D2 is Dead, Long Live D3

Not really. Immunities are a problem also. Lightning was the only one able to be broken on all regular monsters just by using infinity. Cold and fire couldn’t do the same.

1 Like

I mean, you can tell a trainwreck is bad without ever being on a train.

12 Likes

Sounds like infinity is the issue there, not immunities.

4 Likes

Immunities are. Lower resistance and conviction can both do it. So are they all the problem and not hard immunities? Immunities are a bad game design. That bad design is exacerbated by the synergies too.

8 Likes

Yes, I see you prefer the design of D3.

Well D2 died to non-interventionist hand of purists

But D3 has been dead for a while as well

But it’ll soon be revived as Diablo 4 aka, Diablo 3 enhanced edition

So yeah, you are not totally right but technically yes

Has nothing to do with D3. Check out PoE, Last Epoch, or Grim Dawn. Pretty much any other ARPGs. They don’t do hard immunities. Resistant sure, but not being able to damage something at all is just poor design. It means you skip it or rely on a Merc etc.

13 Likes

Well don’t worry, you can now hold down 1 key and farm everything in the game instead of having to use multiple builds to farm multiple areas because of that ‘poor design.’

3 Likes

Oh I could already do that with a lightning character and an infinity. So np.

5 Likes

It’s almost like Infinity is its own problem or something.

2 Likes

Or conviction or lower resistance. Almost like hard immunities are the problem.

8 Likes

You’re back on the infinity again, also comparing infinity to using lower resist is like having a automated sprinkler system for your yard vs going out and watering it with a hose.

2 Likes

Then good luck finding Ber Mal Ber Ist or any godly item for trade early so you could abuse it. Now Blizzard allows it for free from the get go, those unique charms will be super ez to find.
Same with Enigma compared to infinity, good luck with that early Jah and Ber.

1 Like

The few? Sorry to break it to you champ, but the minority wanted immunes to stay. It is a terrible mechanic and glad to see a way to break them all. Go back to original D2, its there for you to play you coward.

11 Likes

It’s not for free. You still have to find the charm from a terror zone champion or boss.

3 Likes

Wow so hard to find that gc bro, definetely harder than a HR right?

1 Like

Hard immunities shouldn’t exist. So I hope they are easy to get. Play regular LoD if you love immunities so much.

8 Likes

Get a load of the internet tough guy, one advocating for an easier braindead game at that. Lol.

2 Likes

I think enough people have been playing this game long enough to know instantaneously what ramifications these charms will have.

The only significant variable in understanding the ramifications is the drop rate. If it’s super rare then it’s not as big of a deal; tho hammerdin is then left completely unaddressed and there was no point in any of this. If it’s common, then the complaints are completely valid.

You don’t need to play it, you just need an understanding of math.

1 Like

Who are you to tell me what to play lol, same game was advertised as 20 years ago and i got the same rights as you to play this game in better graphics.
Step out of your horse dude.

6 Likes