Connection Interrupted Constantly

Hello - saw a Blue post saying I should create a new topic for this, so here it is.

I had perfect connectivity until the most recent patch, now I can only play for 30 seconds to 3 minutes, tops, before being booted. I don’t lose connection with the internet, Battle.net, or anything else - it simply kicks me out of the game repeatedly and I land back in the lobby. I can appreciate Blizzard’s response and agree that these sort of issues can happen for a variety of reasons, however, I have noticed something somewhat unique with my issue.

I am fortunate in that one thing that has helped me is to exit Diablo entirely. That will correct the issue so that hours go by without the problem happening again. But, once the problem starts back up again, it will continue disconnecting me from games every few seconds until I exit completely. For my variant of this issue, it’s as if playing for an extended period causes something to build up within D2R that exiting clears. A cache, perhaps? Or maybe relaunching forces me to reconnect altogether, giving me a more stable server to connect to? I’m just shooting into the dark here, but there are three noted common denominators with my issue:

• It only started after the most recent patch.

• Only D2R experiences the loss of connectivity, and even then, it is limited to just the game itself, not the game lobby. No other games or applications I own have had connectivity issues. For kicks, I even had another game I own, Tabletop Simulator, running concurrent with D2R to test this once. D2R kicked me repeatedly. TTS never skipped a beat.

• Exiting the game completely and relogging fixes it every time for a few hours. Then the connection becomes extremely volatile again. Rinse, repeat.

While I am keeping an open mind about solutions, I want to note that I replaced my modem and router less than a month ago, have had no issues with any other games or programs concurrent to the connection drops in D2R, and have already done the standard steps listed in the Blizzard connectivity issue guide - releasing, renewing, flushing DNS, power cycling, etc.

21 Likes

Well, my experience kinda same to you. Every 10 min got booted with title table “Cannot connect to server”, I bookmark every post complain this issue but 3 days and counting the only reply is 1 mod told us to run WinMTR (already posted result but still no reply). I check every post I bookmarked, and hope they will fix that…
Com 'on!!! With all respect, PLEASE SAY A WORD!

7 Likes

This is same for me. Constantly booting me to lobby while i’m right in the middle of farming…I have to completely close Diablo and restart it for the connection to work for about an hr or so. Then the cycle repeats…It’s not character dependent nor act dependent either as I’ve tested it on multiple characters all over the game in different difficulties…

3 Likes

I am dealing with this currently! It’s been happening since last Sunday. At first I could play for like 10-15 minutes and now it’s barely 2-3, if that! I can’t do anything in the game… did anyone else dealing with this issue find a way to fix it?

1 Like

I’m getting this as well.

The same here. Almost unplayable.

I create a game, go to waypoint and try to click, nothing happens, then connection interrupted, wait for the game to release the lock out, then repeat 2 - 3 times until frustrated, close game.

This has started recently for me. My lag and disonnects have been so bad since yesterday. I haven’t had this issues really since launch until now. Lost a 90 sorc in HC last morning cause of this bullshlt.

i am very disappointed to hear that a month after launch there are more and more problems. and the truth to be told they are even more serious than that at lunch. i was hopping that after a month there should be left only minor issues. Blizzard should show more interest into making the game not just playable.

same issue happens to me at this moment after the yesterday’s patch, connection interrupted shortly after I start a game, cannot play like this
check with a friend, he doesn’t have any issues

I also have disconnects, very hard to play with this problem. I past the queue, play a bit, then disconnect, hello long queue, nice to meet u again :sob:

1 Like

Same here "Internet Connection Interrupted’’. Only in D2r everything else unaffected.

Long queues and constant lobby join game fails. All you need to do is fail to to join a game for any reason (maybe type name slightly wrong or game is already full) and this BS forum then gives an error message for next minute. Yeah Ive reading the Blizzard notes and I know this is their 'default workaround response to’overlay a deeper issue, or whatever) ,but its really frustrating after a 30 minute wait in queue.

1 Like

Same issue. But I have been having it consistently for a little over a month. “Your connection has been interrupted”. I have zero problems with any other title. I can only play D2 online for about 2 to 3 mins before getting this error and being dumped to main menu. Simply unplayable. It was fine in the beginning, but since like a few weeks post launch, unable to play the game at all unless single player, but like, I did enough of that when I was in high school. I have friends now Blizz, lol.

This was an issue that was posted about at launch and it’s still happening to me.

I’ve gone through their troubleshooting process with absolutely no success, and if anything I’m getting booted more frequently.

I would be a lot happier about this situation if they would actually ACKNOWLEDGE that there’s a serious problem that’s preventing a large number of players from playing the game online. It’s a great game, but the online component is simply broken. And this isn’t an issue with the players, it’s an issue on their end.

I played the beta for several hours with absolutely zero problems. Between the beta and launch they did something to completely mess the code up.

Drakuloth, or whoever’s response to the initial reports of this was, “This is not a problem that large numbers of players are experiencing.”

That’s complete and total bull. I’ve seen dozens of reports about this stuff online. There are also Switch owners who haven’t been able to actually validate their games and can’t play a game they bought over a month ago.

Blizzard needs to step up and admit that they messed something up. It’s not the result of “packet loss” on the player’s end. They broke the online game, and they need to fix it immediately, or at the very least stop gaslighting us and admit that there’s a serious problem with their networking code and that they’re working to fix it.

This is completely absurd. I was patient for over a month, and now I’m pissed.

1 Like

This would be a great game if only the online aspect of it was fixed. With these constant interruptions players can’t even start hardcore characters for fear that, lo and behold, connection interrupted, player dead. If this were a minor thing for only a few people it would be one thing, but this is a top Google search. That tells me this isn’t a completed game. A completed game would have gone through testing to ensure something like this doesn’t happen with a large number of players. And the response from blizzard? Radio silence. If anyone finds a solution to this i’d love to hear it, since i know i wont be getting any help from blizzard.

3 Likes

Same. Nothing else disconnects just diablo 2. This is some amateur game development.

5 Likes

I am constantly being disconnected. Unplayable.

4 Likes

unplayable. Sometimes 1 minute, sometimes 10 minutes, but always eventually d/c

4 Likes

Same here.

Started some time last week…

2 Likes

I have lost 30% xp on my lvl 92 sorc today because of this.

3 Likes