Comprehensive Wishlist for Future Patch

Equip a barb combat GC and see how much you’re damage goes up. :rofl:

Its a meme at this point.

Agreed, that’s why I have a whole section in the OP dedicated for buffing elite versions of unique items and would be a great way to make them more prominent in the end game.

1 Like

I am aware, but It’s still not enough to make melee competitive. Putting 25% chance crushing blow on all melee attacks feels wrong and not in spirit with the game. It’s also weird because melee doesn’t really need help in normal mode, it’s only late game they start to struggle, and I would very much like melee builds to see some love.

Adding 1% chance of crushing blow per 10 points of str feels more in line with how characters grow as they level up, and opens up some options gear wise, because crushing blow is just too important for melee, and there aren’t a ton of items that have it.

The only way to make melee viable is to nerf the damage on aoe spells. The original synergy math is fine in a world where everyone doesn’t rock an anni, a torch, an entire inventory of skill charms, and for lightning an Infinity, but it’s crap in a world where people do.

Do they nerf things though? Nope they keep buffing more and more non-melee builds.

Things like Blizzard/Lighting Sorc/Javazon/Hammerdin/Fohadin ect would be fine if they did 1/3 to 1/2 the damage they do now. It would bring melee a lot closer to not feeling like crap.

If all casters were on a similar level to Elemental Druid or Bone Necro things would be fine. Instead they’re too busy buffing Bowazon which absolutely didn’t need it, and making Fohadin into the Chaos Machine that it is now.

Don’t think that is really the point of this thread its more to do with the disparity between runewords and unique items. Treasure class 87 more so.

Casters are so in front of melee at this point it would require reworking the skills. Unsure how people feel about this, I myself have no issues.

This guy has a point too that you cant keep buffing items and classes.

OP has stated , finding GF sword is not fun because in todays version of the game it sucks , and it shouldn’t be that far behind even a basic runeword like Oath or the new one that requires a fal rune.

I mean look at an Arreats vs Halaberd’s reign , you would think the Arreats would be the high level item but its not.

Imho simple buffing won’t make it. The right way is improve unique items is to add some really unique affixes to various items, like:

• Ume’s Lament - “Decrepify you apply lowers current life of an enemy by 33%” or “Decrepify you apply doesn’t override and cannot by overridden by other curses”
  • Manald’s Heal - “Potions heal double amount of life and mana”
  • Corpsemourn - “Corpse Explosion strength and radius is increased by 100%”

etc. Of course, that won’t be easy, but should be done 22 years ago.

For sets, something like that should also be done, I mean unique affix for completion, however it might be a really powerful one, like for Trang-Oul set “50% of your spell damage is leeched as life”. Moreover, all sets should have bonuses for individual items for each added item from a set, not only some of them, like ex. Tal-Rasha.

1 Like

I really like this idea of adding unique affixes such as this one on Manald’s Heal as this would truly make these items unique.

Angelic Halo

• Add 10% Faster Run/Walk

Angelic Wings

• Add Level 3 Teleport [30/30 Charges]

Why no endgame addition to this whishlist? It’s the most important feature D2 doesn’s have. Item rebalance is pointless if there’s nothing to use good gear for, people clear hell semi naked. We need a proper endgame system or even a hell-2, just something to make use of OP gear.

In the section “INTRODUCE CUT CONTENT” in the OP, I’m proposing to the developers to add a Guild System, which is among D2’s original cut content and intended to add a layer of progression to the endgame, with particular focus on multiplayer.

Also, I’m proposing for a new optional zone “The Black Tower” added to the City of the Damned area in Act 4. Act 4 is the shortest in the game with three quests and no optional zones. Map tileset would be similar to the beauitful Pandemonium Fortress.

2 Likes

I agree adding unique abilities to unique items would be super fun, they have to be extremely careful about it.

Avoid % damage boosts to skills all together. A bow that makes it so multi-shot hits twice or a bow that doubles the freeze time on freezing arrow is amazing on it’s own, you don’t need to tack a 360% increased skill damage to it as well.

The outrageous power creep from D3 should be avoided in D2, and “increasing the strength of corpse Explosion by 100%” is a road i don’t want to go down.

Bring back 6 socket armors!

It was just an example of making an item more unique. I agree that it should be done very carefully, the goal is to have truly unique, even build-enabling, not overpowered uniques.

Agreed. The last thing we need is outrageous power creep and should be completely avoided in D2R. With that said, if done carefully, could be a welcome change.

I agree

Adding items and balancing stuff is giving a bottle of water to somebody in the desert

Adding endgame activities is drilling him a well of abondant fresh water which also allows him to grow crops and breed animals

We need over powered uniques to compete with op rune words! The dev team for 1.10 gave us op stuff like grief, dragon, and fortitude. We can hope that D2R has item revamps for uniques in the future. Competition for most op items in a patch.

And people will still cry

Hell, I proposed buff to uniques that was still weaker than runeword

And people cried that it was Op lol

No. We need truly unique uniques whose will compete with runewords thanks to their unique affixes (see examples). Runewords still will be pinnacle of raw power.

Other quick example - White wand created in +3 Bone Spear +3 Corpse Explosion +3 some useful curse outcompetes other equipment choices for Bonemancer, and that is fine. However, imagine Boneshade will get additional affix “Your Teeth, Bone Spear and Bone Spirit are double cast after 0.1s” - now the choice is not that simple.

Well, I hope my proposed buffs to uniques in the OP are reasonable and done with a measured hand to avoid any power creep.

Maps like - Infernal pit or Abaddon Pit could they add more like, red portals who are in every acts =) goes to diffrents of map areas could be lvl 85 =)) Same dropp chance and no new items, i think end gaming can be more fun =)

2 Likes