Diablo 1 Show….Would you watch it?

yeah idk about that. you havent watched enough japanese stuff if you think they’re immune to the same things that plague western media lol

wtf is this whole post? this isnt facebook brother

That post is what truth looks like. It is unfamiliar to you because you have no identity. You do not consume; rather you are fed. You are what you eat.

and the government is full of lizard people, i get it. your identity is based on your own self created delusions because you want to feel special.

i cant tell if your statement is even english, what are you trying to say? lmao
let me know when you return to roleplaying as chatgpt

It’s not my fault you can’t read English :joy:
Every language has a spoken and written version. The spoken version is always less formal. You should read more books so that your writing looks less like spoken language - like that of some primary school dropout.

oh yes, typing in proper english on a blizzard forum definitely proves something. have you ever thought that you spend too much time on here? half of the topics in this forum were created by you, and you have a response in almost every thread. you roleplay as chatgpt in the chatgpt thread, you’re the weirdo that made the fake devlog enigma change leak. do you not have anything better to do with your superior intellect?

You’re the one bringing up English proficiency, bud.

If you disagree with something I said, you are welcome to criticize it. And I hope I’m allowed to defend it.

And no I don’t have anything better to do right now while waiting for ladder reset and stuck at a family function. Don’t see how that’s anybody’s business though.

ah yes, change what i said to fit your own agenda. i made no remark on your english proficiency, i made a statement about how your sentences don’t read like english because they have virtually no meaning behind them. you’re just writing a bunch of nonsense, even if it’s grammatically correct (kinda like chatgpt, maybe you are chatgpt).

i do disagree with a lot of what you said, you’re crazy to think the new cutscenes are worse than the old ones. they are, at worst, roughly equivalent, and at best visually much more appealing and realistic. the wanderer shifting into diablo in the tombs on the remastered version looks so much more shocking and grotesque. and as for the whole “all art is nowadays is middle class art students who have never struggled in their life” is just… insane. you have absolutely no way of proving that. i think what you meant to say is art as a medium is becoming easier and more accessible, so there is a larger ratio of garbage to non-garbage than there use to be. spend a little time looking around and you will find something well written that fits whatever personal definition you’ve given art.

1 Like

D2 would probably make a decent comic book, but agreed it would be awkward adapting to television. You’d have to infill so much personal narrative for the protagonists that doesn’t really exist in the game.

I am ChatGPT.

Magic the gathering
Blood Artist

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0266/6672/9526/products/4887fde7-8749-5c71-9d59-875c925a97c7_800x.jpg?v=1622043322

Blizzard Albany

https://careers.blizzard.com/global/en/albany

Look at the pictures.
Look at these “artists”.

Where’s the blood?

Diablo 2 would also be totally fine

Season 1 = Diablo 1, each episode refers to a quest

Season 2 = Diablo 2 act 1, barb, Amazon, necro, sorc, paladin all respond to a help missive sent by the sisterhood of the sightless eye after the Tavern burned and the commander Blood Raven started to go a wire, bringing with her rogues

Episodes could be quests and character introductions and backstory

Episode : rescue mission in the mine which turns out to be the den of evil

Episode : finding blood raven and stop the corruption of the sisters. Some Moreina flashbacks

Episode: on their way to the Cathedral, the heroes encounter the tree of Inifus, Ankara guides them to the Cairn stones

Season 3: act 2&3. Natalya the assassin is introduced but doesn’t join the party

Season 4: act 4, including Marius life fragments

Season 5: the heroes meet The Druid at the base of mount Arreat, he accompanies them as a guide. They meet with Natalya in Harrogath which finally joins them. The party of 7 performs the game quests

People have to understand that by being a game, a lot is not Verbalised, in an adaptation, all this not-said creates a lot of content

The game story doesn’t take a day or 2 like it takes us to clear the game, it’s literally months and years

No, I understand that. I’m not saying it cannot be done. A lot of things can be done. But it’s a significant amount of work to invent complete character arcs for a television series that scan both for the avid fans and a general audience.

It’s one thing to write a list of “moments when” (e.g. “there could be an episode about them getting the scroll of Inifuss!”) and an entire other thing to actually make a cohesive and compelling story with character development.

If this is anything like “Cannibal! the musical” I’m game.

i hope you know the blood artist in the card is not a real artist

Well Doom and final fantasy are fairly tame compared to the games. We don’t need Diablo tarnished by a mediocre movie.

Ooh we could see Blood Raven’s metamorphosis.

