Randomly crashes straight to desktop

Thanks dude! It really helped me! Now I can play. Respect!

2 Likes

Same issue here, unfortunatelly the suggestion above about virtual memory didn’t work

R9 3900x
RTX 3080
32gb ram

2 Likes

I’ve crashed at least 25 times since launch.

Ryzen 3600x
Nvidia 1800
64gb RAM 3200mhz

2 Likes

I thought it might be a GPU problem because mine is a graphics card integrated with my notebook
But I have an I7, 16GB ram and SSD only (no HD)
But seeing so many people with graphics cards and a better setup, I think I’m convinced that the problem isn’t the GPU

2 Likes

Update the game now freezes and I have to manually shutdown to get out of it since new patch. I saw the suggestion above but with this many ppl having the same issue I’m convinced it’s not on our end. You shouldn’t have to try all these crazy methods to get the game to work properly… Absolutely unplayable right now. I hope it doesn’t take a month to fix.

I’ve tried updating my drivers, and nothing. The only thing I can think of is something wrong with hardware

Same issue with R9 3900x and 3080Ti… please make it stop.

Same issue for me. It crashed when I’m in the lobby, and it crashed when I’m changing entering tp. Last time it crashed when I’m changing different act. The game freezes and closes out.

I bought a brand new pc to play this damn game !

3 Likes

SilentRider Hi man, I don’t know how much memory shoul I alocate, Should I put the one there is recommended? Thanks

Hey man, How Much did you alocate of your memory? Thanks I don’t know how much should I put

This is ridiculous we payed 40+ dollars to play a game that’s clearly broke. And instead of blaming blizzard we are all questioning our computers which are clearly within the minimum specs. Can we get a blue response yet?

3 Likes

Sadly, it didn’t work for me, game was crashing every 10 minutes or so even with a paging file configured.
Tried several things but the only one that worked for me was to reinstall Windows from scratch from the 21H1 ISO. Didn’t keep data nor personal files.
Now the game works without any crash. Sorry, I know this not the best / easiest solution…

2 Likes

For me solved and this did the trick: lowering the max FPS in the game options. Had as first 144FPS because of my monitor, which is a 144Hz type. Changed it to now 90FPS and can now play without any problem for hours (and with highest details).
Now it makes fun…

regards
Mikel

1 Like

I unplugged my video card, plugged it back it, and now the game works?

Nevermind, it’s crashing again.

Similar issue. Ever since the weekend I am getting multiple crash to desktops. Didn’t happen before

Another “me too” post, random exit to desktop:

i7-8700K
32GB SDRAM
Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
Win10 Pro 10.0.19043 build 19043

2 Likes

16 days later and the game still crash!!! It crashes more frequently on the weekend.

I’m having the same problem, after a few minutes of playing it crashes to desktop with no error. If I turn off all the overlays (discord, Nvidia, etc even if I’m not actively using them) it doesn’t crash.
Problem is I can’t stream the game (eg twitch) without it crashing either. It’d be great if the game could be stable enough to not care about other things running in the background.

Alienware m15r4
i7-10870H
32Gb RAM ddr4 2933Mhz
Rtx 3070 8GB GDDR6

2 Likes

my problem is similar to the others
i just like hc but after losing more characters due to random closures i gave up because it’s pointless

i was expecting this game but it was a big disappointment

i don’t have time to start over from scratch so i removed it

thanks for nothing and you still don’t care about the ongoing problem

based on the priority of profit hungry, I do not expect any repayment either
after all, it’s already paid out so who cares. isn’t it?

2 Likes