Can we remove etheral restriction on indestructible items?

Yeah, I could get on board with this too. I mean, default “indies” are already rare, a what? 5% chance to roll Eth? That would add some spice to the RNG.

I don’t see any reason this would significantly upset the balance of the game. If anything, it may provide slight relief from perceived Grief mandate.

360 on eth grandfather max ed one handed. 292 with lowest roll.

1 Like

I love how people talk about Grand Father and phase Blade

Meanwhile

butcher pupil be like :dragon_face:

1 Like

Butchers pupil is not an ultra rare elite unique, it would be very good when ethereal though - i feel it has its place.

I love the thought of this - Grandfather especially. Eth Grandfather with 3 sockets might just get used - for now, its not ever getting used. By anyone. Ever.

1 Like

Eth grandfather one handed with 3 ohm socketed would have 462 average damage.

1 Like

When I made my 2.5 Class Sets topic, which you can preview here: 2.5 Class Set topic, my work around for IK Maul was changing the Indestructible mod to Self Repair(1 Durability every 4 seconds). As it stands, if something is inherently Indestructible, it can never roll Ethereal unless it ROLLS Ethereal all the time like Shadow Killer Battle Cestus for example.

Another idea I had floating around in my mind was to change Anya’s quest reward after killing Nihlathak from personalizing an item to adding Ethereal modifier to any given item, even one that is Indestructible(Bows/Crossbows would obviously be exempt unless you want to change that?). Meaning, Normal, Rare, Magic, Unique and even Set items would apply(So you can get Ethereal Aldur Boots, Ethereal IK Maul, etc.). Granted I’d love for Ethereal flag to roll on Set Items to begin with but it’d be a way to ensure getting Ethereal items for your characters without having to painstakingly hope an Ethereal flag rolls on X item. Other idea I had for her quest was to have her add/change Staff Mods but I think the Ethereal reward would instantly make A5 Q4 a given to be completed due to how valuable Ethereal modifier is on items.

1 Like

the pain if you finally have a unid ethereal grandfather on the ground. maybe it even rolled 3 sockets. but the worst. only 150% ed roll on it.

So 3x Ohm Eth Grandfather is still worse damage than a Grief?

Additionally, much much slower, no ITD, no demon damage, no DS, higher requirements? dang.

yep. it’s hard to beat the mighty Grief.

Anti-perfect Eth GF is still better than perfect non-eth

Because the ethereal buff applies to the base and therefor is enhanced by the Ed%

[115*1.5] * 2.5=431
115 * 3.5= 402

base damage is 45. but yea. probably don’t wanna use ohm’s in it.
[45*1.5] * 2.5=168 + 123,5 (max damage)= 291 (+34 damage per ohm)
45 * 3.5=157,5 + 123,5 (max damage) = 281 (+33 damage per ohm)

That’s 1han dps

Not base damage

what do you mean? it’s the average base damage on one handed CB.

Where are you finding eth grey/white Phase Blades?

Because x1.5 is such a difficult math calculation to do…

2 Likes

Also allow sets to roll ethereal

An additional 16 damage on Grief? :rofl:

If we get this, can we also get to socket Throw weaps (ie. Titan’s Revenge)

Nowhere.
Its an idea based on OP. If it could drop eth+indestructable at once.
And eth weapon dmg is simply 50% increased damage of the non-eth one.

I like the idea of getting Ethereal mod on item from Anya quest.

Sounds awesome to make Indestructible weapon ethereal this way.

AND the reward will not be so useless like it is now.

idk about that, that would be a bit too consistent, like, bam “eth titans” or “eth fort”, you get the idea. that seems like way too huge a change.