Comprehensive Wishlist for Future Patch

Read the topic, proposed buffs say remove Indestructible, which means it would be able to drop ethereal (which is why I presume the proposed change was made) and I’m all for this change.
And while I would like an super rare version of a super rare weapon to be better then Grief, I think the difficulty of the game has already become to low and putting in weapon even more OP than Grief (and not even by a small margin) instead of nerfing Grief would mean it will go the way of D3 and in 2 years time we all kill ubers at level 9.

TyM should be the best item in the game indeed, but it should not be insane.
With +2 skills it would be among the best, not always beating all others in every way, but in some situations the best.
With 3 skills it would become the best allround and only the need for teleport would be a reason to choose enigma.
With 3 skills and an aura granting 103% all resistance (which could even be placed on a mercenary) would make this item insane.
Torch/Anni/TyM could then put you on +73 CLF on Hell diff.
Personally would like it to go more into a increase max resistance to CFL (as in feel a bit like the better Guardian Angel which Tyrael basically is a Guardian Arch-Angel).
Maybe remove the 30@ and replace it with 15 increased @ and add +2 skills, would make still make it my number 1 go to (if I had one) when I don’t really really want teleport (I personally often skip the enigma because it takes allot of the fun away).

Just rule that drops of creatures above non-traversible area’s are dropped on the nearest piece of traversible area (would be a nice one for doing arcane as well).

2 Likes

i indeed didnt read it carefully, sry

i agree, imo grief should be nerfd before adding power to any other weapon

imo, TyM needs 2 AllSkill, 1 Tele Oskill, and 4 sockets along with the removal of “rest in peace” mod. No auras for it imo, cross class kills class identity and harm MP where each player could have a exclusive role

Personally rather not have a secondary and upgraded enigma and if cross class identity matters than teleport should not be added, the 4 sockets would make this just to insane, mechanic whale armors are considered very strong (and they can be), but this thing would give strength which can sometimes make up for the life of whale or atleast partly, then you add decent defense, damage vs demons, frw, @resm cannot be frozen, no str req at all and +2skills?
Except for +20/-20 from 4 facets, 60ias and 160ed in this armor would be beyond godly for some builds, but many for which you would not wear a whale would still be beyond OP if done with this item.

but that boat has already sailed so its to late to start removing cross class from the game (which i would agree with), not to mention that the game suffers from a big problem in which it is not worth killing trash monsters which makes ignoring them and flying over them with enigma meta

wanna talk about making trash worth? sure but until there tele is THE option for 6/7 classes and it needs competition

sry but i dont see how to make it any good to compete against enigma, coh and fort without making it really good, borderline to OP

That sentence was based on this, you didn’t want an aura because of cross class, but you did want teleport, just noting thats cross class as well.

About the rest I often play without enigma, infact only had a few enigma’s in all the years playing.
You don’t really need to fly over everything, trash mobs drop runes as well, but I do agree that thrashing might be buffed somewhat in mf terms and that TyM should be stronger than enigma, just not another enigma but superior to it, I think 1 was to many already (yeah if it was up to class skills would be limited to the class it belongs to and possible mercs).

4 socks in it would not be borderline OP, it would be passing through the neighbouring country as well, even without also giving it +2 skills this would be OP.

I personally like the guardian angel idea in usefullness and giving it a bit a lore base, and 15 max @res is pretty strong when not having to go for a lesser armor like GA as a consequence, would make it more diverse than another of the runewords with a buff added as well.
There are probably allot more ideas what could be done with it and there is no 1 perfect answer, it’s however quite easy to overdo something and since D2 doesn’t change what is done slapping in another OP item would hurt the game more than help it.
Socket I think are often overlooked in how much power they can create.

the gameplay doesn’t need many improvements, a different lobby might be nice.

things they absolutely have to fix:

1. terrible loading times

things that probably would make the game better:

1. improvements to other mercenaries, or nerfs to a2, which they did a little bit. you will never be able to get away from a “best choice”, but at the minimum, a2 shouldnt be the best for like every class.

things that sound worse the more i think them through:

1. unique changes. if you make uniques better, you just make the game easier. unique finding is wayyyyyy more fun than rune finding and it really sucks to find things that were awesome in .09 that suck now, but since runewords for hell ez mode already exist, you probably shouldn’t add new or change existing uniques to make it any easier. if anything, rune words should be nerfed to be more on par with uniques, which doesn’t justify how hard it is to find the runes. but if you nerf a runeword, something else just becomes BiS.

Same argument can be made for additional tabs.

Why hinder someone else’s storage needs based on your own playstyle? If you don’t want to use the additional storage tabs, don’t.

