D2 is Dead, Long Live D3

I played a fury/fire hybris this ladder (almost lvl 94) with a merc with lawbringer/reaper for decrep and breaking physical immuns and to profide extra physical dmg with fury.

A real fun build with dirt cheap effective items (treachery, jala, obedience, ravenfrost) these 4 items are all you need to farm everything you like… no need for infinity and you really don’t need to worry about any mobs immunities. Stuff like this is why I love D2… can make many builds like this that are not massive OP but fun to play and can do about anything you like.

With this new charm and the direction of D2. It simply will be maximise dmg of X elemental type skill, Add extra pierce of X elemental type, Add X amount of extra ress of X elemetal type, and thats it…

I know what will happen with me… the same thing that happens when I play my mega OP NL hammerdin. I do 1 or 2 farm routes and then start yawning and close game becuase it gets boring really fast. All that power makes the game really BORED… I really don’t understand how the devs can’t see this.

1 Like

I hope it’s not, I really hope this will be crash and burn, as a warning to others.

Best case scenario now (except for simply discarding the TZ and Sunder charms), D2r dies fast, fast enough to cause concern in the top (as this will influence future sales of D4 as well), the Dev team gets fired and a new team will be placed there selected from people who actually play the game.
Not seeing this happen though.
Quit D3 because it was mindless, will quit D2r because it becomes mindless, don’t think I will even buy D4 now, it’s up to Microsoft to change my mind, not buying anything anymore from Blizzard as it is now.

4 Likes

Have to agree with OP. They promote this as if it increased diversity. This change kills all the diversity. For example it does not matter if you play fire, lightning or cold sorc now. It is exactly the same. Every build are the same.

3 Likes

That pre-assigned gear is total junk. Probably would get better gear from vendor. But even with that you destroy every area with ease. This will get so boring so fast.

1 Like

The gear was not that bad. You think destroying an area with monsters that have 95% resistance to your element is gonna be fast?

And btw I’m also very skeptical at these charms.

When I said, I do not like immunities as they are, I suggested to change it based on number of players in the game - see this thread.

95% or 99% resistance is far better than immunities, but Conviction, Lower Resist and Cold Master to apply at full effect after the reistance has already been lowerded, that is not a good decision.

I’m no fan of immunities, I am no fan of no meaningful resistances to elements whatsoever like it is in D3.
A monster that is tough by having 95% to 99% resistance to a specific element is fine, but the New Sundered Charms are bad.

1 Like

In my personal opinion, i for one stopped playing d2resurrected “BECAUSE” of the immunities, i being a casual player have never had a high rune drop for me, i never could farm the high runes needed for an infinity, the high runes just do not drop for me, so in turn i could never gear my merc enough to handle the immunes that i could not on hell, i literally stopped playing this game because of the immunities, im glad theyre adding these charms, i might actually come back

1 Like

Don’t play single damage source builds.
There are multiple builds for every class that have no problems with immunes. If you play lightning only sorc, thats your fault.

2 Likes

Look, They’re a fantastic idea because it allows opt in to this feature. No one will force an old schooler to break immunities and you’ll be able to play the way you want to and all everyone to enjoy the game.

1 Like

buy a lower resistance wand charges item and use as weapon swap and if you want to stack -res to a paladin with conviction aura.
Rocket science man, so hard to understand.

Yeay sure we can just play ineffective builds and worse strategies like the rest. What an stupid argument.

How about you actually PLAY with friends that can take care of a certain immunity which others cant. oh wait only the loner losers solo who don’t want to PLAY the game and have fun, they would rather WORK the game and complain about what makes the work hard.

You don’t drive 30 mph on a 55mph road? What’s wrong with you?

No i don’t drive in any mph roads cause we don’t messure our stuff in retarded here…

3 Likes

Were you playing on players 8 (good luck since finding a full game isn’t fun), or are you just really bad at fire sorc?

I did the same thing and respecced to hydra/fire ball and was 1 shotting EVERYTHING in chaos sanc including the monsters that used to be fire immune.

I am not saying the OP is correct, because if he wants the game to play how it has, he doesn’t HAVE to use a sunder charm (really OP it is that simple). Just like how you can turn TZ’s off for your game.

The new content is great, aimed a bit in the wrong direction, but at least we are getting something new. I understand the purists, I really do. The game is/was great how it was, but the game was also EXTREMELY tired. 20 years of the same of crap over and over, it is definitely time for some aspects to change. Unfortunately, I think Blizz is changing some of the wrong things and not bothering to listen to the feedback even though they have entire forums setup JUST FOR THAT FEEDBACK!

Sorry powers of 10 is too much for my simple brain, seems I need break immunity charms.

1 Like

That is because you don’t know how to convert. Here, I will do it for you.

“You don’t driver 22 kph on a 35 kph road? What’s wrong with you?”

And that is completely OKAY! It is D2 ffs, and when im tired of D2 i’ll go play SOMETHING ELSE ffs - but when nostalgia hits me again and i’m reinstalling this - I want D2 and not some crappy mod compilation goddämn…

With this change, Flickering Flame is now a god tier item! Behold, the fire sorc patch!

2 Likes

It was BiS when it was introduced in 2.4. What this charm kills is the Vengeance Paladin. Seriously why make one now when I can make a Tesladin with Crescent Moon + Level 25 Conviction and get -100% Enemy Lightning Resistance to everything without batting an eyelash.

1 Like