Blizz is done with D2R

Looks like blizzard will never spend time or money on D2R again.

Very sad :pensive:

2 Likes

I doubt they’re done with D2:R. With the Microsoft merger, Rob Gallerani leaving Blizzard and them still trying to make D4 a decent game, D2:R has not only been shifted to the back burner, but the burner has been turned off.

Remember, the game is already a good game… They wouldn’t have remastered it otherwise. The original game hasn’t had any gameplay changes since 2010, and people still play it.

I bet more updates will come to D2:R whenever things settle down and they have some free time between major projects.

As hard as it may be to fathom, it could always be worse than it is.

4 Likes

D4 so bad

3 Likes

the biggest irony here is they dont need to change a damn thing outside of the out of game lobby and returning it to the bnet 1.0 functionality, with proper channels, offline block lists, filtered words, etc. and moderation options.

and yeah sure they game could use a loot filter… but as for balance changes?
frankly im fine leaving the game as is… yeah melee caster gap is absurd still, but that’s not what keeping me from playing.
whats keeping me from playing is not being able to talk to people… not having a community.

right now unless you have irl friends to play with d2:R online is basically … “offline with jsp”
because lobby is unusable

aka blizzard’s horrific butchering of the orginal UI for lobby

7 Likes

IMO:

Many game creators are still trying to figure out David Brevik’s Green Notebook on how to make awesome ARPGs.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

the game don’t need a loot filter.

1 Like

Maybe they will make some more updates when they are trying to advertise for Diablo V and they realize they cannot get much positive hype by associating it with 3 or 4…

1 Like

It doesn’t need one, but it sure as hell would be nice to have.

After playing Last Epoch and seeing the loot filter there I’ll admit it was a bit painful coming back to other ARPGs.

4 Likes

Consider that some of the diablo players get seizure whenever a suggestion about some additions get brought up, i cant say im surprised that they wont give any info or being on hold until later on.

Have you never had runes and uniques hidden under piles of loot???

That should be fixed… it wasn’t like that I. The old game.

I agree, it wasn’t like that before … it looks like they have about 580% more potions drop. That’s where the clutter appears at times.

We just need that Bilzzard open the code to Mods online.

2 Likes

I hope so also. I love the game myself and wish they would return back in future ladders with new content. I highly doubt it since I believe the studio that worked on D2R got absorbed into the diablo team. Well see though. Either way I love the remaster.

1 Like

We dont need that, actually i was also a modder of D2R in the Alpha, i am even more honest…i have my 1.14 client with wsg, desynch , ebugging , tcp ip and more but its offline and turned off not availiable online, saved in a external hard disk drive.

The thing is, we have all tools to make…lets say an own client, some of them needs to be update it and blizzard could also provide specific tools for an better workflow but the problem is…blizzard gonna send proabably lawsuit to the homes of the modder who goes online with their client. I mean they did that to my mate Ferib and to Shalzuth, they probably gonna do that with other ppl aswell. You can set ur client offline thats the only thing you can do but thats the only thing u can do. If they had atleast TCP IP not disabled , we could set our own realms specially on pvp and we could more enjoy it but this company is idk, i didnt see any credibility anymore, i see actually nothing inside blizzard, they are very high candidate to go bankrupt, they still have a lot money but lets see for how long.

Funny fact: In the past they didnt cared about modding for d2lod and we all know that mods kept d2 in general alive but when d2r cameout they started to become lets say more unfriendly with the customers. Blizzard is laughable to be honest, their devs are actually bobs and even their managment. So who cares really…lets see how long this company gonna progress overall.

1 Like

This may happen sooner than later. The d4 devs made a hail Mary campfire where they are going to change the entire trash loot system and balance of the game… Again. The game is trash and needs to be brought back to concept. Maybe the will scrap for d5.

3 Likes

With zero changes the last few seasons, it does feel like Blizz is done with D2R. Unfortunate, but it is what it is. I’ll continue to play D1, D2/LOD/R. These games are better, to me, than anything else out there right now.

That’s okay. I’ll never spend any more money on a Blizzard game.

Unless, of course, they decide to release Warcraft adventures or something.

Blizzard would have to pay me at least $60 an hour to play their trash games, because I would literally be wasting precious time.

1 Like

Plunderblunder and d4 remind me how much I never have to pay again.

1 Like

D2 so bad. I wish there’d be some massive changes to drop rates, or give us ways to find the loot to play builds without needing to do endless MF runs or opening the chest in Act 3 a million times.

2 Likes