Can't connect to server after Switch Update

I’ve updated to the latest version on Switch just a few moments ago. Now, I can’t even connect to the server and is always throwing me to the intro screen. I’ve restarted the console and my router to no avail. Anyone else experiencing this after the patch?

32 Likes

Same here. Can’t connect or failed to authenticate.

12 Likes

Yep same. Completely broken now instead of partially broken.

10 Likes

Yeah, same here. It keeps booting me back to the start screen now every other time I try to connect. Says failed to authenticate.

4 Likes

Same here, cannot connect. This is so frustrating.

3 Likes

If you try enough times you can still get the ol’ “Check your internet connection, idiot” message.

I think that’s the game now!?!

8 Likes

Thank God I haven’t updated yet lol

3 Likes

I was able to log in on pc without even a queue so it’s definitely the switch update breaking the game.

3 Likes

Same here … can’t connect to the sever

3 Likes

Yeah every day it’s “we fixed it” then you can’t log in. If you contact your bank they can refund you since blizzard won’t and Nintendo won’t either. We’ve been scammed and robbed by a large company, I’ve done it with gyms and Amazon etc, bank will refund you.

5 Likes

Same here! Any way to undo the update so I can get past the intro screen and play offline? Haven’t been able to get in an online match for days any way…

6 Likes

I just son’t think Blizzard is used to not owning the content delivery. They are actively making changes for PC to push out immediately. But consoles may take a week to get the update. By the time we do another 5 changes were made and now we need another week.

They should have it setup so consoles will work througout until they get the correct patches.

4 Likes

I think you’re right about Blizzard being used to owning the content delivery. I’m guessing that somehow Nintendo certified and released the patch but Blizzard still needs to flip the switch on their side to allow it because the servers are still expecting the old version. This is crazy!

2 Likes

Can’t connect to the game on nintendo switch since last yesterday (oct 14 2021)

2 Likes

Well I give up for tonight… They better have this fixed and an official apology before tomorrow night!

2 Likes

Thank you for your new form of parental control helping us quit net or game addiction. I can only play 3 hours each 3-4 days…

1 Like

Same here. Just installed the Patch, now nothing works… its either “cant connect to sever” or “failed authentification” error. Ridiculous!

2 Likes

blizzard apology? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Played fine since yesterday, installed patch, boom, can’t connect. This is such a breathtaking failure.

2 Likes

Maybe what they want is to have less people trying to crowd the server instead of helping us console players.

You think they gonna give you the queue?

No, they just take away your connection at all.