Can't connect to server after Switch Update

Same. You know, I’ve gotten used to the schedule of when the servers are down, and I’ve adjusted my time so I could play around that. But then this kind of thing happens. Ugh. This is so frustrating.

Same here, can’t connect after update!

Same here, can’t play. But this was a frequent issue even before the update

Yeap they broke it 100%dead lol

Then they will need another week to “fix” the issue.

Maybe they wanted to alleviate server issues so they created this patch.

I guess it’s working as intended! Less people are on.

SMH.

Good job Blizzard , wish you broke like you server soon

Couldn’t connect to server (with switch) either. Threw me right back to title screen, and then with another click straight to singleplayer.
Well that’s were I wanted to go anyway, so fine.

But yeah, online doesn’t work right now.

Do they have a twitter page with updates when this will be fixed? I used all my data to download the stupid patch too!!!

1 Like

same problem here. what blizzard delivers as a “gaming experience” is no experience at all. it’s a shame! nothing more. since I am in germany here, I will now contact “Verbraucherschutz” due to all those reasons. This was the last nail I needed for that. I cannot play in the afternoons or on weekends due to servercrashes, the PC version does not start at all on my gaming PC, so I had to use a borrowed machine for that and now I can’t play at all on console (yes, I bought that game twice!).
I can’t take that anymore!

1 Like

Bin gespannt was der verbraucherschutz dazu sagt. Poste gerne mal die Kurzversion wenn du eine Antwort hast ^^

2 Likes

Blizzard releases patch
Blizzard pats self on back
Blizzard ignores because jobs done

Maybe they don’t need the queue anymore now…

FWIW: I haven’t downloaded the update yet (Auto update apps set to OFF in settings) and I am able to connect right now.

Something strange if a previous client is still accepted by the server.

Can confirm. My switch updated and I can’t login. Brothers switch hasn’t been updated, and it logs in fine.

Pretty dumb to push an update out that breaks the game entirely for an entire player base.

Tell him to turn off auto update apps in settings!

I guess the update log of 1.0.0.5. is to prevent switch player to connect.

Can’t go online on Switch since last week. What is going on?!?!

yea, same here. this game used to be great, now i never wanna touch it again. imma go play Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate(older MH Title) where their servers actually WORK well. take notes blizz, least capcom knows how to let their customers play what they paid for.(ive gone from frustrated but patient to Irritated and a lil pissed i cant play D2:R but why am i not surprised at the same time) screw off blizz.

2 Likes

Got the update on my switch while playing the game around 4pm, says error occurred then started downloading. After download I can still enter and play online but its 8pm now and same old message saying you can’t log on. But I notice that I only been able to login at non peak times (mon-fri 2am-5pm, Weekends mainly early mornings). It’s been the same for the last 2 weeks. Seriously! it’s a bit of a joke.