Changes to PTR....some of these make no sense

Sorc Hydra:
Reverting the synergy back to what it was pre ptr patch makes them useless again…a lvl 30 skill…useless.

Sorc Light Nova:
The mana cost for this skill is far too high for the weak damage output. It needs a damage buff and/or a mana cost decrease. Most won’t use this and will stick with lightning.

Pally FOH:
This needs a complete rework. The dmg on FoH was just fine prepatch. I made a thread suggesting that we replace holy bolts with chain lighting (which would only impact enemies surrounding main target) and have synergies impact that aspect (chain lighting) only. Holy bolts are useless. From a skill perspective (foh is lightning after all), makes far more sense…wildly strong lightning strike comes down from the heavens amd the power so abundant that it chain lighting from original target (for those that care about skills making sense within the games established lore/world). This avoids completely destroying the pvp aspect of foh which is already top of the pack.

Pally Holy Fire:
It’s good on P1 terrible on everything else and horribly expensive. This isnt the type of character I would ever play but the nerf seems unnecessary

Devs, please stop basing every change you make off of some MrLlama video. He doesn’t spend enough time testing then overreacts to new skill changes.

40 Likes

Amen…
Removing the changes to Holy Fire is the most ridiculous thing they could be doing… It shows they only payed attention to Llama who only did a short video on a P1 game…

HDin is still far superior to any auradin and costs a fraction of the price, and auradin is still useless in P8, now again back to being useless in P1 thanks to Llama…

Horrible patch news tbh, very dissapointed.

11 Likes

It deserved a nerf. Who knows what else will change before release anyway?

Like I said though, I don’t like the auradin playstyle, but the nerf seems pointless. I believe FoH needs a complete rework and nova needs more dmg per mana spent and Hydra should go back to original ptr patch notes strength

2 Likes

They won’t. D2R literally exists because of his speed running.

2 Likes

Meh, not that concerned about the Holy Fire thing since I would never have played it due to both lack of interest and lack of high runes to do it. It’s definitely not OP for the reasons given by many, but any build based off 100% passive damage is not such a great idea. A damage aura should complement a build based on say, high single target dmg melee, giving it some AOE. Not be the only thing that does the damage.

On a positive note, looks like they de-nerfed were-druids. So there is that.

1 Like

His speed running is a joke anyway. Never does them online in open games. Same as dbrunski . I remember years ago when he actually did still play hardcore online he got tppk’d and cried like a child…well he was a kid but whatever.

3 Likes

Either way, the design direction seems to be in this weird state. Like they have one foot in the casual friendly camp, and one foot in the “hardcore” one. Their decisions end up displeasing both.

A sword that casts lower resist on enemies when they hit you? lol what?
A skill that makes enemies take more physical damage, but run away? lol what?
Counter intuitive at best.

If they want an active player base of either camp, they’re going to need to make better decisions. If you want a casual audience, something must be done about the atrocious amount of time commitment is expected to see anything close to a fun end game build. The fact that the META way to find runes is opening chests in P8 is… a problem.

3 Likes

They still removed the delay from casting Hydra which in and of itself is a huge buff, no? Having played hybrid Hydra sorc on live client, they were never useless, just not “omg the best” that people seem to want every skill to be now. Makes me sad to see so many want to turn D2 into D3.

1 Like

I think people was hoping for things being close to the best, not surpass it
And thats why they are upset, me included

You dont know what youre talking about, d3 difficulty ceiling is higher than d2

2 Likes

Ah yes, someone who has earned a doctorate in Diablo 2 and another doctorate in Diablo 3, does not know what they are talking about. If only I hadn’t played both games a combined 7500 hours, I might have accepted what you just wrote. Unfortunately…I have. If you wanna disagree, just say so. But don’t impugn my credentials.

D2R exists because D2/D2LOD sold immensely well, D3 sold ridiculously well, and Diablo Immortal and D4 are on the way. The franchise is incredibly lucrative and releasing D2R as an outsourced project was deemed to be financially viable both for projected sales and for marketing purposes to drive sales for the pending projects.

5 Likes

“I play a lot” is not a credential. It neither indicates you know what you’re doing or have more skill than anyone else who has committed less time.

The Browns play just as much regular season football as every other team, every year.

3 Likes

Skill has never been a factor in this game.

2 Likes

Totally agree with you. Those nerfs were not required! I really dont know why ppl get mad for a build that cost 20 hrs to build! Dude if you possess that much hrs you should be rewarded by them! This game is sick… close minded people are a plague…

1 Like

It ain’t useless, allowing 6 hydras would still be doing crazy daamge

I guess you have not seen how the new hydra was evaporating Baal and Diablo within second, almost as if he just blink out and gone.

3 Likes

so…you graduated, mastered, doctored and got a PhD to tell me that d2 ubers are harder than d3 GR150?

THANK YOU!

1 Like

If only the devs actually read the forums. I completely agree though.

Some changes are out of place. I don’t understand why!

1 Like

Popping in to show my support. The Holy Fire nerfs are sad. I was working my way through nightmare and everything seemed great with Holy Fire. No more strong than Sorc or Amazon at those levels. Single target still was much slower than if I had equivalent gear on either of those characters who have comparable clear.

Mr Llamma’s video he cant break immunities on p1 fire immune boss and dies to Lester trash packs with double dream and double dragon, infinity etc. It is hilarious if you are basing your opinion on that video. Because he died after it pulsed twice and still couldnt clear the p1 lester pack.

That pack would have been insta gibbed with a sorc or amazon with that much high rune investment. All of the packs would as they could break the immunities too.

2 Likes