Blizzard Sorc Now Sits on the Iron Throne

Could there be a greater king? There is now no better item in the game than Cold Sunder GC. Once a sorc gets their hands on that it is GG. Just did PTR and Cold melted through everything WAY harder than everything else.

I mean I am fine with it, I always main Cold sorc in full tals. Now I can completely annihilate the game and have zero need for a merc any more.

14 Likes

Yep.

ES Blizz Sunder Sorc with Insight Merc is the endgame now. Period.

8 Likes

Best part is that they cant nerf cold either cause if they do it would be trash until they got the charm. So it just will sit how it does and all I have to fear is cold enemies? All 5 of those guys, lol.

2 Likes

Yeah that combo right there will be OP!

1 Like

I mean hell, 8k insta kill blizzard without any other GC’s or even a hellfire torch.

2 Likes

Bet they can even do ubers now.

4 Likes

Conceptually Sunder Charms are a good idea but in practice they don’t rotate the meta at all since Sorc will dominate even harder.

I’m kind of bored of Sorc tho so I might try a Poison necro with Lower Resists just for funsies

2 Likes

Unless those charms are rarer than a picture of santa, I don’t know how this game wont become too easy anymore. Especially with terror zone monster levels. I bet we see 99’s at full build within a week easy.

5 Likes

So that charm will probably be as valuable as the runes required for Infinity, or even more (as it won’t need a mercenary). Nice to have an alternative, at least.

Blessed Hammer and Cold sorcs are now top builds, I look forward to seeing more builds brought up to the new King and Queens.

Tried farming everything in hell, even the Trav council. Just pop in, blizz, and pop out, they all dead.

1 Like

Yes. Cold Sunder will be priceless

Finally, lightning characters have been dethroned!

4 Likes

It’s almost as if it’s PTR and you should provide feedback about cold mastery. Changing cold mastery to not pierce sundered monsters woukd alleviate a lot of the problems people are upset about. We also don’t really know the rarity of these charms yet. They could be d web rarity while people assume they will drop like pul runes and budget blizz sorc will be deleting everything…

4 Likes

Agreed. Lots of people are freaking out when this could be fixed by a minor change. I’d rather see more character viability than things staying the way they were.

1 Like

But if they nerf the cold mastery, it would be a huge detriment to cold sorcs until they obtain the super rare charm. So they cannot touch that. If they did, it would make them hugely underpowered compared to all other classes gaining benefits from the charm.

Like a javazon is about to bust through hell once they get their hands on this charm. If it is super rare, it will just be the new top currency item that everyone is trading for…but if it is super duper rare, than no one will have anything to trade for it.

1 Like

You misunderstand, if they change CM to not work on SUNDERED mobs, then basically they will have to get their -res from items just like every other build in the game. For all other mobs that aren’t cold immune CM will work the same as before.

1 Like

What I think should happen is that Conviction & Lower Resists & Cold Mastery should be affected by the 1/5 penalty against Sundered monsters, CM specifically could probably even be penalized 1/10.

What’s currently happening is that Infinity alone brings a Sundered monster from 95% resistance down to 10% resistance which allows elemental builds to absolutely steamroll them.

Cold sorcs are even worse since they can get 150%+ cold pierce easily, which brings down a 95% resistance monster down to -55% resists.

If the 1/5 penalty were applied then Infinity would only reduce 95% to 78% (85/5 = 17), which means you would still want/need -Enemy Resist% items like facets and Griffons against Sundered monsters.

Cold Mastery could probably get an even bigger penalty like 1/10, that would reduce 150% cold pierce to 15% which would bring a 95% cold resist monster down to 80%, or a damage multiplier of 4x. Still a big help but not mega overpowered as it is now.

1 Like

Making cold mastery selectively not work on sundered cold monsters ONLY changes nothing. Its just means you need infinity to do more dmg against a cold immune. Well the only change would be after yoi get infinity you could kill oblivion mages in chaos for example. But it would eliminate the massive power jump for a budget sorc (again assuming the charm isn’t rare). I think a lot of feedback is valid but people are completely over looking the new build possibilities imo.

3 Likes

This is just proving my point. If they did those nerfs to cold sorcs or even others that have negatives to immunity then there would be no point in them even getting the charm. In doing this, it would make cold sorcs garbo compared to all the other classes. there is no good way to balance the cold immunity issue with these mobs.

Cause your guys idea is to single out cold sorcs so their cold mastery is essentially dog sh*t compared to the other classes with the charm. Right now they are strong, in fact the strongest…however all the other classes are strong AF too. Once a javazon DOES get infinity and griffins they will be the top killers in the game.

With that, you then have to nerf conviction aura and necromancer resistance curse, further making the charms only useful to select few rolls now.

1 Like