Buff Lackluster Sets for Patch 2.5

Yes. I think adding an additional 50% MF to Aldur’s could give more options to magic find.

For people that are against ethereal sets, what about if it was only possible to roll ethereal weapon set pieces? An ethereal IK maul would make the set much stronger considering it rolls indestructible.

1 Like

Still hurts more sets than it will help. IK and Hwanin vs everything else, especially if they update more sets like endgame class sets such as Aldurs and Nats. While Aldurs weapon is a fairly common piece, Nats is not. No dice

Yes that makes sense.

Almost noone cares about higher defense from eth Gloves, Boots, Helm, Armor.

Ethereal mod is good just for higher damage on weapons basically.

1 Like

I agree ethereal set pieces for armor, gloves, boots, etc. would not add value. However, the possibility to roll an ethereal weapon set piece for higher damage sounds reasonable to me. We are talking 5% for rolling an eth weapon set piece. This shouldn’t be a hard line in the sand and think a compromise would be in order to meet in the middle.

1 Like

No. It’s a hard line, and is silly to begin with. Again, sets are hard enough to complete as it is, especially for the progression sets.

Well, if rolling ethereal set pieces are a hard no for you, what about changing Anya quest reward to make an item ethereal when you personalize an item (including indestructible)?

This would open up the possibity to have an ethereal IK maul, which would make this set much stronger. This also doesn’t impact completing sets as you mentioned.

I’m curious what people think about changing Anya quest reward to make an item ethereal when you personalize an item (including indestructible)? Right now, Anya quest reward is pretty useless in my opinion.

Anya’s quest is useless, yes.
Changing something’s status from ethereal to non or non to ethereal should be a service, as well. not a one time reward.

Same with Larzuk and Charsi. Let players play with those. You made three sockets items with a char. Now you must make a new character to do it again.

Nah. Just make it a repeatable quest, or give the player a cost. Give Larzuk what he needs to do it. Give Anya what she needs to etherealize or non-etherealize something. Give Charsi what she needs to imbue. Give Atma something useful to do. And make the pricings all reasonable.

1 Like

That could be an interesting change to the quest rewards for Anya, Larzuk and Charsi to be a service as opposed to a one time reward.

Cmon Blizzard, please consider buffing lackluster sets for Patch 2.5!

1 Like

I like a lot of your suggestions. I hope blizzard buffs these sets. I think Aldur’s watchtower is especially in need of a buff.

1 Like

Appreciate the feedback. I just hope Blizzard buffs the lackluster sets in 2.5 and agree with you that Aldur’s could use a buff.

My buff for Aldur went above and beyond what you’re proposing. So much so that it’d be a viable SS Set. Combined with my proposal for making Energy relevant, the +15/30/45 Energy Partial Set bonus that currently exists on the Helm would suddenly become a lot more impactful.

Same deal with M’avina as I buff not just Fire Damage but also piercing enemy resistance(something that Elemental builds need to succeed).

1 Like

I must have missed it, but where is your proposal for buffing Aldur’s set? Would like to check it out.

1 Like

How about something like this for a rework style?
Numbers are rushed, so nothing thought through, but it’s more about the concept and rough power.
The concept is;
Make it useful on low level without overdoing to much, though since you won’t find the complete set if starting from scratch 4 piece bonuses are very unlikely to matter early game, unless your willing to start trading (afaiac very much a part of the game and what makes it fun).
Make it stronger when upgraded so it will last longer and make upgrading interesting.

The Berserker’s Set is a Barbarian Set so change the helm into a barbarian helm and allow it to spawn staff mods (at random and they do not re-roll with upgrading).
Make it a 4 piece (either add new axe or allow for the axe to be wielded twice counting as 2 pieces of the set)
Add more bonus on items per item worn and add some to the set bonus, but especially on the items themselves.
Increase the power if you upgrade and item, upping gear does not only increase damage/defense and strength req etc, but also the set bonus on the item.
If all items are Exceptional or higher the set bonus increases.

