And people want to make game easier :smiley:

18 Likes

Next gameā€¦
Dclone: ā€œNo pots!ā€

:laughing:

4 Likes

Sigh. Bosses are a joke in this game.

10 Likes

A small potion cooldown to stop potion spam would fix that problem, at least during progression with a crappy build. :stuck_out_tongue: Even just a 1 second cooldown.

1 Like

Potions aside, there is no way a level 5 character should ever not be one shot every time by an end game boss, no matter the build or gear. Nor should a level 5 have that much DPS. I honestly canā€™t think of another RPG where this is possible and Iā€™ve played many.

9 Likes

His smite damage is 6-18. The vast majority of the damage is coming from crushing blow. It takes him like 7 minutes to kill him with a sliver of life.

7 Likes

Yes, and I donā€™t think a stat which allows that much damage against an end game boss should be on gear wearable by a level 5 character.

But my bigger concern is why he isnā€™t one shot. If DClone canā€™t do 400 damage in one shot, what will he do against my frenzy barb with 4K life, and who can life steal back 10% damage in 1 second, without life tap. Why bother? Iā€™d rather trade for the Anni charm since there is no challenge there.

2 Likes

Well if they really wanted to stop this from happening, they need to plug the ways people can get a level 5 character into Hell difficulty.

6 Likes

Well that wouldnā€™t be a problem if lvl 5 characters were simply unable to do anything in Hell, let alone kill an end game raid boss LOL. In fact, itā€™s good that he could get his character into Hell, because he has demonstrated how under-powered the Dclone is. Wasnā€™t his intent, Iā€™m sure. He probably just wants to show how clever he is. But his cleverness is not the most interesting take from the video.

This is like a level 5 character going into Onyxiaā€™s Lair in WoW classic and killing Onyxia. Or, to be fair, since that encounter is tuned for a 40 man raid, letā€™s say 40 level 5 characters. Such a group couldnā€™t even kill the first trash mob on their way in. Not even close.

2 Likes

This is why we love the gnasher!

1 Like

One of reasons why we love diablo 2. Its different and you can do stuff like this in it.

4 Likes

not a single person in the world would name this as a reason why they love d2ā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ll echo, well built and thought out things taking on the highest things in the gameā€¦Love It. getting a lvl 5 so it doesnā€™t die to Uber Dā€™s lit Streamā€¦Love it. Getting 400+ life on a level 5ā€¦thatā€™s planning.

Nice work.

5 Likes

Smite is so OP. Not saying it needs to be nerfed, just pointing out the obvious. It is the build I always use for Uber Diablo and Uber Tristram.

Make Smite use attack rating. Problem solved.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s fine. I donā€™t have an issue with people with very specific builds and gear being able to do unusual things. For instance, in POE, if you have a Headhunters Belt, which is Zod like scarcity, and another specific unique, and build the character a certain way, youā€™re in literal God mode with 20x more DPS than any end game character with perfect gear. You can insta-vaporize an otherwise very difficult raid boss. But that requires an item which last I checked cost $250 on the real money sites and practically no one has it. Itā€™s also likely been nerfed since last I played.

My issue here isnā€™t with the specifics of it being a level 5 and using an automatic hit ability plus some very particular gear. Itā€™s the following:

1. All act bosses and raid bosses in D2 are a simple tank and spank, or really just a spank. Itā€™s blam, blam, blam, splat. Or if you donā€™t have so much DPS, blam, blam, blam, blam, blam, blam, blam, splat. Or if your gear and build are horrid, then maybe itā€™s blam, blam, blam [you die.] Either way, the statistical prowess of your character is the only thing that matters. There is no skill involved. Give a character enough stats, and you can hand the controls over to someone whoā€™s never played the game and theyā€™ll down the boss. My mom could down Diablo or Baal on either my frenzy barb or bliz sorc and sheā€™s elderly and never played a video game beyond Tetris. OK, maybe just on the frenzy barb. She might actually have to move to avoid Dā€™s pink lightning and would probably fail at that. But you know what I mean.

2. Considering 1, that statistical prowess is the only thing that matters, the end game raid bosses in D2 donā€™t really have all that much of it. As graphically demonstrated by the fact that Dclone canā€™t manage to one shot a level 5 character with 400 life. If they are going to have such simple non-technical boss fights, the least they can do is put the statistical barrier to entry a little higher than this.

i dunno, dies a few times, wouldnā€™t be doable in hardcore.

and thatā€™s how i measure everything.

if that could be done in hardcore, no deaths. maybe an issue, but this person did die, so the build isnā€™t fool proof. sure itā€™s a joke build to show off how silly this game is. but itā€™s not perfect.

it is hilarious tho. and iā€™m glad theyā€™ve done this.

another one on the list of ā€œthings you never thought possible in d2ā€ :stuck_out_tongue: yes we love it. EoTRampage. yes. this is what we love about diablo. like the other person says, this would 100% unnattainable in WoW. but diablo 2. anything is possible. just like Zombo com.

I just did so you are obviously wrong. And second person below me.

Years ago I was a part of D2 boxing community. Rules were simple - barbarians, level 9, no gear that was visible - charms obviously were allowed, or rings and other non-visible gear - from the outside you were supposed to be buck naked.
People got to level where a lv9 fellow could down an act boss.
So yes - this is the awesome part of this game. Plan for something, see it happen using some sort of weird mechanic others never thought of.

1 Like

why is this a problem, exactly? this is really extremely specialized. Itā€™s fun that we can have these challenge dclone kills.

The only problem i see here is the ability to dodge the red lightning hose

4 Likes