3 Likes

Remove immunities.
Re balance items so runewords aren’t bis. They should be a tier below uniques.
Nerf teleport.
Remove xp loss on death.
Remove scrolls and just give identify and town portal as abilities players have at all times. Make the portal have a long cast time like in D3 so you can’t just spam it to get outta trouble.
Add transmog.
Make hit rating less important to help melee out.
Separate charm inventory.
Ability to edit character appearance including gender.
And most important more tabs, like waaaay more tabs.

1 Like

and i have been asking to replace sorc’s tele with warp or something and leave tele for enigma and something else

whats your reference? how much faster would you be with this version of TyM instead of enigma, CoH or Fort in some specific scenario?
Lets say you do trav in 1 min with CoH on barb, how much faster would you be with this TyM?

Tbh hate that idea (at least if iirc it was giving a cooldown to the sorc teleport, if not ignore this part as it is based on that presumption), let the sorceress keep her class skill and take the tele away from other classes that were never balanced on having it.
Just leave it as charges on items, and make higher run speed easier to achieve.

Would all depends on the scenario and even more on what your build needs.
Travi has many demons thus that would be a plus for CoH, you don’t need to run far again advantage for the CoH, but what matters more is do you need another 60ias for your build to shine or not, or would it be benificial to replace your Raven with something else.
I mean an amazon with Mist Grand Matron would go could manage 3.13aps with 4 socks and only 2.78, or 3.57 vs 3.13 with a Matriarchal Bow, thats max aps for an ama.
While a dual Grief Phase will be at max 5aps with either armour.
A charged strike zon can even get max aps with a facet griffon and a full facet jewelers shield when having 4 socks in the armor.
So how much do you need the 60ias and what do you need on the side 60 res, 160ed, 60max.

Does your infinity merc break the immunities by a mile or only just, +20/-20 from facets does allot more when immunity is only just broken.
Say you get the situation where inf breaks the opp immu and puts the monster on 99% res the -20 from facets would increase damage by dealing a base damage of 1000 it would raise damage from 10 to 210, a factor of 21x, however if the monster had say 25% res to start with it would be the difference of 1600 CoH vs 1800 TyM, allot less impressive, though the ones that are at very high res are always the ones you’ll struggle with so when you need it TyM would be allot better then CoH if you could add 4 facets.
Not facturing in the 20% bonus damage from the facets atm, because a light sorc hard notices this while a Fissure druid or other caster that doesn’t have mastery mechanics definitely would, but this again makes for very high variable.

So its very hard to say how much stronger a random build will become as its all based on what they need.
What you can say is it 4 socket can change certain situations where you can all of a sudden reach new break points or use 4 more facets which will pack a punch, but might in dire situation become a mighty wallop.
The fact that you can add things that cannot be added through charms and often limited on gear is what makes sockets so strong, I mean want more DR add 4 Bers and you get 32% DR (ok a shaftstop with Ber or Perfect Leviathan with Ber will give even more, but these armor cannot compete with the other stats on TyM even now, so not even near with the +2 skills).
Who knows maybe you need 60ias and 400 plain attack rating.

In weapons however this would become even more deadly, as with for example 3 socks (like say the new version of The Grand Father we were also talking about) all of a sudden you could add 60 Crushing Blow or 60 Crit Chance or reach new breakpoints based on weapon ias (the one proposed could go from 6.25 aps to 12.5 aps when dual wielding while having a spare socket for a Zod if you get the ethereal one).
Again how impactfull this is depends on needs just like the armor.

well, i just think its easier to make every class (including the amazon with a buff to her fcr frames) wishes to have an enigma than it is to give every class a natural skill as good as tele. If we are talking about leveing tele basically to sorce i just cant agree with it bc this sorce infested game will become a sorce only game

you have brought some very specific scenarios

i know dps wise builds will just improve, plain and simple, but my question is how tangible will it be better as far as kill/time is concerned?
to ilustrate my point, i tested coh and enigma on my trav barb with dual hoto on switch…
enigma beat coh by 5 sec, making 1:05min for coh and about 1:00 for enigma…
with this TyM version, it would be like wearing an enigma and a coh at the same time…
so i would problably land at 0:55-0:58 a run.
My point is, we can have a pretty close idea of how it would look like and when i think about it, it would be a very small increment

Most classes have their own movement skill already, sorceress version is just allot better, but can be had as charges on a amulet, circlet or on a staff under W.

actually you did, how much time would you save running Travi
first factor is time (ignoring survivability and going purely for damage output in a certain area)
second factor is location (stone throw from WP so movement speed is basically no longer important)
third factor known enemies with little deviation and always demons (which also has an impact).

