[Main Thread] - Can not create or join games - "character is already in a game"

Also… Still locked, curious to know if anyone is actually getting fixed or not. At this point I have very minimal faith.

1 Like

Can’t find any reports of anyone getting unlocked. I don’t think it’s working…

Anyone figure out how to actually create a ticket?

1 Like

All you people crying about being locked out for 4-7 hours are cute. Try being locked out for 24+hrs. Some of us didn’t even get the chance to pass lvl 30 yet.

1 Like

I haven’t been able to make, or join a game, since around ~11:00AM PST, on 9/24. Farmed one area, and quit to make another game, and have been stuck like that since. Can’t even make games on other online characters, when I do, it says it can’t connect and to check my internet connection.

Sure, I can clarify that. You don’t need to exit Diablo II and re enter for this. You just need to attempt to connect to a character every 15-30 minutes. The system is still chugging along and freeing people up, and we’re sorry it’s taking so long. I’m not sure what the exact criteria is that it’s using to unlock characters right now so I can’t say exactly who’ll get unlocked first, which is why I suggest retrying periodically.

It has to make sure that unsticking characters doesn’t cause any other issues as far as I understand it. The unstuck system is just going to keep processing and processing until everybody’s fixed eventually, and we’re monitoring it in the mean time to make sure it does its job correctly.

For those just joining us in the thread:

This is currently being worked on. Please note that Customer Support can’t manually fix this issue for you. If you’re experiencing this issue, the only thing to be done for now is wait and post in this thread. We’re sorry for the setback on your grinding, and hope to have this resolved ASAP.

3 Likes

reporting back it is now been around 6-7 hours where my toon is stuck in a server. Still waiting on some update acknowledging the issue specifically rather than lumping everything together.

Blizzard posts that the servers are stable again hours ago, yeah they are stable because tons of people can’t play!!

same here. stygian#1371, NA server…on pc

The impact is… HUDGE !!!
So much players beeing unable to play during so much hours, I’m sad to say this launch is a big fail :scream:

I called it. next week is the earliest we might be able to play. this “bug” is obviously a HUGE issue, otherwise it would of been fixed by now. I’m approaching the 24 hour mark. I probably wont be able to play until Tuesday or Wednesday I’m guessing

I put a ticket in. . . it said the estimated response time is 24 hours. . .

I am now at 9 hours of not being able to play because of this error. No clear time frame of resolution yet?

:rofl::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Character has been “online” now for about 7 hours and i’m not able to log in,

Character: LeBlanc
Server: Asia
Platform: PC Windows 10

What does posting in this thread do to help?

BattleTag: Knightshade#11848
Character: Nightshade
Server: NA
Platform: PC Windows 10

Thank you

Battletag: Crazycow#2546
Region: Europe
Platform: PC
Character (multiple, whole account): Magic_Monkey

My characters vanished and then they came back and now i cant make or join game as character already in server. Seems like making alot of games or joining alot of games in succession makes it happen.

The team is still working through a stack of locked characters this afternoon. Automated processes have alleviated some but the rest will require some manual processes from our end.

so that’ s means we will not be unlocked today ? 1.05am CET here

stuck since 2AM CET