Blizzard Respond To Server Issues

Speaking of WoW :rofl: their launches weren’t even THIS awful. Especially not after just over a month.

and yet, they blame our internet connection… fail

1 Like

With no que system and just a generic check your internet error message, these changes for pc are killing the console version.

Your entire development team should be fired. Piss poor planning on everyone’s part. Not only should you have expected an influx of new gamers to play the game, but expect the historical players to return. Yet, here we are. I could see this happening for a free game, but you made everyone pay for it. Shame on you Blizzard. Figure your crap out or offer up refunds. BTW, server queues are not figuring it out, upgrading your wish servers is.

5 Likes

exactly thing takes time and after 20+ years if you cant launch a game whit no bugs …

Let’s break this down:

1. All the content as to how to play the game and how to get more items and all that justification is morronish since that content was out there also for you to see and make the same analisis you just did and you should have expected people to do all the things you described, complaining about relogging for rerunning good places to gain exp is a really stupid complaint since you don’t have mobes respawning so at some point you will have to relog to have mobs again.
  2. The queue system is at best a punch in the face of the customers since you charged for a game with the chance to play it online, if your servers are not able to hold the amount of people that paid the game its your fault and you should upgrade the servers to fullfil the needs of the paying customers, you cant have people waiting at the door of a concert because you dont have room for them inside, if you do you have to refund them.

I love your games but my god you suck at dealing with unexpected issues and missing out on issues that you could have planned ahead for, like the runs for Baal for EXP!!!

You should upgrade your servers so that everyone can play and for the love of god restarting the game frequently is required as noone will do the 5 acts all the time for lvling the char once you have reached Hell difficulty, so stop bivthing about it and fix it.

Hope you fix this soon!!!

3 Likes

SQL Server Databases? Slow queries putting too much pressure on your back end services? Health check endpoints failing to respond in the expected time causing k8’s to restart pods?

Optimizing queries, Nice!

Check your database index fragmentation, could be fragmented causing updates even for simple queries to run at a snails pace.

O yea and spin up a team to start migrating to couchbase …

Keep going guys!! I love d2r… Best of luck!

Quite a read there. They’ve been busy.

It’s bigger than that.

Remember they changed stuff so they already have something stopping you from joining too often and they have something for PC pacing when people join but there are still issues.

I don’t know the issue but it’s not like they haven’t already done a lot of what you’re suggesting for PC at least

At this point I think they have to strongly consider what a game is…meaning when we create a game…what criteria now vs future.

Then how do they consider letting someone reset NPCs for farming and what are those impacts.

Next is…does anything I wrote and all they are doing effectively address the issues and also allow for future prediction and server adjustments.

Maybe if console lobby selection wasnt broken there would be less games made the most people I’ve had in a game with me is 3 and that was a very rare one time, normally it’s just me, occasionally 1 other person.while we are on the topic with the setup as it is, say I joing act 5 hell on baal quest cause I’d like to finish it, people make games to run baal and go afk whatever, so that’s the game I keep joining, the game that baal quest cannot be completed. Just stop acting like it’s too many people and find the root cause, yes I’m sure alot more games are being created, ask why.Dont feed me some bs about more tutorials online making people know “how to play” This is my one and only post I will make, message me when you start offering refunds cause I already tried that and got the run around from both blizzard and sony.

The queue system is a joke. I’ve been 2nd in the line 4 times so far. There’s no way it’s a real queue system. It’s just designed to slow players down.

These changes made this game nearly unplayable in multiplayer.

21 year old game and multidollar company. Every branch of Blizzard is garbage now.

2 Likes

My father is a computer technician for the port of Seattle he has to go fix servers that crash for the airport its a frustrating job cuz its not easy to fix a server that constantly crashes everyday

1 Like

Your pretty dumb aint ya ill talk post whatever i want try too silence me mortal

1 Like

Oh man. What the hell. Sorry for your loss brother

When you actually work and have limited time its a pain in the a$$And saying its only $40 is hilariois. If you went and bought take out and got something you didnt ask for youd complain. Its not about the money. Its about not being a POS company.
Also, why are you even on the here? Just to defend blizzard? “Well, im unable to play so i may as well go on the forums and stir up some dung.”

1 Like

Your comment is in error. We are not spoiled adults. We are hard working adults who only have a few hours a weekend to play a game. When that is taken away from us after we made a purchase…regardless of price…we feel some kind of way about that.

2 Likes

Oh look at you little rebel, you’re welcome to post whatever you want my g.

My advice was to remain quiet if you have no idea what you’re talking about so you don’t make a fool out of yourself. Feel free to share your frustration about D2R servers and other bugs otherwise. In fact, the more the better, if we bombard blizzard with all these glitch reports and stuff maybe they’ll do something about them.

I played online for 8 hours yesterday…once you get in you are fine…it is just getting in is the issue!

I find it funny they add something about the “correct” way to play effiently, as if these methods havent been out for over 15 years.

Exactly! Every few years I would pick up the game again and it was always Baal runs or similar type quick farming games. Anyone who played the original in the last 15 years would know the same. I’ve been locked out over 14 hours now, that never happened outside of scheduled maintenance on the original.

1 Like