Character selection sorting

How hard is it to sort your characters by last played?

For 2.4 being a patch focused on “quality of life” there really isn’t anything implemented that actually improves QOL. I suppose improved tool tips are more useful… :eyes:

2 Likes

Seeing as this is how the character list currently sorts… Not that hard?

It refreshes every time you log in… :eyes:

Um… No it doesnt? Every time I log in, it goes to the Character I last played with.

Try switching to another character? All my ladder characters are all near the bottom of the list… I haven’t played nonladder since start.

That is really strange… I have switched, all of my Ladder characters are up at the top. I was on my mule last, and that is top of the list, went on my sorc, logged off, top of list.
Not sure whats up with yours, is there a setting somewhere I wonder?

I would log in and share a ss but the servers are now down :rofl:

Bump, I have the same issue but it just started happening. It didn’t happen at the start of 2.4. I play a char, it goes to the top of the list. But when i exit the game and then log back in its reset with all Ladder chars at the bottom.

1 Like

This is still an issue, it happens to me too.

I tried to fix it by deleting the settings folder, but the problem did not go away. Any more things I could try? Maybe something in the windows registry?

1 Like

I would rather be able to drag and drop heroes into sub categories and organize them in the order that I see fit

I deleted all my nonladder characters and this still requires me to shift through mules to on every log in.

I am having this problem as well. I want my main character to stay at the top. ( i have like 7 made but have only played 1 of them so far). It always defaults to the first character i made. Not the last character i played.

1 Like

The issue still exists.

1 Like

Same problem. Started after i reinstalled the game. Now the most recently played character is at the bottom of the list instead of at the top. So annoying!

Edit:
It turns out the order can be fixed by entering a game with every character on the list, and moving an item to or from the stash.
After doing this for all my characters, the list is now again most recently played on top.

I think it might be due to the item being moved forcing an update to the local character file, but i’m not sure.

3 Likes

Same problem here…also in terror zones the monsters are not marked terrorized, but drop sunders :smiley:

Also wont start from desktop anymore with launcher in background.

This was fixed last ladder but this season it’s back…My Ladder char is in the middle of the list.

Had the same issue after reinstalling Windows, all character were randomly sorted.
When I played with a char, it moved to top, but as soon as I restarted D2R, chars were randomly sorted again (ladder chars at the bottom).
Making a game with every char (starting with no ladder), moving something in the chest solved the issue.

Thank you @Esocan !

Same issue here, any plan for a fix Blizzard?
Thx

1 Like

Seriously? A fix? Muhahahahahhahaha …
maybe on a cold day in hell …

we got 20+ year old issues and new ones created every day that a current dev touches the game …

A fix! LMFAO!

Wishful thinking maybe … very wishful.

They can’t even move cain back in act 5 w/o breaking the game … much less revert online chat or even reinstate tcp/ip … this is why many of us will NOT buy into any other franchise aspects of D2 … they’ve proven how bad they can get … just look at Diablo Immoral, and D4 … ultimate trash. The proof: doesn’t even sell @ 67% off!!! Hahahahahahhaa, what a smack in the face!!!

They need to trash the underskilled current devs and bobby-lovers … that’s a start … then go from there …

especially get rid of the “Well you have cell phones, don’t you?” and “You dont want that, trust me.” [trying to tell me what I want, me the gamer that actually buys and plays the game doesn’t know what he wants?] group. They’ll keep ruining the franchise. They are worthless. The most patronizing, degrading thing a gaming company can do to it’s cash base. The most atrocious arrogance and high-and-mighty attitude I have EVER seen!

They are so out of touch with your player base that it’s pathetic.

They do NOT listen. This why the cash flow is not what they pretended it to be … they are faking it! that’s why each so-called new development has been in support of botting, to show a phony cash flow. They generate sales by selling cd-keys to botters. They sure pulled the wool over YOUR eyes. You overpaid for the company you bought. You’ve been had.