Comprehensive Wishlist for Future Patch

Are we feeling like we are left out and that it’s unfair?

Grief and Enigma are too OP as they are BiS. I think a lot of BiS items should get an overhaul or scrapped for one season and let the old ones from the past remain on NL. They should just come with new runewords entirely and replace or change every 1.10 runeword because they’re just too powerful when compared to uniques.

Nobody wants to use the old school weapons like Lightsabre or Baranar’s star or even the buffed IK maul because they’re just not powerful. Besides melee, runewords like spirit are atrocious insults to otherwise useful 1.09 uniques like Lidless and occulus, making them not as sought after or a worry to get. Not saying items like Occulus are bad, but for its rarity it sort of is when compared to a 35%fcr 100+ mana spirit crystal sword that can be made extremely early.

Buffing old unique items isn’t enough. The real problem are the OP 1.10 runewords and ladder runewords. Just give us something different for a season or take out the ladder runewords from 1.10 for a change entirely. Game gets so stale I hardly play it anymore because I’m already at the power level to just be content.

Would be nice to have a different challenge of obtaining new and exciting runewords that never existed before instead of always having to worry about making a dumb enigma hoto spirit monarch etc. just my opinion.

2 Likes

I agree with you that melee is at a general disadvantage compared to casters in terms of clear speed, but adding melee splash is definitely not the answer.

In the OP under GENERAL CHANGES, I listed one bullet point suggesting the developers should increase base weapon damage across the board to help all physical builds. This change would go a long way helping to level the playing field.

Ha ha no. I even do little mf.

In general, I agree melee splash feels like a cheap fix but… in today’s aRPG environment the inability to clear packs in mass makes all melee builds feel clunky by default. It is a solution to the problem but I think there are bigger issues at play for sure.

Personally, I would make melee splash a item and select skill stat. i.e. Zeal gets no bases AoE, but Vengeance does. Providing additional identify to each skill. Zeal can get AOE but you’d have to invest via itemization and reaching 100%+ would come at a major down side of single target damage, lack of CB, Deadly Strike, etc. (Wolf Feral = no base AoE, Bear maul = AoE, Barb frenzy = No base AoE, WW = 100% AoE further investment increase range. etc)

If you want 100% melee splash you’d have to invest in it from multiple sources, like you do with crushing blow. It shouldn’t be one items gives you 100% damage in an large area every swing. Lesser percent of damage applied to AoE, smaller radius, something that you work to ramp up. Then it’s an interactive, build planning, investment not just a box to check off for the new BiS Item.

• % increase Splash = radius and damage %. (investing over 100% give larger radius but no additional damage beyond 100%)

In my head this radius is maybe 1 monster per 15%, 6@100%, 12@300%, has no effect on bosses (no shot gunning). There would be draw backs if you have to invest in it as I stated previously. I am opposed to just dropping a single jewel in like POD did. (Which was cool but felt more like a required check box than a choice.)

Just tossing out the idea.

1 Like

I completely agree that Spirit negates alot of uniques in the game and the developers should consider toning down this runeword, such as:

• Spirit: Change to +1 To All Skills

I purposely avoided suggesting nerfs in the OP because I wanted to focus the discussion on buffing underused items and skills.

1 Like

Enigma is fine tbh , they just need other alternatives to tele without chargers, what if they added the tele affix to Coh and Fort? Enigma would be dead as they are better armours. Maybe not Fort as it only requires a Lo rune. But I think you get my point.

Grief on the other hand is broken, but if you remove it or nerf it you are effectively nerfing melee as nothing comes close to it and melee suck already compared to casters.

What they should do is make runewords like Destruction which require insane amounts of high runes, the best weapons, eth , indestructible , add the grief damage modifier to them, doesn’t need to be 350 - 400 damage but 200-300 at least.

2 Likes

Amulets and Rings could use a touch up too , Metalgrid comes to mind , Wisp etc etc

1 Like

One thing I was thinking about is Metalgrid’s Iron Golem disappearing when you exit the game, thereby permanently losing the item the golem was made from, which makes it limited in usage.

