared to what we have now with charge up and forget in a densely populated area.

Damage mitigation already exists on Medium/Heavy Armor btw. It’s a hidden mechanic but you get 3 PDR for Medium Armor and 5 PDR for Heavy Armor. In the overhaul/update thread, we’ve recommended it be buffed a tad or 1/3/5(Normal/Exceptional/Elite) for Medium Armor/Shields and 2/6/10 for Heavy Armor/Shields. We differentiate by tier and reward you for using higher tier Armor.

As for nerfing runewords and remaining topics, again see the thread with nearly 2k replies.

This isn’t true unfortunately, armor.txt did have an “absorbs” column in patch 1.09 that specified an amount of damage to be absorbed (PDR), but it was unused even then and it was later removed from armor.txt altogether, probably in 1.10.

I just tested it in 1.13 to be sure, wore a plate mail and let a normal devilkin (2-5 damage) in Outer Cloister attack me and it was still dealing between 2-5 damage and not the expected 0.

1 Like

A5 merc getting dual wield and frenzy was amazing. Noone argued with that. Let’s have something like that.

Eh I was told otherwise in the Community Itemization thread. Initially I thought it didn’t exist and was told it had some but maybe they were drawing upon data from ages past(as in very old Diablo 2). That said, we’ve proposed adding it.