Diablo 1 Show….Would you watch it?

Premise : Big streaming platform buys the right to make a Diablo live action or animated (CastleVania/berserk(2012) style)

rated M: violence, gore, nudity

Story: Diablo 1

Episode 1, The Prince’s return: Aidan come back to Tristram meeting his childhood village in ruin.meets moreina sent by the sightless eye to report the situation. They talk to villagers to know what happened. Pepin tasks them to clear the mystery surounding the corrupted water well. While heading to the Cathedral they encounter a wounded servant whom Aidan knew well when he was young, this servant who speaks of the atrocities down bellow there, The butcher he says, “a demon possessed the Butcher and is massacring everybody!” He scream as his last breath. “ your death will be avenged!” Aidan softly says

Episode 2, The Slaughterhouse’s gate: Skeletons, goblins and ravenous Bats, the catacombs are stuff of nightmare, but nothing compared to what Aidan witness on the battlefield… yet. Following the smell of blood, the 2 adventurers finally stumble upon a door stained of red with blood leaking from bellow. Prepared for the worst they open the door! Nothing inside… well, not what they were prepare for. dismembered corpse, guts and blood everywhere… but no signs of the Demon Butcher. They go back in town to get more information, talk to the priest which leads them to Wirt which lost his mother and Leg to the Butcher. Wirt, clearly affected mentally by the events speaks jiberish when questionned. They then go talk to Gillian the innkeeper who tells them that he’s not mad, just childish and likes riddles. That’s where Aidan realizes that Wirt was speaking backward and telling them “ From Blood the crimson door appears, for blood the Butcher rises”. the heroes realize in that bloody chamber, a portal incantation scroll must be recited. They ask Adria the witch about it, she tells them that she could do it be she’s old and this is too dangerous for her. She mentions a strange figure that recently appeared in the surounding the village, “ a VizJeri sorcerer it seems! Ask him, if he’s what I think, he’ll be of great help, if friendly”. the seek for him and finally spot him at the tavern of the Rising Sun. Tall, red robe, dark skin, blue eyes, Chainmail and a staff, it must be him. They approach him and even before opening their mouth, “ So it must be you that it spoke of, say no more I’ll accompany you”. on their way back to the blood room, he presents himself “I am Jazareth, member of the Vizjeri, an order a magi. I am here seeking the knowledge of Horazon’s library. According to my studies it’s hidden somewhere around here and the demon outburst from the cathedral can only be a sign of it. I saw you two in a dream I had, your aid must be providence. In dept of the cathedral, Jazareth take an scroll out of his sleeves and starts the incantation, a gleaming portal appears

Episode 3, Fresh Meat: they fight the butcher and his hordes of skinless minions

Episode 4, from yellow to blue, from blue to yellow: they find what is the source of the corruption of the water well and slay the monsters responsible. back in town Ogden thank them and tell them that his Tavern sign has been missing. They start investigating by asking a tavern customer, Farnham his name.

Episode 5: find the tavern sign and get rewarded with the Harlequin’s crest

Episode 6: they reach the royal chambers level where they are face with Aidan’s father… as an walking corpse devoided of flesh, a Skeleton King, Leoric

Episode 7, The master craftsman: Griswold the blacksmith hears of Aidan slaying the king. He explains to him that when he was working for the king, they had found a material so rare and unique that they could only make one sword with it, a sword for the King, an heirloom, a symbol of the bloodline of the Monarchy of Khanduras. He tells Aidan that if he desires, he can complete his work, all he needs is the Black magic rock in his workshop in the Cathedral. The trio ventures down the dungeon knowing that to defeat the upcoming evils they need such weapon…. The ore is found, given to griswold, he works days and night on it, requesting the aid of Jazareth’s fire spells to boost the forge so it can hear the metal enough to be worked. On the 3rd week, Griswold is done, he presents the sword to Aidan as the Child he never had, “This is the sword of Khanduras. Aidan takes the sword and swings it and claims “Sword of Khanduras you say? if that’s the child you never had, it shall have your name, This is the proof that no blacksmith is on your level, this is Griswold’s edge!”

Etc

Episode 16, Brotherly boon: Aidan and his companions defeat diablo. The demon’s flesh withering away let’s appear the corpse of a child, Albretch, Aidan’s little brother. With all the information he gathered along the way, Aidan understood that there is no end to this, unless he takes it in his own hands, his whole family got swept by this evil, only him can bring an end to this nightmare. He takes the soulstone upon himself, to bring to the hellforge and destroy it and it’s content once and for all.