2 parts 3 parts 4 parts
Current Berserker’s Hatchet Doube Axe 5-13 Damage
24 Durability
43 Required Strength
Range: 2
10 Weapon Speed
Damage Bonus: 100 Str
30% bonus to attack Rating
5% Mana Stolen per Hit
+50% enhanced damage
Current Berserker’s Hauberk Splint Mail 90-95 Defense
30 Durability
51 Str Required
Medium Armor
+1 to Barbarian Skills
Magic damage reduced by 2
+3 Defense per Clvl
Current Berserker’s Headgear Helm 30-33 Defense
24 Durability
26 Str Required
+25% Fire Resist
+15 Defense
+8 to Attack Rating per Clvl
Current Set Bonus +50 Life Poison Length Reduced by 75%
+4-9 Poison Damage over 3 Seconds
+75 Defense
New Berserker’s Hatchet Doube Axe 5-13 Damage
24 Durability
Str Req: 85 43
10 Weapon Speed
5% Mana Stolen per Hit
50% enhanced damage 100% enhanced damage
10% Chance of Deadly Strike
100% enhanced damage
10% Chance of Deadly Strike
+10% Increased Attack Speed
New Berserker’s Hatchet Twin Axe 13-38 Damage
24 Durability
Str Req: 85
10 Weapon Speed
5% Mana Stolen per Hit
50% enhanced damage 150% enhanced damage
15% Chance of Deadly Strike
200% enhanced damage
20% Chance of Deadly Strike
+20% Increased Attack Speed
New Berserker’s Hatchet Ettin Axe 33-66 Dmg
24 Durability
Str Req: 145
Dex Req: 45
10 Weapon Speed
5% Mana Stolen per Hit
50% enhanced damage 200% enhanced damage
20% Chance of Deadly Strike
300% enhanced damage
30% Chance of Deadly Strike
+30% Increased Attack Speed
New Berserker’s Hauberk Splint Mail 90-95 Defense
30 Durability
51 Str Required
Medium Armor
+1 to Barbarian Skills
25% Slower Stamina Drain
+10% Faster Run/Walk
+8% Faster Hit Recovery
+3 Defense per Clvl
50% enhanced defense
50% Slower Stamina Drain
+15% Faster Run/Walk
+16% Faster Hit Recovery
+3 Defense per Clvl
100% enhanced defense
75% Slower Stamina Drain
+20% Faster Run/Walk
+24% Faster Hit Recovery
+3 Defense per Clvl
New Berserker’s Hauberk Russet Armor 225-243 Defense
30 Durability
97 Str Required
Medium Armor
+1 to Barbarian Skills
25% Slower Stamina Drain
+10% Faster Run/Walk
+12% Faster Hit Recovery
+3 Defense per Clvl
100% enhanced defense
50% Slower Stamina Drain
+20% Faster Run/Walk
+24% Faster Hit Recovery
+3 Defense per Clvl
200% enhanced defense
75% Slower Stamina Drain
+30% Faster Run/Walk
+36% Faster Hit Recovery
+3 Defense per Clvl
New Berserker’s Hauberk Balrog Skin 410-517 Defense
30 Durability
Str Req: 165
Medium Armor
+1 to Barbarian Skills
25% Slower Stamina Drain
+10% Faster Run/Walk
+16% Faster Hit Recovery
+3 Defense per Clvl
150% enhanced defense
50% Slower Stamina Drain
+25% Faster Run/Walk
+32% Faster Hit Recovery
+3 Defense per Clvl
300% enhanced defense
75% Slower Stamina Drain
+40% Faster Run/Walk
+48% Faster Hit Recovery
+3 Defense per Clvl
New Berserker’s Headgear Fanged Helm Defense: 15-20
Durability: 35
Str Required: 35
1-3 staff mods
+25% Fire Resist
+15 Defense
+8 to Attack Rating per Clvl 50% enhanced defense
+25% Lightning Resist
100% enhanced defense
+25% Cold Resist
+25% Lightning Resist
New Berserker’s Headgear Lion Helm Defense: 63-75
Str Required: 73
1-3 staff mods
+25% Fire Resist
+15 Defense
+8 to Attack Rating per Clvl 100% enhanced defense
+25% Lightning Resist
150% enhanced defense
+25% Cold Resist
+25% Lightning Resist
New Berserker’s Headgear Fury Visor Defense: 105-150
Str Required: 129
1-3 staff mods
+25% Fire Resist
+15 Defense
+8 to Attack Rating per Clvl 150% enhanced defense
+25% Lightning Resist
+1 Barbarian Skills
250% enhanced defense
+25% Cold Resist
+25% Lightning Resist
+16 to Attack Rating per Clvl
+2 Barbarian Skills
New Set Bonus +50 Life Poison Length Reduced by 75%
+25% Poison Resist
+50 Life
+75 Defense
Poison Length Reduced by 75%
+25% Poison Resist
+50 Life
5% Life Stolen per Hit
+150 Defense
New Set Bonus All Items Exceptional or Elite +150 Life Poison Length Reduced by 75%
+25% Poison Resist
+150 Life
+150 Defense
+25% Poison Resist
+150 Life
10% Life Stolen per Hit
+300 Defense
New Set Bonus All Items Elite +250 Life Poison Length Reduced by 75%
+25% Poison Resist
+250 Life
+225 Defense
+25% Poison Resist
+250 Life
15% Life Stolen per Hit
+450 Defense

