Could we please get rid of immunes?

Can someone explain to me how a game, which is all about killing monsters and getting loot, stops you from killing 30% of the monsters? Just avoiding them defeats the entire point of this game. it also forces you into playing only certain areas, or just playing a hammerdin.

Going Hybrid just makes it so you kill things a lot slower and is really not viable. In addition, the ONLY immunity that infinity breaks is lighting. So any end game build that is not a hammerdin, will only really flourish with a lightning build.

I figured I would start with a javazon this ladder because I always start blizz sorc to farm gear. What a mistake that was. My best item is a pair of 47 travs because I cannot farm anything efficiently due to lack of gear. And with most monsters being immune to lighting, well, there leaves very little to farm…pindle is the only viable option.

They really need to stop listening to these streamers and getting bold in making changes. I’m tired of people like mrlama or dbowski having quality control of this game.

34 Likes

In this case the decisions on immunes were made by the game creators over 20 years ago.

This is a core feature of Diablo 2 and has always been. It forces you to make talent and gear decisions as well as route farming decisions. This is all intentional.

57 Likes

Immunities shake up the encounters in the game, making some areas easier, others difficult or even impossible for certain builds. They provide a challenge, which makes the game rewarding when you overcome them.

16 Likes

no, they don’t. It was a cheap and easy way to make the game harder without putting any thought into it. There is no “challenge” when the solution is simply bypassing them. It was garbage 20 years ago and it is garbage now. Plus, giving only one item to break immunity, infinity, and that immunity broken being lighting only, it just bad design.

Stop confusing “challenging” with bad game design. People hated it back then but are now forced to accept it.

32 Likes

there are items and skills to break immunity
Amp dmg-removes physical immune
lower res/conviction for elemental based immune
or the classic merc route does the trick

6 Likes

Infinity does not break fire/cold immunes and it breaks most lightning immunes. Lower resist wands break nothing.

Again, the point is if this is a monster killing game, why make it so you can only kill 70% of them and have you avoid/run from the other 30%? Why not make them half immune?

12 Likes

You can make a build that isn’t just lightning based, you know. The game gives each character three free respecs, utilize them. Is that build going to be omgbbqpwnij? No it isn’t, but it will get you through the game.

As far as opening up more builds, it’s a work in progress. Maybe next ladder instead of a bunch of runewords that require high runes, maybe they’ll introduce some mid-range runewords that help underperforming classes to progress a bit easier.

2 Likes

GitGud…

Enough Said,lol no but this isnt d3.You may call it trash but its still one of the top 10 games of its genre ever made

5 Likes

I guess the Boots with the Increased movement speed isn’t just for farming efficiency, but so you can run away from these. :scream:

1 Like

You act like I am new here. Did you even read my post? Sure I can make Hammerdin # 1090 or another blizz sorc to farm Meph, but I wanted to try something different. This is a core issue with the game.

8 Likes

Its your issue, and yours alone.They arent getting rid of immunes.

Your not? Why buy the game if you thought this was a big issue in the first place, or aka you are new and didnt know immunes were in D2

4 Likes

I threw in an addendum to the post:

Maybe even some new uniques, some tweaking to existing uniques/sets even… The possibilities for the future are high.

Who said the game was trash? I am saying that if you want to be able to farm anything you are stuck playing two builds or avoiding content

10 Likes

Maybe monster resists could be tweaked in the future so infinity can break fire or cold on more monsters to increase variety.
Not really an issue with immunities but resistance levels to lower resistance.
I think it’s mostly fine how it is and adds variety vs changing the game into all other games where there are no immunities but that’s just me

4 Likes

Garbage/trash.Whatever way you put it same thing

I agree with you, there are a lot of dead end builds in the game, and yes they should attempt to address that issue. The tricky part is to make sure they don’t introduce powercreep. One item intended for one build could totally tip the scales in favor of another by accident if overlooked.

3 Likes

As I mentioned on another thread, I believe the developers are scared making bold changes, in case they get their asses kicked by upper management. I am sure there are thousands of ideas to make the game better and the developers are not stupid.

Another important issue is the level you want to reach with your character. For example, are you happy to kill Baal in Hell once and then go level another class, or do you want to make one of those uber builds as we see in the guides with enigma, infinity, dozens +skill charms etc?

If you are happy just to kill Baal, then a few immunes (to your skills) here and there will not be a show stopper, as the immunities are random*. If you are unlucky once, you can try again.

• I believe most mobs and their skills and immunities are mostly randomly picked
1 Like

No, it is a lot of peoples issues. Go play your hammerdin

6 Likes

Anyone’s decision to dump their damage into one damage type is their own fault.

3 Likes

sounds like your playing the wrong class then. the necro sounds better fitted for your needs as they can solo hell no matter what resistances u face. immunity helps pool players togeather aswelll

2 Likes