2 Likes

I’d watch anything Diablo so long as it was done PROPERLY . That’d be awesome!

otoh:
If it’s anything like the disgusting butchering and flat out wtf shameful disgrace that our lord and savior, the one, the only, Big Brother A-to-Z did to The Wheel of Time :face_vomiting:
… or H to the B to the O-face did to GoT(Martin is semi-culpable for his foolish “Opus-attempt-fail” in the first place… that’s another subject altogether.)
AND sadly what is likely to be the fate of The Stormlight Archive when/if some MegaCorp production buffons get their hands on it…

In that case: No. I wouldn’t give it a second of my time.

3 Likes

Probably not because we already know the story. No need to revisit.

1 Like

why do so many books get adapted into movies then

d1 would be a decent story. i’d have to argue against d2 and definitely against notable events in d3 lol. theres not a cohesive story for d2, so it would be jumping a lot, and we already have a sort of animated following of marius with the wanderer. the sin war would be much more interesting to make an adaptation of though.

1 Like

Diablo 1 would be nothing but back story. It could be good I suppose but we already know the warrior becomes the next incarnation of Diablo in D2.

nah u could make aidan the mc and put some drama in it, it could be interesting. imagine the episode of exploring the dungeon and hearing and seeing the butcher. then we move onto lazarus. we get some story with aidan’s brother, his coitus time with adria, introduced to the skeleton king, leoric, himself before he went mad. it could be interesting. but sin war better

1 Like

Just what we need, more drama :roll_eyes:

Diablo the musical by
Trey Parker
Matt Stone

Make it happen!

1 Like

little did you know, anything you’ve ever seen has drama in it lol. im using drama as the subgenre, not as “oh my god did you hear what becky said?”

1 Like

I prefer carbotanimations over any Anime, CGI or “real” version of the D1 or D2 story.

Modern day screen writers stick to source material?

Fat chance.

It’ll start out with hell invading earth, but by the end of the show the goal will be to stop climate change caused by hell rifts and Aidan will be called to routinely check his toxic white male privilege.

Keep modern talentless hacks far away from my recreation. They can’t even make 2 seasons of the Witcher without losing Cavill and driving the franchise off a cliff like GoT Season 8.

Rings of Power never even stood a chance.

4 Likes

They can’t even make the new cutscenes in d2r look as good as the originals…

Film and art as a whole is no longer made by the talented like it used to.

It used to be the province of a bunch of half-starved, downtrodden wretches of society with a story to tell.

Now it’s a bunch of art school majors from a comfortable middle class family with zero life experience.

Want some bland with your mayonnaise?

That’s why it think anime is the best medium, not because of the look of it and the art style

But rather because Japanese have not fallen into that artistic corruption that the mainstream western productions have

They are not afraid to shake up some taboos and create traditional stories

Absolutely. A Diablo 1 movie would be great. Get the creators of The Witcher series to do it.

2 Likes

if it were made before 2015. Anything made after 2015 was not made to be entertaining.

Oh boy nooo

This show is a disaster

Fans of the game hate the show because it’s not about the Witcher and the directors are so bad and entitled that they made Henry Cavil leave

I never played the game but enjoyed the series.

so is there not going to be a new season? :frowning:

Cavil filmed season 3 and announced he won’t return after that, tired of producers that think their are better writers than the source material and constantly changing stuff to fit their narrative

I understand him, a show called the Witcher where the main character is turned into a side character to put the female side-character to the forefront

Changing source material because of creative vision is one thing, changing it for ideology is another

That’s why I think anime would be a better medium for Diablo adaptation

Look at recent western shows:

• Witcher
  • Star Wars
  • Star Trek
  • wheel of time
  • rings of power
  • willow

All suffer from the same ideology

Even the current success of last of us, will till people know what happens in part 2… haha

Blizzard was able to make a warcraft movie, clearly they can make another DIABLO movie

Obviously I would see it both in the cinema and on any platform that projects it

I have been a fan of this franchise since 1998 and I will die being a fan, telling him that I don’t like Diabllo 3 and even so I played more than 5000 hours

1 Like

only if the director f******g loves Ninja Scroll.

Didn’t know Ninja scroll

Art looks interesting

The tone seem fitting for Diablo 1

Anime hater seem to try to propagate the false narrative that all animes look the same, anime is not a style, just Japanese cartoon