I linked it already(as did Sackett) in this thread but here it is again: 2.5 Class Set overhaul

Here’s a TLDR version of my Aldur overhaul.

Weapon: Remove +Damage, replace with equivalent %Enhanced Damage(which has a bigger impact when upgrading to Elite base), add 30% FCR

Helm: +1 Druid Skills, +2 Druid Summons, removed +Defense and added %Enhanced Defense.

Armor: Buff +Elemental/Shapeshifting to +2, add +50 Poison Resistance and removed +Defense in lieu of stronger %Enhanced Defense

Boots: Nothing

Partial Set: +Attack Rating
Complete Set: Combined MF and %Attack Rating from old partial set. Rest of attributes remain the same.

1 Like

Short answer: No good.

Longer answer: Your post is incredibly difficult to read, but there are several problems.

First, this is a Classic D2 set, which means Barbarian Helms are not available.
Second, even if they were available, sets do not get random staff mods, and even if they did that’s not a good idea for a level 3 set.
Third, there is no method in place for an upgraded set to get new mods. It just upgrades the base item. Nor should there be as that is far too complicated. Indeed, your proposal goes even beyond that suggesting that the set mods should be different depending on whether the set is normal, exceptional or elite. It’s all far too complicated and would require too much programming effort for little benefit.

Instead, the Berserker’s set should just be designed for use in early Normal. In fact, that’s the primary problem with the Berserker’s Set, it’s a level 3 set, but you can’t equip it at level 3 due to the high strength requirement. None of your suggestions deal with that problem.

See here for some suggestions on that. Mainly adding + Strength and adding -50% requirements

1 Like

I really like your idea for Aldur’s to further enhance the Druid from a SS perspective with a notable buff to Attack Rating.

Yeah I think so too and I went and overhauled M’avina(again far more than what you’re suggesting), updated/buffed Immortal King, Natalya, and Griswold while adding small touches/updates to Tal Rasha/Trang-Oul. Feel free to Like/Up arrow that topic btw if you haven’t already. I intend to update it once I get an idea as to what Blizzard has in mind for 2.5 PTR. I placed a priority on Aldur + M’avina but with 2.4.3, Immortal King could use some attention as well if they don’t plan to address Whirlwind again.