D2:R Team working on "feature" that's "pretty big"... 🤔

If it’s an in game trading platform I’d be so damn excited

4 Likes

an auction house.I think D2R needs an efficient trading system

3 Likes

I think it’s most likely going to be one (or more) of these things (in order of more to less likely):

1. Currency stash tab
  2. Loot filter
  3. Crossplay (probably not, would probably need a pretty long test period but it’d be great for the long term health of D2R)

Wishful thinking but would be awesome:

1. TCP/IP or an alternate method for modded multiplayer

On a somewhat related note, I hope the 2.4 PvP FHR change is reverted/reworked and Classic players get a shared + expanded stash. Moving Cain next to the stash in Act 5 and a toggle for item level display would be great too. :smile:

2 Likes

or a built-in MOD that has many functions

mod tools would be pretty dope.

Everyone in the D2R forum:

3 Likes

They are just gonna break something we love. Not yet sure what it is, but they gonna break it.

4 Likes

THIS!!!

But, would be nice if they would just friggin put lobby chat back the way it was … they broke it pretty badly. And no excuses about “trying” to curtail spam-bots, they don’t even monitor lobby chat to see all of the spam-bots that are there…

Yeah, they are gonna screw something else up pretty badly, I just know it.

Why can’t they just call up Guild Wars and get one of the previous programmers that actually knows the code in this game and pay him to fix it on the side??? I mean seriously? These beginners you have now don’t know crap and keep screwing everything up! I mean you guys are the reason they left anyway, now you are trying to do what they wanted to do to start with and you are just screwing up! I guess it makes sense that microsoft is buying you out, just look at how they screw up their own products! All is lost.

Two decades of time yielded plenty of improvements to computers/networking/internet-infrastructure/average users internet connection speeds… Ideas that may have been infeasible back then may be trivial now and there is potential for improving the game. It’s at least worth trying.

Modem connection sounds

2 Likes

lol so what if, and now this is a IF its a new loot system?

I joke. But maybe something like that Horadric Encyclopedia?

That depends on if they are “adding” something new, or “modifying” something already in existence.

I’m not sure which, but I’m really hoping it’s the former and not the latter.

Currency stash tab would be my #1. Get rid of some mules that way, and I would probably pick up more “junk runes”

1 Like

They still need a greatly improved lobby and social system. Right now it feels dead in there compared to the golden years.

My bet is lobby stuff.

1 Like

this is exciting news! this can only mean one thing. our wildest dreams are coming true. all at once.

Whatever this “big feature” might be, I highly doubt it’s one of the many polarizing suggestions people here make, currency tabs, charm inventories and whatnot. We’ll just have to see what the devs are up to.

We’re all going to be dissapoited i’m shure :laughing:

3 Likes

in term of big features…most of you shouted them out already XD

currency tab…charms inventory…and guild halls…especially guild hall…lobby is a small feature but meh…if it get improve then for the better

skill trees rework could be a possibility to adjust where skills should go in term of power(although i think its way too early for devs do handle that)…veteran and knowledgable old players would have a way better idea of each skill power

for example…fanatism aura could be safely move as a lvl 24 skill as melee struggle early game…or skill like blessed aim and thorn being move down to lvl 1 skills

then there the pre-requisite which could be modify a bit to require maybe 1 or 2 less points invest into unwanted skills…up to 3 for deeply locked skill like FoH//Lower Resists

I’m holding off installing any mods (singleplayer) until I see what the new patch / ladder brings. Since they said feature I feel like it’s something bigger than a small QOL tweak but here is my wishlist in no particular order:

High priority

• Rune & Gem stacking
  • More and or bigger stash tabs. Like A LOT more lol. Sorry for liking items =)
  • Loot filter or at least shorter item names. For the love of Tyrael. This is so badly needed. You spend more time digging through the clutter and spam drinking potions than actually fighting. And it’s an awful feeling thinking you’re missing out on good drops because you couldn’t even see them on the screen literally burried by other item names.

Would be cool

• A 4th significant difficulty level with higher drops (not new drops) that takes actual effort to clear and not mindlessly blow up solo in p8 games…
  • Increased HR drop rates. I realize that HRs are plentiful with all the bots but they are still stupidly rare if played legitly and most of the for-granted runewords are impossible to make nevermind several of them. I have found 3hrs total in ~15 years of playing…
  • Rework of gold economy to make it a viable trading tool/resource. Significantly more gold storage capacity, bunch more heavy gold sinks such as sockets / materials / other things. Perhaps nerfed gold farming ability.
  • A viable trading platform. One of the reasons I stopped play8ing online is cause I never want to waste time on or be indirectly part of the jsp scene again - I remember back then I used to have to spend more time on JSP than in actual game.

oh and NO charms inventory. Probably a controversial opinion but this is a game nerf. You don’t have to fill your whole inventory with charms… - and if you choose to do so then it’s on you if you can’t pickup anything and hate your life lol. I think it’s an interesting trade-off mechanic.

“Pretty big”

Come on people don’t get you hope too high

They are the same people that called 2.4 a major patch when it was a pretty minor patch

A sneeze compared to what PD2 released every season

They at least need loot filter and stacking everywhere to just be on par with what the game should have been released like a year ago

Note: they also said that 2.4 PTR was the first PTR of Diablo 2 history which was wrong since there was one in like 2008 for 1.12… showing they like to embiggen their statements

To be fair, 2.4 was a major patch though. They’re not trying to change the whole game.Just need some more of that momentum.

3 Likes