I would like to see the developers make Metalgrid Iron Golem persist between games. Same for all summons on charges, like oak sage or spirit of barbs from Wisp Projector.

Persistent summons would go along way to make these amulets and rings more desirable.

maybe we could get a super low drop set small charm 0.0 something drop chance from each of the ubers. that give +1 to a random set. meaning if you get a Natalya’s Odium small charm you can use that small charm to replacement one part of the set and still get the full set bonus. like for example the weapon if you got a better weapon you wanna use.

1 Like

A Few things, One… I’d like to request that Open Battlenet be added to this list. Being able to have an un-moderated play area, letting us download our multiplayer characters and play them on the open bnet, allowing all the people who like that maphack thing and the bots and whatever other mods to have a place to play that is ABSOLUTELY NOT serious or competitive would help to keep that sort of thing off of the official servers and the ladder, as well as allowing the players we would otherwise lose forever to still have a place they could play and those of us who want to go play WITH them could do so.

Also, I’d recommend adding some type of damage to gloom, whether its magic damage on attack, or a damage percentage like fortitude has, it’d be much more useful then. I DO use gloom sometimes, for archer mercenaries when i can’t afford to build a fortitude for them. If gloom had damage on it then for archers i’d actually KEEP gloom on them, but for melee mercs i’d switch to fortitude because its more tanky.

Overall this is a REALLY good list, and Blizzard should frigging look at it REAL HARD because THIS would make the game much better. Hopefully you understand what i mean about open Bnet… i really think itll help in multiple ways and even make the normal servers better just because there’d be no reason to cheat or mod there, people would just do it on open bnet where it belongs.

OH!!! and one more thing… The CLASS SET ITEMS… They need to be reworked. If nothing else at LEAST allow the nat’s boots for the assassin to be upgraded, because frankly kick damage requires that item upgrade, but the rest of the class sets really should be reworked. Like…why does necro have fireballs… who wanted that? who thought that was thematic? It never was…its pointless and almost noone ever uses it in full. Same with most of the sets really… honestly there ARE no proper sets for level 40+. Getting a full set together should be an accomplishment that actually provides some real utility, not the joke it is now.

2 Likes

just want to add “by default. Users may opt to see games regardless of time if they wish.” Some trade, dueling, and free games do go on for a while and are still worth joining.

I kind of want an explanation as to why people want this? I think i have an idea, but hiding games after a time limit doesn’t seem like the best solution. Like it works for some game types but not others?

This would be amazing. When creating (or searching) a game you can select a game type from a list, saving you the very limited space you have for game name and game description. The option to like "search pvp games, checks box ‘no time limit’ would be super cool.

Should probably address an old issue as well for quest based games. Like, add an “objective achieved” or “target quest completed” so people trying to join games to do actual quests know if the quest is still active and available before they join.

1 Like

How about give 1% crushing blow chance per 10 points in strength? Give melee a reason to raise strength beyond “meet gear requirements you’re done?” Like if my str is 100 i have a 10% chance of crushing blow, but if I bothered to put 500 points in str now my crushing blow chance is 50%. I am surprised at how balanced this idea sounds for leveling in general and reconsidering stat attributes?

you do get a damage bonus from strength based on what type of weapon and skill you’re character is using. investing in strength can give you a decent bonus to damage for melee characters.

Hope for patch 2.5 New Uber Areas - like - The Arreat Summit, think about it, this 3 barbarians, in Uber level =) that small area could be intresseting have fight on =)…

Or - Travincal in act 3 =)… I think D2 needs more end gaming!

3 Likes

Introducing more Uber content to the game would be well received, such as Blood Raven, Travincal, Guardians Of Mount Arreat, etc…

1 Like

yep. and something for greater marsh. most useless zone in act 3. some cool game event there could really improve act 3.

I’m talking about the ORIGINAL sprite graphics, you can switch to them by pressing G key by default

IMO the main problem is a lot of items (and skills) are underpowered.

1 Like

Equip a barb combat GC and see how much you’re damage goes up. :rofl:

Its a meme at this point.