Character missing after exiting game

yes I dont know if anyone should be playing if their time could be lost at any moment. This is a pretty messed up bug lol.

I’d say… basically unplayable except as a demo at the moment

Online character disapeared… i was almost at the end of the first act

same thing happened with my sorc

I know I’m singing to the Choir but , WHERE THE HELL IS MY SORC. I played (Luckily) for the last few hrs. Logged off for 7min didn’t think anything of it . logged back in and its gone. WTF.

Got to act 5 NM with my hammerdin in single player mode. Exited for dinner, came back and rolled back to level 1 (was 54).

My lvl 28 sorc disappeared as well, tried to reclose and reopen the game. Do I have to start over?

1 Like

Same, in single player, I have lost two characters so far. First was necro up to countess, then lost my necro a second time in act 3 trav… i cannot keep making characters if they will not stick!!!

I think so. I lost a level 20 Druid. I found that his save is missing several files that another had. I think the game is not saving certain files that corrupts the characters.

Same thing here, I lost my level 26-28 Paladin that I had (ironically) played “offline” to not have to deal with rollbacks and whatnot until ladder comes out.

When I loaded the game up a character was there, but it was level 1 (might have been swapped for a character I deleted after considering multiplayer, but re-created 30 min later after deciding not to).

Thought it might be a UI bug and logged in to see a fresh level 1 Paladin with nothing but the things I put in the shared stash left.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me! My sor is gone! Level 16 Act 2. AAAAAA…

I played the “offline” mode. Can it be back?

1 Like

My lvl 22 offline sorc disappeared as well. What am i supposed to do now?

2 Likes

My offline character has disappeared, I saw some people got their characters back but I’m unsure if they were online or offline… Can anyone tell me if their offline characters have reappeared?
I can’t belive this is an issue for offline mode…

4 Likes

Same here loggeg in and my offline character was gone does anyone know if they will restore them too?

2 Likes

Offline character for me gone too. Bye lvl 15 Druid. Seriously, Blizz can you launch a Diablo game even one time without game breaking issues? -.-

2 Likes

Having the same issue - played in offline mode from the minute the game became available since I expected issues with online play.
I’ve created one of each class in both offline and online mode, but only put serious time in on the offline Necro - Finished Act 1 and logged for the evening.
Came back this morning to find that all the Lvl 1 characters are there, but the Lvl 16 Necro is missing.
Shared stash for the offline characters appears to be fine and all items and gold I dropped in there on the Necro remains available for the other characters.

3 Likes

Same here. Offline character disappeared after i quit game.

1 Like

Online character dissapeared after 4 hours of gameplay (all progress lost)

персонаж исчез хотя общие вещи в сундуке остались почините игру друид 38 левела.