D2 Crashes after selecting character and trying to start game

When I go to start my game after selecting a character (either offline or online) the game seems to start doing what it is supposed to as I start hearing some dialogue that would indicate the game has started, but then it immediately goes to a black screen and doesn’t give any particular error and the game crashes. To repeat, this happens with either online or offline characters.

1 Like

me too…
note: before yesterday’s update it was just crashing randomly, for example when using TP or saving game.
After the update I can’t even access any characters. Online or offline. Even a newly created character for testing.

I´ve got the same problem; after hearing " guten Tag", the screen goes black and the game ends.

Same to me. The first day i could play about 10 minutes after serveral times game crashing. I am playing on a notebook with windows 10. I am trying every day but it is always the same. Online or Offline. I see the loading screen with the door opening and light coming in, then i hear the “Guten Tag” and then the game crashes without an error massage, falling back to windows desktop. Very, very annoying! I spend 40 Euro and the game is not playable, without an given reason, wtf!!

I switch all my graphics settings in the game to low and switched fx or something, and now the game seems to work… I can load now, maybe this helps? I´m playing legancy mode, though, it seems more fluid … kind