Changes to PTR....some of these make no sense

MrLlama is essentially the lead developer at this point. If he said we needed 3 more acts and Halo’s Master Chief as a playable character, that’s exactly what they’d do.

These adjustments are a joke.

The only real issue with offensive auras was the passivity. Why not simply require attacks for the tick damage to proc?

I agree with everything you’ve said here OP.

4 Likes

D3 can be overcome by simply leveling, d2 takes a build, knowing enemies, and of course the right gear. In d3, you either finally get a drop, or you just get more paragon. No difficulty at all.

2 Likes

The “passive” argument is really silly anyway. If you have 7+HR investment into sorc you are just shift right clicking on blizz and everything dies in seconds anyway. Or now palis have to go back to hammerdin just spam out the hammers and then move on. It really isnt that different. And with holy fire you still have to single target ability on things.

2 Likes

Can everyone just tweet this thread to the devs? I’m pretty sure they don’t read the forums, so maybe they’d see it that way. Lol

The speed in which Hydra killed bosses is still slower than blizzard. Since I don’t believe in nerfing skills, bringing Hydra closer to live blizzard seems like a reasonable request. It wasn’t OP at all…

1 Like

Yeah, there was nothing OP about hydra at all. It wasn’t even close to being the most powerful sorc spell, so it’s utterly bizarre they nerfed it.

I seriously don’t think the devs know the game at all.

1 Like

There is literally nothing interesting about the patch now. How stupid.

2 Likes

DING DING DING. Does this man need to spell it out for you people? Look at Adam Fletcher’s twitter. NO MA’AM.

1 Like

They didn’t remove they just changed it OP to fairly strong skill.

Nonsense
Yeah, d3 itemization and leveling system are crap
But in d2 you can solo ubers in 12h of playthrough
You sure cant solo 150 in 12h in d3
Any average Joe can solo ubers, the same cant be said about gr150

Removing the changes to Holy Fire is the most ridiculous thing they could be doing…Three equipment repeated damage calculation BUG does not repair (triple damage), but to weaken the skills

100% agree hydra was great!

Removing the changes to Holy Fire is the most ridiculous thing they could be doing…Three equipment repeated damage calculation BUG does not repair (triple damage), but to weaken the skills。
Please devs try pure skill damage without Hand of Justice+Dragon on Hell difficulty。

1 Like

The difference is Ubers actually furthers your character, doing GR150 is just clout.

Ok
20charsarenotenough

I am a bit disappointed with this step back in the PTR. I liked the idea of having end games builds that would have been powerful. The idea of having a target finding all those high runes.

My ptr auradin with dual dream and hoj/dragon is still killing 95% of everything by just walking around in chaos sanctuary, before it was silly.

In players 1 chaos or what? They nerfed the regular dragon din though which wasn’t even really capable of doing P1 chaos.

Holy Fire was too powerful. I’m not talking about the end game, fully geared in HR. I did actual testing through normal/nightmare. I did not even need a weapon, because there was no need to attack… The damage ramps up at the higher levels of Holy Fire (10-20) and it can be maxed by level 25… I could just walk around 1 shotting the entire screen (just like the videos of max HR builds). It shouldn’t be possible for 1 class to just passively run through acts and not attack, while leveling. I did not gift the character any items, so he had the basic runewords you can get off of NM countess etc.

3 Likes

Why is blizzard making decisions based on a speed runner… Hit the gas blizz. shake this boring 20 year old meta up.

1 Like