Blizzard Sorc Now Sits on the Iron Throne

This is what I was saying earlier. Please watch this video, it’s incredibly insightful with numbers and examples. The cold sorc isn’t actually getting the buff you think.

• Everyone can now farm hell with this charm without immunes, not just cold.
  • Infinity has a much larger impact for light and fire sorcs now, granting an overall higher net damage to these elements instead of cold, contrary to the noise here and on the forums.

I actually posted numerous concerns with the charms in my video today including some of the concerns that have been brought up on this forum. It’s not my fault you’re too thick headed to understand its PTR and values can be tweaked.

1 Like

wrong it still get resistance penalty for fire builds u only need flickering flame and u will be with same magic resistances. yes fire will be safer

and you save al ot stash space instead of resistance charms !
sorry for my english i m trying ma best xd

Guys, try the Tesladin to, that crap is also pretty nutts.

2 Likes

May I introduce you to the Fire Sorc wearing a Flickering Flame Crown? :rofl:

1 Like

Yep, everyone are going nut with CM and sleep on fire. Fire skill always had crazy damage number but the fire immune was the hardest one to break.

3 to fire skills
-10 to 15 fire resist
Resist fire Aura

It’s like this helm was developed in anticipation of these charms… :rofl:

6 Likes

You’re missing the point, is not Cold is the new king, is Cold sorc because the charm drop the monster to 95% and the Cold Mastery drop the resist more after… Your IceBowazon will depend on the gear to drop the resist after it drop at 95%

2 Likes

It’s always been too easy.
They making it worse.

1 Like

Just tried it… like trap and minion, do not apply. Cast my hydra on the other edge a Chaos and nothing died, I have to use my Fireball so Hydra Build was a thing for only one update…

And Blizzard is known to really do something with PTR feedback?
Sorry, in the first couple of PTR’s many issues were noticed and reported, they still made it live.
And when WW change was announced many said this is a bad mechanic, it got in and yes it was bad.
The shapeshift, more people realized this will break many shapebuilds and complained, they did not care and ruined many shapers.
They already did the effort to program it, they have less then 3 weeks left before the ladder goes live, you really think this gets thrown, maybe a few tweaks (highly unlikely unless streamers start screaming, they don’t care about the normal player base) but even with tweaks this charm is offensive to many players.

I understand to you things work differently, the more things move in D2r the more vids you can make and that means more money.
Hence your view of things like this will be different from people playing the game solely for playing the game, to some of us little changes means playing the game we love without it becoming a different game (don’t fix what ain’t broken), to you little changes means nothing to make vids about and thus bad for bussiness.
The vid was a Hype vid, not a I have concerns vid.
You noted a few, possible concerns, but quickly noted don’t worry yet and this will be great.
Your message in you “concern” vid was, it is going to be an amazing update to the game.
And about the “drawback” which you called good so no mindless spamming of the charm.
Pushing a single element 75% higher requires almost no effort and the sacrifice will not even come close to the gain.
And fire build, Flickering Flame…Drawback?
Come on it can hardly be called a drawback.

While this new dump is not bad for everything (the Physical Charm would not be so horrible imo), the interaction with Conviction, Facets and Cold Mastery will make most builds face-roll everything.
To those that already thought the game was made to easy this is the final nail.

I personally dislike the Terror Zone idea, many people disliked it, so the reaction was…lets make something to force you to play Terror Zones because you really want it.
That’s how far they listen, they hear we don’t want this and think then we need you to do it anyway.

3 Likes

Cold Mastery is not the problem. Those sundered charms are. But blizzard won’t change that. So either say goodbye to cold sorc, because they get nerfed hard or hail to the new king blizz sorc. Either way, blizz created a problem because they don’t know how the game works and what issues they raise and people in this forum are so dense that they don’t even understand simple mechanics and praise them…

Can’t wait for the tears after 2.5 hits live.

4 Likes

Change yes, but not for the sake of immense power creep. Instead of elevating underused classes and builds or balancing the content/zones to give those builds more purpose, they just made (almost) everything stronger. Too strong. Now they have to start with nerfing several classes etc. and it will not stop with cold sorc.
The problem is, that they opened the box of pandora with the introduction of these new GCs. If they would have more time until ladder start to tweak and fix things. Yeah maybe.
But this would require more iterations of PTRs to address the several issues that will emerge.
As it is now, it just feels like a desperate, rushed, lazy “fix” to TZs that does more harm than it does any good at the current state of the game. They really have to go back to the drawing board and totally rethink this approach and take their time.
Else, you will have next ladder, maybe kind of fun trying out all the new OP builds and then? What comes next when poeple complain everything is “too easy”? Hell 2, 3 etc. ? Greater Rifts? And then, when those are too hard? Paragon? Please no!

5 Likes

How bout just nerf hammerdins if they’re op in the terror zones instead of unbalancing everything to the point where you have to nerf the sorc instead. God forbid the Paladin takes a hit, but nope warp the game around them and nerf another character just because you can’t touch the precious Paladin.

5 Likes

You are insufferable and the worst influence this game has. Wish these idiotic modern game developers would stop listening to their obnoxious social media fanbase. The majority of people who play d2 don’t watch you, Twitch, or use this forum or Reddit, yet these clown devs insist on listening to the lowest common denominator who screech the loudest on social media. Modern gaming is trash. This game is becoming trash. RIP the remaster. All I wanted. But clowns like you need to make it D3.

6 Likes

Man I havent even had a chance to test it… Was an initial impressions video (which i said it was in the video) that I made before i went in to work night shift. It sounds like you just done like the changes which is fine. But please don’t speak for me. I was honest on what I thought was cool and what I was concerned about. The game is honesty on life support at the moment so id rather see bigger changes as opposed to none yes.

1 Like

I agree. Keep the game exactly the same and dont event consider changing anything. Solid idea

2 Likes

Changing it for the worse isn’t making it better. We all want changes just not crappy ideas being pushed like it’s gold.

7 Likes

Never said that. A logical fallacy, so lol’d. Changes like this aren’t improving the game whatsoever. NOTHING they’ve changed so far has been a good improvement, so it’s laughable to me that you will die on your ‘lol game needs change or will never be relevant.’ Game is being dumbed down to mass appeal to the casuals because all modern game devs care about is catering to the masses, even though a game like this will never be enjoyed by casuals ever. So, in essence, you get a game neither the nostalgic fans nor the newbies want. Good job modern Blizz. Nice dumpster fire.
You are deluded. LoD was on life support for years, and it was still more enjoyable than this modern mess. All these clown trash devs do is fix things people never asked to be fixed. PvP is utterly ruined, and it doesn’t matter if only a few people pvp, because those pvp whales have a huge impact on the in-game economy whether you and your Twitch plebians care or not. inb4 ‘well then go play LoD’. Yes, with the fractured community and 5 people still playing LoD. I’ll get right on that.

7 Likes