We could see the corruption of all heroes

Moreina into blood raven, told by Kashya

Jazareth into the summoner, upon death reading his journal

And Aidan into Diablo, when destroying Diablo soulstone, his spirit appears and thank the heroes, you get a filler episode showing his path since he made one with the soulstone

2 Likes

You can stop there, it’s a bad idea.
I mean, sure, there’s a way to do a good Diablo film or short series if the subject is treated with respect by a very good team. After all, I am sure a few years ago, nobody would have believed that a good animated series could be made out of League of Legends (at least I wouldn’t have believed it).
But you need to treat the IP with respect, and basing it on the D3-revised story is not a good way to do so.
I mean, I’m not sure whether they made that “prince Aidan” idea specifically for D3, or took it from one of the books, but clearly it made no sense in the D1 and D2 continuity, and they didn’t even do anything with it in D3, so this notion would have to be one of the very first things to go.

All that being said, it totally depends on how well the subject is treated. It could range from the Doom film type of garbage to an Arcane-level series.
I would personally expect such a show to be treated as a horror series, with maybe one or two first episodes that depict the beginning of horror appearing in the village, then the rest of the series follows multiple adventurers as they die one by one to the horrors of the labyrinth, surmount the challenges to progress further, and then the very few remaining heroes finally manage to defeat Diablo with an ending that is clearly not positive (for example, instead of the warrior intentionally thrusting the gem into his forehead, the rogue could fail to gather the courage to do so on herself, and betray the warrior by making him the vessel of Diablo, while the wizard thought dead an episode prior finds some tome of knowledge and clearly becomes corrupted).

1 Like

As much as I hate Diablo 3 and it’s story

I don’t consider that information, which brings a name and a story to the 3 original heroes, a revisionism, if it is it’s a decent one

Why? Because there was nothing to revise… it was a blank slate

And as you said, it changed nothing to the story

If you add something and it doesn’t alter the story, just make it more rich

I don’t mind

Even with the episodes description I gave, I slightly altered stuff so it makes perfect sense for the medium without changing the direction or baseline of the story

Being the prince changes nothing to the gameplay and lore but it brings a lot of drama and motivation to an adaptation

About the corruption of the 3 original heroes I think it would be fairly easy to do, same as Lazarus

They kill diablo, try to find how to dispose of it and put an end to it. Doing so they spend days and weeks with the stone, playing with it in their hands

Afterall, Diablo is a lot like LOTR, so proximity to evil power corrupts

I strongly disagree.

First, it is very incoherent with all three games, including Diablo 3, as there’s literally nothing that hints towards him being a prince and/or a part of Leoric’s family, except maybe a couple of references in Diablo 3, not even a single of which is from Leoric or Lachdanan.

Second, there is a vast difference in narrative between an unknown hero that overcomes the horrors of the labyrinth where masses of other heroes have failed, and a king-born chosen one that’s clearly destined to vanquish evil. Typically, in a series, it allows the creation of tension, because there is no guarantee that a specific character is going to make it through alive.
For example, in the manga Attack on Titan, the character that seems to be the lead is eaten alive by a titan early on, and important characters get killed all throughout the story, thus driving the notion that nobody is safe.
Another example is Game of Thrones, where many leads die throughout the series (though after a few seasons, the tension is strongly reduced, due to the fact that you have strong indications of what are the main characters that will make it to the end).

PS : What did you interpret in my previous post as meaning that this “warrior = Leoric’s son” idea changes nothing?

1 Like

an overwhelming majority of the lore of the diablo universe was established after the release of the second game but before diablo 3 released. the lore in d1 is pretty much non-existent and its only slightly more existent in d2. all the lore that’s not directly stated in the game came after the game’s release. most of the lore is retroactive and isn’t reinforced by the games because of this.

you can’t claim the hero of diablo 1 was “anonymous” without lore stating that he was anonymous. if it is literally unsaid who the hero of diablo 1 was, then blizzard is free to clarify who it is, regardless of any assumptions you have personally made.

also, something wild that you may not believe, but events within games are not always directly canon. it kind of defies logic to have multiple classes who killed diablo by themselves at the same time. the warrior is what is canon, and the rest of the classes killing diablo is not canon, but they are still included in the lore in other ways. likewise, the uber event in d2 is not canon. there are also contradictions within the original game. the dialogue refers to the world as sanctuary but “diablo walks the earth” refers to the world as earth. in d2, the canon is there is a party of members who slew the 3, so assuming all 7 classes were in this party, or maybe all 5 then sin and druid join for baal. xul is the canon name of the necromancer from this party. this will probably go against whatever kind of assumption you had created yourself, but…

1 Like