D2:R Team working on "feature" that's "pretty big"... šŸ¤”

Except not everyone else does

2 Likes

However, how accurate is that feedback if we just provide our thoughts without first testing it? Why bother to code it, to get un-tested feedback from the community that might cause it to not be included in the PTR? Hence why I feel it might have been slanted more towards internal feedback and testing. But yes, I want to know too, dangit.

My guess is that itā€™s an addition that is already in various other ARPG games, and since many of us have likely played various ARPG games, our feedback on this mystery feature would be considered valid for whether or not it belongs in D2:R in the first place, and what may need to be tweaked to make it a better fit for D2:R.

If it is something like specific numbers tweaking to change before it hits PTR, I could see that as valid. However, I have a feeling the update that they are planning is primarily done coding and would have made more sense to ask the community first before going through the trouble of coding if it was something as simple as ā€œDo you want this feature?ā€

I still have a feeling itā€™s a feature from those surveys last year, most likely currency tab, but there is a part gnawing at me that it could be bigger. Again, probably looking to deep into wishful thinking.

Well as I said earlier, 20 years of time passing resulted in the vast improvements in technology, which presents a lot of opportunities for features now that were infeasible when the game was released in 2000/2001. Weā€™ve already seen a big one, and thatā€™s the graphics overhaul. The other one is moving the game to the modern battle.net platform.

1 Like

If itā€™s some sort of trading platform, Iā€™ll be blown away. Although I couldnā€™t imagine them doing something so fantastic, it would be welcomed.

3 Likes

A big reason I feel people seek out other ways to trade is because trading in Diablo 2 has always been extremely limited. Thereā€™s always going to be people that prey on others with the old switch-a-roo trick. Plus I donā€™t think anyone really cares to dredge through the games list looking for 15 characters max ā€œX 4 Yā€ games, or sitting in an ā€œX 4 Yā€ game waiting for someone to join.

Sure the face to face trading makes it seem more real via player interaction, and there is no reason for it to go away, it can stay. However, there are many of us would like to have an ADDITIONAL way to trade in game.

An in-game trading platform would have a warm welcome in my book.

An in-game trading platform that has item listings and what people are asking for them will help give players a better idea of what items are worth, which will stabilize the prices in the game.

Another thing that an in-game trading platform would do is slow down people seeking a better way to tradeā€¦ AKA they have less of a chance going off looking for fools gold. It wonā€™t stop it, but it will help slow it down.

1 Like

I get what you are saying, and agree for the most part. Iā€™ve always felt the idea of trade in D2 was geared towards being more of a social barter system than some player driven economy. While I donā€™t have the old Brady Games guide anymore that I bought with the original Classic D2, I seem to recall an offsides note from the devs in it talking about their philosophy with Set Items, and how the idea was to trade for the pieces needed to complete the sets, like if one player needed the final piece of Berserker and traded a piece of the Arctic Set someone needed to get it.

The way players spun it into an economy, especially after 1.10 putting Runes so high on the totem, does make it more confusing unless you are dug deep into community channels like Jsp. Itā€™s a bit easier now, with more platforms like Traderie, but an in game version would be great. Really, the only main negative is that it might make those gamelists even more empty, without the trade games.

3 Likes

The barter system works well if everyone only relies on it for tradingā€¦ When people have monetized values already in place for items due to trading outside of the barter system, it throws gravel in the barter systems gears. ā€œOnes trash is anothers treasureā€ gets thrown out of the window, because people are still placing a monetized value on the trash.

Diablo 2 might as well go with the flow as far as trading and get with the times, and I believe an in-game open trading market is the answer. Buyers determine the prices.

I actually consider this a positive, as those looking for a game will be more likely to find one.

1 Like

Itā€™s gonna be a loooong week, haha!

3 Likes

Out of all the ideas Iā€™ve seen the most likely in my mind is lobby/UI improvements and loot filters.

In game trading tools are greatly needed but quite the undertaking. I doubt itā€™s huge changes to core gameplay in other ways.

Whatever it is i just hope itā€™s something that was needed to improve the experience.

Really hope the news comes next week and they donā€™t delay to the week after. :crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

Yup, then everyone can get to work forming their 2.6 wishlists without even testing out the 2.5 updates, lol.

3 Likes

How most feel around patch time:

Mr. Bean is awesome. :stuck_out_tongue:

British comedy is great overall. Hereā€™s an old favorite:

1 Like

If they implement the guild halls it would blow my mind!

• Loot filters
  • trading system
  • guild hals
  • pvp arena

Any of these please.

2 Likes

There is jsp so it doesnt make any sense, rmt is builded in d2 core.

Guilds are totally useless in D2, ut not mmo bit short arpg game lol

PVP arenas; how u would balance it?1? PvP is totally unbalanced, they would have to disable all potions, nerf max res to 85, disable stash cuz with big stash ppl would abuse eg ES pre cast gear, nerf absorbs to 20% max, diasable x absorb, add exit timer or penalty due to chicken and add tons of rules cuz of current imbalanced builds eg FoH-Auradin hybs and etc. u clearly know nothing about pvp in D2 so better dont talk. D2R is just pvm game with some parts of PK lol.

Can you blame them? With all these crybabies and doom sayers?

2 Likes

Well made ingame trading will kill jsp. And it should happend to end the unfair advantage peoplre have by using fg.

What does this even mean?

Not true, peopke always made clan and guilds in d2. It would be great feature.

You dont need to balance anything , pvp arena is not for the balance, its for providing interesting places people can duel without loss of gold or life on hardcore.

1 Like

You probably living in alternative Universe if you think this will kill jspand rmt lol

Btw I played PD2 and PoD and still used jsp w/o any problems, and I haveto say it i secret;) I earned ~ 10k fg in a single PD2 season.

Open Trade= RMT lol

Open ur eyes and jump to Earth from Moon.

Yeah for few k ppl who stay with this outated game lol, most of them play SP or jsp lol.

Its not worth it, they would get tons of cry threads about unbalance shā€¦/not fair and etc. and get tons of negativity from player base, what you think, why they did not add arenas in D2 before!!! There are maps in D2 files lol, why they didnt add arenas from Blizzvon 2010 to D3 and finally why they dont have any plans to add pvp arenas to D4??? Not worth it!!! Tons of balance problems and negativity.

DIABLO is pvm game with optional PK/PvP, nothong serious.