I mean unless you specifically need something on the CoH (like the res or maybe even the 20 strength) you could do the same run with a Arkaine’s Valor without switching other gear pieces and the time wouldn’t deviate allot either, does that mean the Valor and CoH or similar power?
CoH allows you to free up 65 @res elsewhere, doesn’t require 165str (unless you used a bad armor) and even grants 20, but if you don’t redesign you character you would not be making use of this fact.
Now I don’t think Kill/Time is the only equation you have to factor in, in MF runs you could add 120mf to the new TyM for example making it the highest MF armor with +2 skills and it would have allot more extra’s, survivability etc.
If raw dps was the only thing that matters every barb would max strength, however they max vit because they rather survive and keep hitting than hit a little harder and die often.
But even if you did, not using the new option having 60ias or 4 facets on an already strong (if the 2 skills are added) armor is basically just not doing any comparison at all.
Maybe your build needs a 45ias helmet + nosf belt to work, now you add 4 ias jewel to armor and can choose any belt/helmet you want.

I tried to explain you can’t determine how much better an item is based on 1 specific run with 1 specific build.
So I gave examples going both ways, the ones where the armor shows its power and the ones that it does not add much (but does become weaker then CoH either, can’t even think of one where it would be weaker than CoH tbh)
If you would do a Travi a Cry Barb with CoH once then switching to the imp. TyM you would not see any difference then RNG of the Council Members, but 4os would allow you to potentially switch other gear pieces because you no longer need certain things on them or just add load more res/life of whatever and Cry Barb would be one of the worst examples for exploiting open sockets.
Switch to a cow level, including fetching the leg, with an amazon and comparing the CoH vs new TyM you would see very high differences, the amazon is actually a good example of a character that can fully exploit the 4os.
The bowazon can reach new levels of attack speed while having a higher run speed and even more raw damage, something that hard to calculate here is how many extra proc’s could this give and would it make certain items (like atma start to outweigh a highlord, depening on bow used), can you keep things permafrozen or not.
The Javazon CS or LF could easier reach max aps or choose to add +20 skill damage and -20 resistance (as would many work for most casters or even spellmelee chars like fireclaws or dream builds).

And in all these situations I’m not even taking the +1 tele into account as it would be making CoH and Enigma obsolete at the same time, just comparing CoH to new TyM as teleport basically changes the rules of the game again.

Your test simply ignores these option and does not try to find the potential of adding +2 skills and 4os to TyM.
And running TyM with 2sk, tele and 4os is not the same as running CoH and Enigma at the same time, as again it would be ignoring 4os to start with.
But even than 1m05 vs 1m00 vs 0m55 is not a small increment, it would be a decrease in time of 15.3% vs the CoH and 8.3% vs enigma and that on Travi without actually using its potential.
To me it feels more like asking a random tourist in London about his opinion of the city and taking that reaction as the worlds view on the UK, instead of doing global research.

1 Like

Rare items need to have their limiters removed and high level rares should be more likely to spawn with good stats (budget-gear power level). Certain stats that were only possible on uniques/runewords need to be able to spawn on rare items. Godly rare items should be those one of the kind things but also something nearly unimaginable.

Imagine if someone has this following rare item drop for them:

Mesh Belt
20% fire/lightning resistance
Cannot be Frozen
+1 to Zeal
Level 5 Conviction Aura when equipped

All of a sudden it’s an awesome melee Enchantress item out of nowhere. And it would be one of a kind on the server. If rares can spawn with all kinds of effects (occasionally) instead of being limited to the boring ones that they are currently stuck with, then it really opens up all kinds of possibilities, especially for people who like unconventional builds.

1 Like

Under General Changes

• Magic find now works within the party. Whenever a player kills a minion of Hell, party members within range contribute their magic find percentage to the magic find used for item(s) drop quality.

• Added Countess special Rune drop to all super uniques and golden chests.

• Added cube recipe to break down gems in the Horadric Cube; a gem of any type other than chipped + a key will result three gems of one quality lower.

2 Likes

I agree on 90% of changes, I’d add this:

• shows iLvl of items
  • allow to filter out stackables, like potions, keys, scrolls, arrows/bolts, etc.
4 Likes

Immagine a new event, Uber Butcher! He swings his Cleaver with such ferocity that when it lands, you will be surely slain! He needs to be super fast, have at least 2x the life of Uber D, and have the ability to teleport! He shall be immune to Crushing Blow but possess no resistances of any kind. He has a chance to drop his infamous Cleaver upon death, and can drop somthing like an upgrade to your torch or something like a Unique grand charm with +5 to a Skill tab along with +15 - +30 stats and offer magic resistance up to 30%.

#Make Diablo 2 great again.

2 Likes

Yes, because what the game needs is more +skills and stat sticks…

While we are at it, let’s pull other d3 fights into D2…

Yes, it does! We also need a way to counter magic damage. Furthermore, +5 skill tab wiuld be very beneficial because it could free up space for mfing, and further specialize for PvP. Skill tab as in only 1 tree for 1 character, not all skills.

Right, because freeing up inventory space wouldn’t just introduce more charms…

Now if there were a “charm pouch” similar to the cube and charms only held in the pouch affected the character and those in the regular inventory didn’t apply to character stats…