Class Changes We All Support

It should look like when you shoot whit a flamethrower. Like the ones they used in the World Wars. Now that’s brutal. And dmg in a small cone.

1 Like

I wish Inferno looked like burning hands from Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance.

1 Like

yes, it could look much better… but that’s not the point.

It just got buffed with the intention of being a hybrid spell, and it synergyses with a great passive. If it can compete with Firewall it will be used.

In it’s current state it could not compete with Hydra. Making Hydra another defacto hybrid spell would take Inferno back into unusable.

yeah there are a lot of viable builds but not too many that get powerful simply due to the amount of synergies required. Which is why i go Frozen orb usually. You only need to max the orb and enough points into cold mastery to get to -100 res. I was thinking about running FO, nova this ladder but am torm as it would be a little to fragile in the early going.

Nova doesnt sync very well with FO tbh, at least I didn’t like it… they both kinda cover the same thing… large AoE… neither is good vs single target. Also I didn’t quite like nova sorc when not using ES, and that kind of takes most synergies away as you’ll have between 0-20 points to spare until lvl95 depending on the lvl of ES you go for.

So dunno, I wouldnt pick Nova as a start build on ladder… to face tank mobs as a sorc requires some gear you wont have for a while.

1 Like

I realize you don’t have to max them for them to be good, but not being maxed they don’t go as fast when you are trying to farm. I do agree this should come with a small nerf too the abilities by a bit. But hammerdin can literally farm anywhere faster then even a blizzard sorc. Because magic damage just isn’t as resisted. This more about long term balance rather then it needs to be done now.

I have a few simple changes though I’d like to see done. Give fire golem blaze for extra fire damage and speed, and restore the double holy fire. Remove the duration synergies of hurricane and Armageddon just integrate them, it’s not like pala aura except prayer need mana they also basically last forever, remove the the mana cost on prayer.

I think they forgot all about rabies on the druid :confused: Even with maxed out gear u might reach aroun 50-60k poison damage but with a 20 sec + duration ur actual dps is 2.5-3 k which is really far from any other build. Cant think of any reason to wait 20 sec to kill one pack of mobs. By the time u kill 3 packs ur equally geared amazon have cleared the entire chaos sanctuary

yes

Rabies - needs more work than just synergy boost
Lycanthropy - yes

Warcry - yeah, whatever
Leap attack - Whirlwind is the signature AoE attack. How would this change be different to 20pt whirlwind with 1-pt leap attack? Or a warcry barb with 1-pt leap attack? This change add’s nothing new to the game…

yes

No… Hydra-Meteor-Fireball is already powerful enough. If they want to create more hybrid flexibility, I suggest they change synergy to enchant, so hydra does not stack with fireball builds. Firewall dies and becomes useless if Hydra is too easy to synergise or too powerful.

It’s the lack of lower resists that does this, but I don’t think rabies is a full build but half a build like ice orb. I’d like them to rework spirit of barbs as a poison support aura then it at least be unique.

It’s not only lack of lower resist. 50-60 k divided with 20 sec is still only 2.5-3 k lower resist or not which is pretty bad to begin with when u consider this is a maxed out char. Compared to other builds this is a joke

2 Likes

Yeah, rabies is a fun build and would like to see further buffs to make it more competitive.

1 Like

The 20s duration on Rabies does have one major advantage over other skills - It’s easy to activate all mobs in Chaos Sancuary Run-bys…

1 Like

That is true, can’t argue with that :slight_smile:

Changing the fireball synergy to enchant for hydra is interesting and curious what other people think?

1 Like

Stacking 2 pretty useless skills together is kind of silly… I rather have synergy with firebolt and remove fireball as synergy and make the buff from 3 to 6%. This way you can use hydra as a secondary skill so you can have a second element.

Dual element skills are a lot of fun but rather underwhelming in end game gear. Wanna see interesting sorcs in end game? Remove a bunch of synergies so you can choose 2 elements and not feel like you are nerfing yourself.

As for enchant, I recon this skill goes very well with Nova… certainly now it got static field synergy.

2 Likes

I agree on hydra having synergy with firebolt and remove fireball and buff from 3 to 6%. Simple and effective change.

the game before synergies was just people picking the top skill from each tree and ignoring points into literally anything else. Some wouldn’t even spend points while leveling and melee all their way to lvl 30.

Removing the synergy mechanic would return to that: making a lot of skills unused, and making the leveling process less rewarding.

The idea of synergies is good; they just need to be more balanced. And on that same vibe… giving fire a third 2-synergy skill would invalidate Fire Wall and the newly buffed Inferno. Everyone would ignore those two as possible hybrid skills because Hydra is way better.

1 Like

Synergies is fine, but maxing a skill costing 80 skillpoints is a little, much? It can do with less… damage output it’s not going to change because it’s tied to cast rate/ias anyway.

2 Likes

not really, only a few skills have 3 synergies and the synergies often cover areas the main skill would lack. For example, Blizzard is an AoE skill, but it has synergy with ST spells. You can use both while playing.

There are some 3 synergy skills that are simply bad, and should be buffed, like Fire Blast, or the necro golems, but they are the exception rather than the rule.

Hydra is not one of those skills. It could be buffed and do a little more dmg; but taking out one synergy would do more harm than good for the fire tree as a whole.

If we take sorc for this example… the 3 main elements, and their keys skills, each require 80-100 skillpoint investment for max damage (80 skills, 20 mastery, or in case of fireball 60 points and 20 mastery) and there’s no real option to go dual element unless you nerf yourself. This is what I meant.

Damage output doesn’t change, just being able to go 2 element and not nerf yourself would.

Want more interesting builds, reduce the amount of synergies to max something.

2 Likes