Console Players are Toxic

So I just started playing console. Ive died maybe 5 times total from level 0 - 22. Why do console players always run to steal your dropped gold after you’ve died. The gold you spend days farming for?
Im from 2002 on PC and i played until 2009… I have never seen greedy people like this. The other thing is that they set up PSN so they cant recieve messages, so you cant message asking why they stole your gold or anything upon the lines. Its just kind of unbelievable how greedy console players act. Its a shame to introduce this to the world of Diablo 2 in which we had used to know.

have you seen the empty stash loot vacuums at the chaos or baal runs b4 yet? they all want your loot bro

If youve played prior to the new kids gaming style, you remember we used to put a portal by the player who died so he can get his gold. We used to leave stuff on the ground if we had better gear or if we knew we would find better gear. Lol. None of that on console. I think the reason may appear that its just a young generation gaming, we used to be mature 12 year olds back when we played. Now a days you couldnt pay a teenager to be mature.

2 Likes

I dont remember that. Played from 2000 till 2012. There were lots of selfish players in early days too even lots of scammers and pk guys whose fun was to ruin games…

Found as much good people as before and as much bad ones…

5 Likes

you know that the game has auto-pick-up for gold, right? Then it probably wasn’t intentional to pick up your gold. Someone was just close to you when you died?

1 Like

I played on PC too. I seen it there all the time. Here’s a trick tho. You can put your gold in your shared stash tabs it won’t drop on death.

Auto pickup gold only applies to AI gold not player. You have to input A to pickup player’s gold.

1 Like

I notice my playing pattern when i had nothing in my stash to full capacity. I didnt share much beginning and now join normal games to drop off loot and gold.

Off topic: With new terror zones. I notice i join more games to drop off loot n gold. My magic find is under 200 but more unique drops and gold is about 2-3k from unique monster.

So don’t worry too much about resources. It will over flow. Only thing that doesn’t is runes.

how much gold can you drop below lvl22, 5000?

That’s what hostile mode is for :+1:

You claim “Console players are toxic” just cause your gold was taken??

Literally just sell armors, plate armor in norm will easily catch 5k per.

As for your gold being stolen - just quit dying and / or get good

2 Likes

All that you’re carrying.
Whatever number that might be.

I think you may have just had a limited experience with D2 in the past or you have selective memory. D2 used to be comletely lawless. Weather it was people Poppin other people’s corpses or scamming annis because you couldn’t put them in a trade window. Or any of the million other scams…

3 Likes

scamming is just good business

Are you joking?
The community was exactly like this 20 years ago, maybe more dumbed down and cold in these modern ages, but it’s mostly the same.

Sounds like you’ve been coddled way too much by crapbook and twatter that it literally warped your perception on reality.

2 Likes

False.
/20characters

The only false thing here is your opinion.
Fact is, yeah, the d2 community was pulling all this same crap 20 years ago.

People swapping identical items in traded, being afk / not helping / leeching xp - that all has happened decades past.

Sorry if some illness / social media fried your brain, but don’t kid yourself.

2 Likes

There was always lots of people like this in d2… Just remember to stash your gold more often.

1 Like

I can care less about my gold and I always thought drops were open game unless mentioned in old d2. Guess things have changed. Why I’d like to game with friends or alone.

So true, it’s always been ruthless. People will try and pull the lamest things. Items switchers were the dumbest. I always double check what’s on the screen and never act fast.
And as far back as I can remember people have always stolen gold. Always. It don’t matter where. There excuse if there was one is “well if I didn’t someone else would” which is just a cop out. One of the reasons I’m not a fan of multiplayer. It goes from annoying, to frustrating to down right maddening when you see people do it over and over deliberately.
People haven’t changed
There’s just more of them.

3 Likes