Bot accounts have ruined this game

Maahes is basically correct that the abysmal drop rates are why bots are so prevalent, but sadly the ship has pretty much sailed. They could increase drop rates 1000x now and the bots would still bot and people would still RMT because it’s become so ingrained in peoples’ behaviors and expectations. The upside would be that the prices would PLUMMET and they’d be selling Jahs 10-for-a-penny and it would choke out a lot of the RMT shops with their own rope. It’d be hilarious to watch, but Ladder would be a complete and total joke for a couple seasons until most of them went belly-up or moved on and the carnage settled down.

The video game 3rd party RMT industry was pretty much invented as a response to old D2’s horrible drop rates. Trading is the only thing that makes the drop rates remotely tolerable, but that then paves the way for cheaters. The D2R drop rates were improved some already, which moved them into the “barely tolerable” category.

For botters, JSPers, credit card warriors, and no-lifers whose idea of fun is 1000+ Trav runs in a row, increasing drops rates any more is pointless or negative. For people who try to play legit and like normal human beings, it takes the whole Ladder to do what they complain is done and over with after a couple weeks.

2 Likes

People are reaching 99 in what 3 or 4 days. Not “hundreds or thousands of hours”. And in both ladders I’ve participated a high rune vex+ was an every other day occurance when I was grinding. Even a steady dedication of a couple hours a day should get you a HR a week. If you think you’re been playing for “hundred or thousands of hours” and have had this type of a run, you’ve been doing it wrong or you’re simply lying about how many hours you’ve put it.

There simply aren’t RNG odds high enough for you to have played that long and not found a high rune. You’re full of it, a casual who plays poorly for an hour a week, sometimes forgetting you’re making nightmare games on accident with a weak build that can barely handle nightmare. Sure out there people having found a select one item and someone hasn’t found a cham rune, but to not find a SINGLE high rune or any type is just BS. In just one month of one ladder I found all except cham and multiples of a couple of them.

It has more to do with people willing to buy their way and skip the grind than the drop rates actually being low. You can have a fully built character level 99 with very top end gear within a week. There are plenty of other RPGs where that isn’t even close to possible. I don’t really care that RMT clowns exist, but botters bot because individuals are lazy. Though then again if you’re just buying everything I’m not sure what the point of the game is for you.

They never promised seasonal updates. In fact, they said shortly after the game was released that updates would slow down as time went on.

I think there’s some truth to that. But I’m not talking about eliminating it completely. I know that’s impossible. You can stifle it at the beginning of a ladder to give the economy a good week or so.

That’s all I’m asking for.