Bot accounts have ruined this game

Can blizzard ban all bot accounts that contain the following account IDs?

[A-Z][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]#[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]

Right now the Paladin ladder for reason 6 is full of bot accounts like P647#1866 etc…

1 Like

Blizzard doesn’t care about this game anymore. D2:R served its purpose, to pique the interest of the old retired from Diablo players to prime the sales for Diablo 4.

Blizzard makes more money from the botters rebuying the game after the infrequent banwaves than they do from legitimate players… If that tells you who their priority customer is for this game.

6 Likes

This is the sad truth. It was only useful to them for D4 hype. Now it’s not.

2 Likes

How did they ruin it? I’m currently level 81 on a healerdin and really enjoying the game.
Maybe stop worrying about what other people are doing and just play how you want too.

2 Likes

This is a P2W supporter line.

4 Likes

Nothing new. Bots are ruining D2 game like 15 years.

1 Like

The reason bots have existed in this game for 15 years if not more is A+B proof that quality loot is far, far too rare to be truly interesting and satisfying, if quality loot was more accessible there would be no bot and therefore no people to buy from its bots and even fewer Youtubers doing their promotions.

But you refuse to see it, you refuse to accept the truth, in reality if the game does not change it is because of you and not the bots because you do not want any change. No improvement, no accessibility and so this game will die, that’s how it is. And it will be your fault.

2 Likes

If GG endgame loot was common, ladders would be dead within days from reset. Look at D3. Legendaries literally rain there. And it’s no surprise that most players finish only the Season Journey and stop playing until the next season. There is no point of playing any further if you already reached endgame.
In D2 there is always a room of improvement, hence the game’s popularity and longevity.

1 Like

I agree.

I feel that way every time I see people against the idea of improved drop rates.

So basically make all of the top class gear easily accessible. Yeah, that will do a great job of eliminating the majority of bots, along with quickly dulling player interest when they all get “their fill” and get bored of the game. Sounds like a great way to run the game into the ground.

3 Likes

kkkkk It’s unbelievable what I’m reading, as I said in another topic, your place is not in an RPG genre game, you want something easy, the RPG genre is not your place! This thinking of yours is the thinking of these new generations, who don’t know how to chase anything!
Your games are Dota, LOL, WON among others, games lasting 25 minutes to 1 hour and then you leave the game!

2 Likes

You can already rock a fully geared S tier character in 1-2 weeks of gameplay. Maybe a tad bit long in single player, but that is single player you have the rest of your life to make up for RNG. And there are people complaining about the drop rates still? I mean I guess we could then start racing to gearing up one of every type of character per ladder?

Exactly this. I could be wrong, but didn’t the D2R team also promise seasonal updates?

2 Likes

Bot accounts are a direct response to the terrible drop rate for good items and terrible experience gain from 90-99 that provides little benefit. You should not need to play for many hundreds or thousands of hours to find a high rune or top item or to reach 99 with no extra tangible benefit.
Sure, you can play with the junk gear few are striving for that.

Alternatively we could have more reasonable drop rates and leveling combined with periodic updates providing new reasons to continue playing the game such as new items, skill updates, etc…

1 Like

You already don’t need to. Stop making up nonsense.

1 Like

Havent seen a high rune drop in hundreds of hours of chaos and cow runs, and leveling beyond 90 is only doable in a few terror zones that occur randomly usually only once per day and that take 1+ hour for 1 bar of exp during low mid 90s. In thousands of hours of game play I have only ever seen a few high level uniques drop, and of identifying literally tens of thousands of rares ( every one that falls ) only a few have been top items, and a small pile not entire junk.

Without bots botting the large numbers of high runes the ability to trade up using low items such as bases would only function for a short time as the low runewords achievable without high runes would quickly be made and then everything else would be waiting on a very rare high rune drop that few are recieving.

1 Like

That’s a you problem. Sounds like you need 1 hour to clear chaos p1.

Without people would actually have to farm again. Yes

Farm for what exactly, if finding 1 usable item takes 2000 hours? Thats a job for bots.

It’s also a line of anyone who’ve accepted reality.

Trying to prevent botting or 3rd party RMT, in a game like this, is to embrace the greater evil.

tell me you’ve never played d2 without saying you’ve never played d2, like ffs you’re serious with those ccomments? i get to lvl 97 every ladder without going overly hard.

and just my "grind " to 97 usually has me finding about 10-15 HR. some very high lvl uniques, i just found my second death’s web EVER last season… it’s the “little” things in diablo.

the funny thing about that and how i view diablo 2. is that you don’t even start finding the “Good stuff” until you are lvl 93+ unless you get randomly lucky drops as a “low level” but it’s more common once you’re high level.

i don’t think there’s any proof to my claim that’s just what i’ve noticed when i play the game. sometimes i don’t even bother mfing until i lvl up past 90ish… but sure, 90 is suuuuper hard to obtain. LOL