Lost all Characters and progress after linking account

I started the game on Xbox and had played quite a bit. Finally decided to get the game on my PC as well. I linked my accounts, and then all of my stuff was gone, like I had never played the game before. I tried unlinking them, which made it so that I could not even play on my Xbox, as it just told me that I needed to re-link my account to play.

Same happened to me, just on PS instead.

Same exactly thing. PS.

Okay a little different in my case.

I had played the game a little on pc and a ton on playstation. so i had two barely played characters on pc and 1 with nearly 40 hours and some mule characters on ps5.

Started looking into cross progression because i wanted to move my ps5 characters to pc to do some leveling at the end of nightmare since multiplayer is near non existant on console right now.

After i connected my accounts it just replaced my ps5 characters with my barely played pc characters.

What’s weird to me is my account should have already been linked from playing the beta on ps5. When i tried to unlink them i got the same thing as you. Wouldn’t let me play the game until it was linked. Yet when i bought the full release i didn’t have to do anything. i just jumped right into the game.

Put in a support ticket and all they told me was to post what happened here. guessing there’s no recovering my characters. kind of kills my motivation to play the game.

Haven’t touched it since this happened as i didn’t want to do anything that would keep the characters from possible being recovered.

The only other game i’ve ever used cross progression for was destiny 2. and when i did that, it gave me the option of which account i wanted to use the progression from(pc or playstation) before it saved that account over the other one. I never saw any kind of option for that when i connected my playstation account to battle.net account for d2:r cross progression. It’s like it just defaulted to save the pc progression.

1 Like

i’d recommend everyone move to this thread. there seems to be a resolution for some with the same issue here and it worked for me.

basically make sure you check all your blizzard/battle.net accounts

many of us had multiple and just linked the wrong accounts.